Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Cardinals mock draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleXmad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: A Cardinals mock draft. Reply with quote

I did this mock draft using http://draftwired2.com:8888/apps/DraftWired this website's draft app simulator, it's a pretty neat draft tool to do a quick mock draft like I did here, I'll include my reasoning for the picks as well.

Cardinals Draft Simulation

Picks:
Rd 1 Pk 13 - Mike Williams (WR) Clemson - Larry Fitzgerald is 33 and will be 34 when next season kicks off, Michael floyd is gone as well and John Brown's sickle cell issue is a concern here's a solid WR to replace Fitzgerald down the line.

Rd 2 Pk 45 - Forrest Lamp (G) Western Kentucky - Even with Carson Palmer coming back for probably his final season, The offensive line could stand to add another solid guard it's not the biggest need but Lamp helps in the short and long term.

Rd 3 Pk 77 - Carlos Watkins (DE 3/4) Clemson - Darnell Dockett's replace if he leaves in FA, if not here's some depth and his eventual successor.

Rd 4 Pk 118 - Cameron Sutton (CB) Tennessee - An upgrade across from Patrick Peterson is a major need, Cameron Sutton is a solid CB who can at the very least be a good nickel.

Rd 5 Pk 158 - Chad Hansen (WR) California - An underrated WR who can add depth to the WR corps and eventually be the no.2 WR behind John Brown and Mike Williams.

Rd 5 Pk 179 - Nathan Peterman (QB) Pittsburgh - There's a 95% chance the cardinals the draft a QB in the draft while they could definitely take one early, taking a developmental QB and letting him sit for a year behind Palmer and learn from him would probably be the smarter move then drafting an early round QB who won't start for 1-2 years.

Rd 6 Pk 199 - James Conner (RB) Pittsburgh - David Johnson is one of the best RBs in football, But Depth is needed behind with Chris Johnson being old as dirt and Andre Ellington being a FA James Conner would be an effective Bruising runner behind him.

Rd 7 Pk 235 - Fish Smithson (FS) Kansas - The Final dart throw pick on a guy who can probably not survive in the desert very long.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Hate receiver in the first. They lose value quickly when you have nobody to throw them the ball. I'm 100% against this team going receiver in 1.

2 - Don't mind a guard - Big money invested in Iupati, but the spot opposite is a turnstile right now.

3 - I assume you mean Campbell - In 3 were not going to get a replacement, but a piece, can fit into the rotation.

4 - Corner, IMO, needs to be addressed well before now. I'm looking for a starter via the draft.

5 - If he can play special teams then we are golden.

5 - I'm not a Peterman fan, and I'm also firmly in the go big or go home camp when it comes to drafting QB's.

6 - I like the idea of taking a RB, just no this type of running back. Johnson isn't going anywhere on short yardage snaps so Connor likely loses value quickly. I'd be looking for a swiss army knife type an Ellington replacement.

7 - Great name value. These picks are your special teamers, we need to add talent on teams.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be able to couple Williams and Mahomes in this draft, but that leaves us vulnerable at corner still. I thought about it and maybe we could land a rental like Terence Newman at corner, try and catch him ring chasing. I don't hate taking Williams, but obviously we all know that QB would need to be addressed either this year or next.

But anyways, I like what you did here. Lamp would probably come in and compete for the starting job (Or get redshirted Embarassed )

DE continues to get mocked to us in this range, but I honestly don't think we end up taking one early. I think Nkemdiche will start every game this year and be decent, just like DJ Humphries. Literally their narratives were the exact same their rookie years. "In Arians dog house" "Made strides late"

I like Sutton, he'd honestly probably start for us. Good year for corners when a guy like this is still available in the fourth. Still would have liked to address it earlier with someone with more talent. Sutton is good, but better suited for waiting to start or, like you said, in the nickel.

The rest of the picks are just always your lottery numbers, just hoping they don't get cut. Perriman is unnecessary at that point. We don't need a backup and he's no Brady

#JDI
OleXmad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
1 - Hate receiver in the first. They lose value quickly when you have nobody to throw them the ball. I'm 100% against this team going receiver in 1.

2 - Don't mind a guard - Big money invested in Iupati, but the spot opposite is a turnstile right now.

3 - I assume you mean Campbell - In 3 were not going to get a replacement, but a piece, can fit into the rotation.

4 - Corner, IMO, needs to be addressed well before now. I'm looking for a starter via the draft.

5 - If he can play special teams then we are golden.

5 - I'm not a Peterman fan, and I'm also firmly in the go big or go home camp when it comes to drafting QB's.

6 - I like the idea of taking a RB, just no this type of running back. Johnson isn't going anywhere on short yardage snaps so Connor likely loses value quickly. I'd be looking for a swiss army knife type an Ellington replacement.

7 - Great name value. These picks are your special teamers, we need to add talent on teams.

yep I did mean Campbell, I always get those two mixed up for some reason.

I get not taking a WR in the first, but after this year it will probably just be John Brown and not much else.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: