Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamPackFan Pre-Combine Mock - a slightly different look

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: RamPackFan Pre-Combine Mock - a slightly different look Reply with quote

Re-signed:
CB Trumaine Johnson
K Greg Zuerlein
DT Dominique Easley
DE Ethan Westbrooks
DE Matt Longacre
HB Benny Cunningham

Let Walk:
SS T.J. McDonald
QB Case Keenum
WR Kenny Britt
WR Brian Quick

Released: (I hope releasing these guys allows enough cap room for the below)
HB Tre Mason
OG Rodger Saffold
TE Lance Kendricks
C Tim Barnes
DE Eugene Sims

Free Agency
C – JC Tretter
WR- Pierre Garcon
OT – Ryan Clady
OG – Ronald Leary
OLB – Nick Perry (Perry comes back to SoCal - can we afford him?)
DT – Sylvester Williams
CB – Dre Kirkpatrick

2017 DRAFT

2nd (#37) Jabrill Peppers – DB/Michigan – I have been seeing a lot of talk that Jabrill has a good chance of falling into the early 2nd round due to where he would fit defensively. I’m not too sure he falls all the way to us, but let’s say he does. I like the pick, personally!

3rd (Comp) – Dede Westbrook – WR/Oklahoma - I believe this kid can and will overcome his character/behavior problems and will become a big asset to someone’s offense. Why not ours? This kid is a play maker, which is exactly what our offense needs.

4th (#110) – Bucky Hodges – TE/Virginia Tech – We will pick another tight end in the draft, that’s a given. Hodges is a big athletic target who creates mismatches all day long.

4th (Comp) – Chad Hansen – WR/California – This pick makes sense. Great hands and speed and has worked with Goff.

5th (#151) – JJ Deilman – OT/Utah – Building up that OL

6th (#191) – Jon Toth – C/Kentucky – Depth

6th (Comp) - Eddie Vanderdoes – NT/UCLA - Depth

7th (#232) - Ben Boulware – LB/Clemson –
Depth/ST

QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Pierre Garcon/Chad Hansen
ZWR: Dede Westbrook
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee / Bucky Hodges
LT: Ryan Clady*
LG: Greg Robinson/JJ Deilman
C: JC Tretter*/Jon Toth
RG: Ron Leary*
RT: Rob Havenstein

RDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Sylvester Williams*/Eddie Vanderdoes
LDE: Aaron Donald
OLB: Robert Quinn
ILB: Mark Barron/Ben Boulware
ILB: Alec Ogletree
OLB: Nick Perry*
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Dre Kirkpatrick*
SLCB: LaMarcus Joyner
FS: Jabrill Peppers
SS:Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small correction but we have our regular 3rd the Titans get the comp pick.

That's certainly investing in rebuilding the OLine. Comments coming from Kromer so far are interesting. It makes you think he feels he can coach up the players there now and it doesn't need a big overhaul like we all think it needs. That's going to be the big thing come free agency and draft to see. How exactly do we work the OLine.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Just a small correction but we have our regular 3rd the Titans get the comp pick.

That's certainly investing in rebuilding the OLine. Comments coming from Kromer so far are interesting. It makes you think he feels he can coach up the players there now and it doesn't need a big overhaul like we all think it needs. That's going to be the big thing come free agency and draft to see. How exactly do we work the OLine.

To be fair, you wouldn't take a job and immediately say that the people that report to you suck and you need to clean house. I don't think our coaches are stupid and realize that even if some players can be coached up we could use 2-3 new starters. At the very least we need a new center but that would be rolling the dice that GRob can play LT, Saffold can reliable, and Jamon Brown is salvageable.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

To be fair, you wouldn't take a job and immediately say that the people that report to you suck and you need to clean house. I don't think our coaches are stupid and realize that even if some players can be coached up we could use 2-3 new starters. At the very least we need a new center but that would be rolling the dice that GRob can play LT, Saffold can reliable, and Jamon Brown is salvageable.

This mock hits that, as he brings in three guys capable of playing the position in Tretter, Toth, and Dielman (who, from what I've been reading, a number of teams are looking at as a candidate to move inside to the position).

I'm just not a fan of Peppers in this system (he's working out with the linebackers group at the combine so that should be some indication of where he and his agent think he's going to be playing - or where teams have expressed the most interest in him thus far), but he's certainly not a FS in it.

Also, that's roughly $28-30m of free agent spending, not including the new contract to Tru which one has to assume would be in the $10-11m APY. It's possible, but I'm not really sure how likely.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

This mock hits that, as he brings in three guys capable of playing the position in Tretter, Toth, and Dielman (who, from what I've been reading, a number of teams are looking at as a candidate to move inside to the position).

I realize that. My comment was in regards to the idea that Kromer is saying that he thinks he can coach up our players without having a major overhaul. I am not buying his comments and think we are bringing in players to take over for our guys that are not cutting it. I agree in that sense with what this mock did to address the OL.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

I realize that. My comment was in regards to the idea that Kromer is saying that he thinks he can coach up our players without having a major overhaul. I am not buying his comments and think we are bringing in players to take over for our guys that are not cutting it. I agree in that sense with what this mock did to address the OL.

It really depends on what he thinks of the quality of our interior line - which has always been the bigger emphasis in his lines (push the pinnacle of the pocket, create more space for the QB to step up into to escape pressure, and just let the OT's run their edge-rushers past the pocket then reset to engage during recovery for the second-effort). Short of adding a new center (Barnes only has one year left one his deal, and we've all assumed he's looking at Wichmann as a center when he very well could be looking at him as a guard, so with this actually being a good center class it's probably a good bet we see some sort of draft capital invested here), yes... we'd like to see our guard play strengthened if possible, but it's not as dire a situation as G-Rob at LT is.

And even to the last bit, it's kind of a recurring refrain we hear from just about anyone that hasn't worked with G-Rob that they're are G'd up about the untapped potential he has (because he is incredibly toolsy - physically, they just haven't had the chance to work with him and see firsthand that he really seems to lack the mental acuity for the position).

Though I do agree with the statement you initially made that he's not just going to come in and call everyone we've got crap because some of them are going to end up starting; they're not just going to wholesale replace the starting OL. That said, I think a statement like that is a bit more indicative that they're less likely to bolster through free agency than they are through the draft.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Also, that's roughly $28-30m of free agent spending, not including the new contract to Tru which one has to assume would be in the $10-11m APY. It's possible, but I'm not really sure how likely.
We are already siting at just under $40m in cap space, and with the cuts he has made he has added another $15m. (it seems like we lost Hayes in there as well, which would be another $2.5m)

We are going to be able to make moves in Free Agency, even after paying Tru. We can probably break the bank once for a guy, not twice though. We actually could free up another $7m if we move on from Mark Barron. At the end of the day, we could get to $65m in cap space. Plus we dont have a 1st round pick to pay this year.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
We are already siting at just under $40m in cap space, and with the cuts he has made he has added another $15m. (it seems like we lost Hayes in there as well, which would be another $2.5m)

We are going to be able to make moves in Free Agency, even after paying Tru. We can probably break the bank once for a guy, not twice though. We actually could free up another $7m if we move on from Mark Barron. At the end of the day, we could get to $65m in cap space. Plus we dont have a 1st round pick to pay this year.

We can only free up $7 million if we trade Barron.

And it's worth pointing out that he spent easily over $50 million in Free Agency (if we count Trumaine).

There's also the problem that a lot of guys in the draft are likely going at the point where we draft them.

It's an interesting scenario, but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking.

I also don't see Peppers as a good fit on this team. He offers the same sort of skill-set that Barron does at this point in time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

We can only free up $7 million if we trade Barron.

And it's worth pointing out that he spent easily over $50 million in Free Agency (if we count Trumaine).

There's also the problem that a lot of guys in the draft are likely going at the point where we draft them.

It's an interesting scenario, but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking.

I also don't see Peppers as a good fit on this team. He offers the same sort of skill-set that Barron does at this point in time.

Yea..i had a feeling i was getting close to maxing out cap space..i had Nick Perry in parenthesis because i knew it was pushing it. Not an expert with the numbers thing.

Wishful thinking? I can see where you would say that.....however, every year (like clock work) i see players who are ranked in the top 15 or 20 and fall into the 2nd round or further because of whatever the situation. We'll probably/most likely see it again this yr....not saying it's these exact players though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: