FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Tolbert and Soliai cut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0d76fb8950964ec28151e6c186b0f009/panthers-cut-3-time-pro-bowler-mike-tolbert-and-paul-soliai

thoughts? I am okay with both. The cap doesn't make sense to have Soliai around. Tolbert was fading over the past couple of years. I loved having him around, but at this point rather free up the room. Next is JStew Very Happy
Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0d76fb8950964ec28151e6c186b0f009/panthers-cut-3-time-pro-bowler-mike-tolbert-and-paul-soliai

thoughts? I am okay with both. The cap doesn't make sense to have Soliai around. Tolbert was fading over the past couple of years. I loved having him around, but at this point rather free up the room. Next is JStew :D

Next is Dickson.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... we aren't cutting J-Stew.

Not surprised by Tolbert or Soliai being cut. Neither did much last year and it saved us some money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

thoughts? I am okay with both. The cap doesn't make sense to have Soliai around. Tolbert was fading over the past couple of years. I loved having him around, but at this point rather free up the room. Next is JStew Very Happy

Next is Dickson.
This and I hope we find a viable option in the draft and NOT in free agency

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

thoughts? I am okay with both. The cap doesn't make sense to have Soliai around. Tolbert was fading over the past couple of years. I loved having him around, but at this point rather free up the room. Next is JStew :D

Next is Dickson.

There are some VERY good options (Howard/Njoku) which would likely need a trade-up (which I think will happen... dunno if it will be for them, tho)... and then there are some good options (Leggett, Engram, Hodges) in the late 2nd/3ed... and then there is a guy named Butt

ericr0319

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Next is Dickson.
the free agency class at TE is loaded, and not just at the top. Lots of guys that can fill that #2 TE role we love to use. I miss having Olsen/Shockey.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big proponent for cutting Dickson. Never liked his game. I fully expect us to draft a TE for Olsen to "groom". If Jake Butt falls due to injury, I hope we pounce all over him.

JF16 Forever
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:

Why do you want to cut JStew? I know a lot of people want us to a RB in round 1 but what if that doesn't happen?

I just don't think cutting JStew at this point is a good move. We have plenty of cap space to make the moves we want. He could be a good 1-2 punch with a RB that we take in the first couple rounds.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Why do you want to cut JStew? I know a lot of people want us to a RB in round 1 but what if that doesn't happen?

I just don't think cutting JStew at this point is a good move. We have plenty of cap space to make the moves we want. He could be a good 1-2 punch with a RB that we take in the first couple rounds.

Cutting JStew is silly. Not only is he a good RB, but he is the best pass blocking RB in the league.

Drics13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the Barnwell offseason for the panthers?

1. Resign Short
2. Re-sign Addison or Johnson
3. Cut Stewart
4. Extend Trai Turner
5. Sign Desean Jackson or failing that Robert Woods
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
atown703 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Next is Dickson.
the free agency class at TE is loaded, and not just at the top. Lots of guys that can fill that #2 TE role we love to use. I miss having Olsen/Shockey.

Martellus Bennett/Greg Olsen Shocked

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks-Jake Bentley watch
Forever To Thee
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Tolbert and Soliai cut Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
atown703 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Next is Dickson.

Martellus Bennett/Greg Olsen Shocked
wont happen. not worth the cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: