You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revisionist History
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skibrett15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Revisionist History Reply with quote

Jason Wilde tells the story of the Randy Moss and Tony Gonzalez almost-trades:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=18734848
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Revisionist History Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
Jason Wilde tells the story of the Randy Moss and Tony Gonzalez almost-trades:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=18734848

Its nice to know the rumors that were circulating back then were basically true.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 years
8 postseason appearances
3 NFC Championship games
1 SB

If I could sign TT and MM to a lifetime contract I would.

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

Unofficially, I think that's already occurred. Seriously, where does TT go after this? He's close to retirement. McCarthy is 53 and probably has another 7 years left before he begins to make a Mike Shanahan-esque slide...and at that point, Rodgers probably retires.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
11 years
8 postseason appearances
3 NFC Championship games
1 SB

Find two teams that have had it better out 31 other teams over those 11 years or STFU.
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
11 years
8 postseason appearances
3 NFC Championship games
1 SB

Find two teams that have had it better out 31 other teams over those 11 years or STFU.

Seatte
Indianapolis

Pittsburgh is close
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
11 years
8 postseason appearances
3 NFC Championship games
1 SB

Seatte
Indianapolis

Pittsburgh is close

Seahawks have had it better by one Brandon Bostick fail. That's it. And look at them now. They're regressing, not improving.

Colts? Yeah, they've had 8 postseason appearances, 3 Championship games and one Super Bowl win, but they've gone two straight years without reaching the playoffs and have one of the least talented overall teams in football.

The only team that's clearly been more successful than the Packers over these past 11 years has been the Patriots. We're one game from matching them and a chance to beat them in Super Bowls this past 11 years. It wasn't McCarthy that pulled a Bostick, it was Bostick. It wasn't McCarthy who slid, it was Burnett. Basically, tough titties, deal with it. You play with fire when you change coaches and GMs, and I'd rather have a chance every single year than put all my eggs into one season's basket.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
squire12 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
11 years
8 postseason appearances
3 NFC Championship games
1 SB

Seatte
Indianapolis

Pittsburgh is close

Seahawks have had it better by one Brandon Bostick fail. That's it. And look at them now. They're regressing, not improving.

Colts? Yeah, they've had 8 postseason appearances, 3 Championship games and one Super Bowl win, but they've gone two straight years without reaching the playoffs and have one of the least talented overall teams in football.

The only team that's clearly been more successful than the Packers over these past 11 years has been the Patriots. We're one game from matching them and a chance to beat them in Super Bowls this past 11 years. It wasn't McCarthy that pulled a Bostick, it was Bostick. It wasn't McCarthy who slid, it was Burnett. Basically, tough titties, deal with it. You play with fire when you change coaches and GMs, and I'd rather have a chance every single year than put all my eggs into one season's basket.

And what NE is doing is historic. They've been more dominate in this stretch than any other team that I can recall including the 70s Steelers and Cowboys along with the Lombardi years.
HUDSONandGRUDEN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that I always look back on is the Lynch trade. In hindsight, probably worth it in terms of hurting Seattle as well.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUDSONandGRUDEN wrote:
The one that I always look back on is the Lynch trade. In hindsight, probably worth it in terms of hurting Seattle as well.

It changes quite a bit though. Maybe the Packers are better with Lynch. At the same time, if the Seahawks don't have Lynch, they don't sneak into the playoffs in 2010 and beat the Saints. The 2010 Packers likely end up in the NFCC in New Orleans, IMO a more difficult task than the Bears, who gave us all we could handle.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

wgbeethree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see the Lynch "trade" as a one year rental as I don't think this front office would pay a back big time money (nor would I want to personally) and we won the Superbowl that year so it's kind of a "mute" point to me.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
I still see the Lynch "trade" as a one year rental as I don't think this front office would pay a back big time money (nor would I want to personally) and we won the Superbowl that year so it's kind of a "mute" point to me.

#moredominate
HUDSONandGRUDEN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to make it seem like I think the Lynch thing was crucial. Just an interesting turn, because I really think he played an important role in terms of building the identity of that team. We also used that pick on Alex Green right?
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUDSONandGRUDEN wrote:
I didn't mean to make it seem like I think the Lynch thing was crucial. Just an interesting turn, because I really think he played an important role in terms of building the identity of that team. We also used that pick on Alex Green right?

If it was the 2011 3rd round pick, yes. I thought Buffalo wanted our 2, which was Randall Cobb, but I could be mistaken. Did they go over that in the podcast? I plan to listen when I get home from work.

Was the 3rd for Gonzalez one of the picks that was used to trade up for Clay Matthews?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the almost Marshawn Lynch trade. Ya know, the one where Seattle stole him from the bills for a 4th rd pick. Too rich for TT.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: