You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTERS MOCK OFFSEASON 2.0

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTERS MOCK OFFSEASON 2.0 Reply with quote

Bucs Mock off season.

Players Resigned:
WR Russell Shepard
DE/DT Will Gholston
RB Jaquizz Rodgers
DE Jaq Smith (RFA Tender)
CB Josh Robinson
S Bradley McDougald

Retire or resign:
LB Daryl Smith: If he wants to come back I believe he will be back on a one year deal

Players to cut/let walk:
- CB Alterraun Verner (released)
- RB Doug Martin (released)
- WR Vincent Jackson
- C Joe Hawley
- S Chris Conte
- T Gosder Cherlious

Players to extend:
- WR Mike Evans : He is due a BIG PAY DAY
- TE Cameron Brate: He is reliable and has really developed

Free Agency Signings:
Safety Tony Jefferson: 5 years 30 million
- Mike Smiths defense requires both safeties to be able to play both FS and SS. Jefferson is a well rounded safety who is very good in coverage and against the run. Licht is familiar as he was with the regime that drafted him.

DT Jonathon Hankins: 5 years 22 million
- OUr interior was exposed last year against the run. McCoy needs a big man next to him at the nose. Hankins will improve our run game on early downs

RB Andre Ellington: 1 year deal
- Ellington had a fine start to his career until the addition of David Johnson. I think he would be a fine addition to Bucs roster.

WR Terrance Williams: 2 year deal 12 million (2nd year is an option)
- Williams won't get a large deal on the market in my opinion. He provides an excellent number 2 option to Mike Evans

NFL Draft:
1st round: Charles Harris DE Missouri
- I know we need weapons for Winston, but we need to take advantage of a strong Edge rushing class and Harris is a stud. 31 TFL and 9 sacks, he is around the football non stop and a terror on the outside. With Gholston being a factor as a run defender and Ayers on his last year of his deal, Harris and Spence could be our future book end coming off the edge for the next 4-5 years min. You can never have enough pass rushers

2nd Round: Chris Godwin WR Penn State
- Bucs need a playmaker and Godwin shows the ability to stretch the field vertically and can go up and win contested balls showing the ability to run crisp routes and strong hands to high point the ball in the air.

3rd Round: Pat Eiflein C Ohio State
- The Bucs need a center in the worst way and Eiflein is a day one starter. Potential to be a top tier center in this league and we can move Pamphile to RT.

4th Round: Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
- Leggett is a well rounded TE who is a sound blocker and good in the pass game. Him and Brate will form a solid 1-2 punch

5th Round: James Connor RB Pittsburgh
- Connor has heart and is a physical bruiser. Licht may mirror New England's RB by committee and Connor offers the bulk/bruiser we lack in short yardage situations

6th Round: Conor McDermott
- Bucs could use some OL depth at tackle. With Sweezy's future in the air, Pamphile can either be a G or Tackle. Why not have depth for security?

7th Round: Victor Bolden WR Oregon State
- Gadget player who can help with the return game and add depth to the receiving core. Speed is what we need and Bolden can be a dynamic player in the return game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 14184
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have we all given up on Martin? Has that happened?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
So have we all given up on Martin? Has that happened?


When Martin got suspended he gave the Bucs a way out of his gurantees 7+ million for 2017. He's injury prone. Has a problem off the field and he can't stay healthy in 3 of his 5 NFL seasons. I'd say we're all but done with him. Plus he will be suspended the first three games. This isn't Leveon bell type talent at RB. I think Martin is done as a starter in this league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flawless mock. Would go TE round 2 over WR since T Will will be the long term 2. A rookie WR would be #4 in the depth chart by default.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Flawless mock. Would go TE round 2 over WR since T Will will be the long term 2. A rookie WR would be #4 in the depth chart by default.


Williams had a down year in Dallas so I wouldn't commit to him long term. Hence the two year deal. I think a lot of teams will do the same but that's just a hunch.

I'm going the Pittsburgh route. Get 4 strong receivers and let Godwin develop. He's very underrated. Can stretch the field along with attack the rock in the air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
Flawless mock. Would go TE round 2 over WR since T Will will be the long term 2. A rookie WR would be #4 in the depth chart by default.


Williams had a down year in Dallas so I wouldn't commit to him long term. Hence the two year deal. I think a lot of teams will do the same but that's just a hunch.

I'm going the Pittsburgh route. Get 4 strong receivers and let Godwin develop. He's very underrated. Can stretch the field along with attack the rock in the air.
Please. He had a "down year" because Dez Bryant came back and was crying for the ball. Not to mention Dak is captain check down only throws to safe options. Dude is always open, he is a good receiver that was under utilized. Yeah, I mean I get it wouldn't be mad one bit but would prefer a TE over a #4 WR. That's all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
Flawless mock. Would go TE round 2 over WR since T Will will be the long term 2. A rookie WR would be #4 in the depth chart by default.


Williams had a down year in Dallas so I wouldn't commit to him long term. Hence the two year deal. I think a lot of teams will do the same but that's just a hunch.

I'm going the Pittsburgh route. Get 4 strong receivers and let Godwin develop. He's very underrated. Can stretch the field along with attack the rock in the air.
Please. He had a "down year" because Dez Bryant came back and was crying for the ball. Not to mention Dak is captain check down only throws to safe options. Dude is always open, he is a good receiver that was under utilized. Yeah, I mean I get it wouldn't be mad one bit but would prefer a TE over a #4 WR. That's all.


To ask this question. Why another TE and who in round two?Cameron brate led the league with 8 TDs for all TEs. He's become a reliable target. Improved as a blocker and has great hands and chemistry with Winston. Who in the second round would we take? In my opinion, taking another receiver strengthens our depth and allows us to spread out the defense with more 4 wide packages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 1530
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Terrance Williams fan but I don't agree with using a "down year" as a reason for not looking at someone long term. I'm actually more cautious about those who had an "up year" more as they tend to cash in on that short term performance only to come back down to earth. One year doesn't elevate or condemn a player to me.

Look at his career, his health, his character and make a decision on whether he is a player who can help this team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
I'm not a Terrance Williams fan but I don't agree with using a "down year" as a reason for not looking at someone long term. I'm actually more cautious about those who had an "up year" more as they tend to cash in on that short term performance only to come back down to earth. One year doesn't elevate or condemn a player to me.

Look at his career, his health, his character and make a decision on whether he is a player who can help this team.


I get it. He'll probably get something more that is my fault. If the going rate for sanu is 7 million that is what it'll cost given that is what we are looking to do.

I still like Godwin but trust me I wrestled with the point of a RB here. I just didn't think Foreman would be here in round 2 to be a bruiser. I also thought about the kid from Toledo , Hunt but I went wide receiver here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 1530
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
I'm not a Terrance Williams fan but I don't agree with using a "down year" as a reason for not looking at someone long term. I'm actually more cautious about those who had an "up year" more as they tend to cash in on that short term performance only to come back down to earth. One year doesn't elevate or condemn a player to me.

Look at his career, his health, his character and make a decision on whether he is a player who can help this team.


I get it. He'll probably get something more that is my fault. If the going rate for sanu is 7 million that is what it'll cost given that is what we are looking to do.

I still like Godwin but trust me I wrestled with the point of a RB here. I just didn't think Foreman would be here in round 2 to be a bruiser. I also thought about the kid from Toledo , Hunt but I went wide receiver here.


It's very tough to put a realistic projection on someone, especially in late February. I would love to see Foreman in the 2nd. Aside from Cook, I actually think he's got a better career outlook (long term) than Fournette. Big, bulky, shifty and GREAT vision. With the amount of RB's coming out this draft i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Foreman to be there for Tampa in the 2nd, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Godwin is on my radar as well. I just feel this is super early for his talent, though I will say that we will see WR's coming off the board in the early 2nd so it's possible he gets over drafted. Just hoping we stay away from Ross in the 1st and JuJu in the 2nd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on ju ju smith and Ross. Ross is fast but that's all I see. I don't see him as a developed route runner and a guy who attacks the football.

Ju ju smith I feel lacks explosion. He's more of the possession type receiver and isn't the vertical threat we look for at the NFL level. Sure he did it at Usc but I don't believe his speed translates to that in the NFL. I feel he's a bit overrated as a prospect.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fournett and Cook scares me with his frame and fumbling issues to take that early. Honestly unless it's a Zeke Elliot type of talent Id stay away from RB in round 1. Fournett is a beast physically but I see average vision. Unless there is a lane open created by a strong OL, Fournett tends to struggle to create space and lacks the patience to find the crease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on ju ju smith and Ross. Ross is fast but that's all I see. I don't see him as a developed route runner and a guy who attacks the football.

Ju ju smith I feel lacks explosion. He's more of the possession type receiver and isn't the vertical threat we look for at the NFL level. Sure he did it at Usc but I don't believe his speed translates to that in the NFL. I feel he's a bit overrated as a prospect.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fournett and Cook scares me with his frame and fumbling issues to take that early. Honestly unless it's a Zeke Elliot type of talent Id stay away from RB in round 1. Fournett is a beast physically but I see average vision. Unless there is a lane open created by a strong OL, Fournett tends to struggle to create space and lacks the patience to find the crease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
Flawless mock. Would go TE round 2 over WR since T Will will be the long term 2. A rookie WR would be #4 in the depth chart by default.


Williams had a down year in Dallas so I wouldn't commit to him long term. Hence the two year deal. I think a lot of teams will do the same but that's just a hunch.

I'm going the Pittsburgh route. Get 4 strong receivers and let Godwin develop. He's very underrated. Can stretch the field along with attack the rock in the air.
Please. He had a "down year" because Dez Bryant came back and was crying for the ball. Not to mention Dak is captain check down only throws to safe options. Dude is always open, he is a good receiver that was under utilized. Yeah, I mean I get it wouldn't be mad one bit but would prefer a TE over a #4 WR. That's all.


To ask this question. Why another TE and who in round two?Cameron brate led the league with 8 TDs for all TEs. He's become a reliable target. Improved as a blocker and has great hands and chemistry with Winston. Who in the second round would we take? In my opinion, taking another receiver strengthens our depth and allows us to spread out the defense with more 4 wide packages.
Because Koetter loves 2 TE tight end sets and they will allow us potentially be a better run team. I like Evan Engram, really think he is a game breaker and has yards after catch ability in the mold of Jordan Reed. Butt would be better though bc he is a better blocker but torn ACL makes him an option round 3-4. Its all preference, if we go 4 WR set, great gives us more room to run and clears out the box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group