You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Odell Beckham Jr. Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Odell Beckham Jr. Questions Reply with quote

Hey Giants fans, wanted to do some research on OBJ from a fantasy perspective. I consider him to be a generational, transcendent WR, is the the consensus here?

1. I know his production dipped a bit this past season (relative to his per game stats the past two years), why was this? Trying to figure out why his YPG and, more importantly, TDs dropped.

2. What kind of effect does Ben McAdoo's scheme have on his production?

3. Is he the focal point of the offense? Is he a focal point in the RedZone?

4. Do kind of stat lines do you see him putting up for the foreseeable future? (i.e., 1300+/10+TDs, etc)
Cruz Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think it was mostly because our entire Offense as a whole declined mostly due to poor O-line play.

2. Honestly not much IMO I rarely see Odell make a play and think "wow what a great play call".

3.Yes and Yes I think he's a great decoy in the RedZone offense and allows others to get 1-1 matchups.

4. Truly depends on QB play, his floor for a healthy year is probably around 1000yds 8 TDs
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If 101 catches, 1367 yards, and 10 touchdowns is a "bad season" for a player, they are an incredible player. However, it wasn't necessarily a down season for Odell. It was a down season for the whole offense. Some people want to point to the OL, and that played a part, but the much bigger problem was the predictability of the offense. Crazy to think, but the offense struggled a lot because of young, inexperienced, not great run blocking TEs and no FB on the roster. We were in 11 personnel 95% of the time all year. That is absolutely insane. You can only run so many different plays out of the same personnel package. That falls on Mcadoo honestly. I have faith he can get the offense back to where it was 2 years ago, and once it does, Odell will be putting up 2015, 2014 numbers again and the whole offense will be better as well.

2. Our offense is basically the same one GB runs. The scheme doesn't really do anything special in terms of affecting his production, but his skillset is perfect for what the offense requires, which is getting the ball out quick and letting the skill guys show what they can do.

3. Absolutely. The Giants know it and so do every team they play. Take for instance this past year, there was a play against GB I think where he got double teamed like I'd never seen a WR get double teamed before. 2 DBs were lined up across from him like it was a punt coverage unit. It was insane.

4. I could see his future being a little bit more up and down than you would expect. No doubt in my mind he continues to post incredible numbers until Eli retires, but then his numbers are going to depend on the QB situation. If we get stuck in QB purgatory, there's a chance his numbers dip incredibly, or if we get a young guy who locks in on him, we could see something like his catch numbers and TD numbers get astronomical but his YPC go down. It's a little bit up in the air with the QB situation inevitably changing while he is here in NY, but a guy as talented as him, I can't ever see him having a healthy season that is worse than 80/1100. TD numbers could vary a lot though. We saw what Mike Evans's TD numbers were from 2015-2016.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: