You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts Top 30 WR'S of All Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdonnelly21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
I think Isaac Bruce is too high. I don't consider him to be top 10.

I don't get why he doesn't get more respect. He was posting insane numbers before the GSOT days and they were with guys like Chris Miller and Tony Banks.

Yeah this is the same way I feel. I feel like he's a bit underrated. But like I said I feel like

Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt, Issac Bruce, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson are all interchangeable.
TY4ATD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
1. Chad Johnson too low. He was the best WR in the AFC from 2003-2006 and Top 3 overall. And another Top 3 year in 2009.

2. T.O. above Moss.

3. Calvin Johnson is way to high. He is not Top 10 all time.

Marvin Harrison was the best WR in the AFC from 2003-2006

No, he wasn't. Harrison has him in TDs due to the Colts being a well oiled TD scoring scoring machine but Johnson easily has him beat in every other statistical category during this time. Johnson was All Pro First Team all four of these years. Harrison was not.

Yes he definitely was, Johnson had better stats because he got more targets, even though the Colts passed more and were a great scoring unit he also had Reggie Wayne Dallas Clark and Stokley ect who all put up over a 1000 yard seasons in that time, Johnson really only had TJ to compete with. Plus Marv from 99-02 was better than Johnson ever was he should be above Holt IMO and Chad should be a honorable mention to be honest.
Crickett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

I don't get why he doesn't get more respect. He was posting insane numbers before the GSOT days and they were with guys like Chris Miller and Tony Banks.

One thing I have learned over the years is that everyone who participated in the GSOT is held against everyone else who was on that offense. No group of players are individually maligned in that fashion for playing on the same team quite as much as the greatest show on turf.

Kurt Warner was never really that good because he was playing with Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce in Mike Martz's offense.

Marshall Faulk was never really that good because he was playing with Kurt Warner, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce in Mike Martz's offense.

Torry Holt was never that good because he was playing with Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce in Mike Martz's offense.

Isaac Bruce was never that good because he was playing with Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt in Mike Martz's offense.

Mike Martz was never that good because he had Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to work with.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Sterling Sharpe is say too low

Probably. I always wonder what could have been whenever there is a discussion of the best WRs in league history. Neutral
LaserFocus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts Top 30 WR'S of All Time Reply with quote

mdonnelly21 wrote:
Peak, Prime, Career Value & Accomplishments.

#1. Jerry Rice
#2. Randy Moss
#3. Terrell Owens
#4. Calvin Johnson
#5. Michael Irvin
#6. Tory Holt
#7. Marvin Harrison
#8. Isaac Bruce
#9. Chris Carter
#10. Larry Fitzgerald
H/M
#11. Andre Johnson
#12. Steve Smith
#13. James Lofton
#14. Steve Largent
#15. Art Monk
#16. Irving Fryer
#17. Andre Reed
#18. Lance Alworth
#19. Raymond Berry
#20. Fred Biletnikoff
#21. Tim Brown
#22. Reggie Wayne
#23. Hines Ward
#24. Dan Maynard
#25. Sterling Sharpe
#26. Cliff Branch
#27. Jimmy Smith
#28. Antonio Brown
#29. Julio Jones
#30. Chad Johnson

These lists take time to put together, so I appreciate the effort. However, Irving Fryar is rated far too highly here. Henry Ellard was better than Fryar and Chad Johnson. And Hines Ward was superior to all three of those guys.
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad list, but I'd have Alworth in my top 10... The guy was pretty much the original OBJ / AB type of player.
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good list, thanks for putting it together but yeah Don Hutson should be on the list for sure.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY4ATD wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
1. Chad Johnson too low. He was the best WR in the AFC from 2003-2006 and Top 3 overall. And another Top 3 year in 2009.

2. T.O. above Moss.

3. Calvin Johnson is way to high. He is not Top 10 all time.

Marvin Harrison was the best WR in the AFC from 2003-2006

No, he wasn't. Harrison has him in TDs due to the Colts being a well oiled TD scoring scoring machine but Johnson easily has him beat in every other statistical category during this time. Johnson was All Pro First Team all four of these years. Harrison was not.

Yes he definitely was, Johnson had better stats because he got more targets, even though the Colts passed more and were a great scoring unit he also had Reggie Wayne Dallas Clark and Stokley ect who all put up over a 1000 yard seasons in that time, Johnson really only had TJ to compete with. Plus Marv from 99-02 was better than Johnson ever was he should be above Holt IMO and Chad should be a honorable mention to be honest.

Chad also had to compete with Chris Henry.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

One thing I have learned over the years is that everyone who participated in the GSOT is held against everyone else who was on that offense. No group of players are individually maligned in that fashion for playing on the same team quite as much as the greatest show on turf.

Kurt Warner was never really that good because he was playing with Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce in Mike Martz's offense.

Marshall Faulk was never really that good because he was playing with Kurt Warner, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce in Mike Martz's offense.

Torry Holt was never that good because he was playing with Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce in Mike Martz's offense.

Isaac Bruce was never that good because he was playing with Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt in Mike Martz's offense.

Mike Martz was never that good because he had Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to work with.

Rolling Eyes

No one says these things...

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
Crickett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Crickett wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
TENINCH wrote:

Rolling Eyes

No one says these things...

You say that until you get into a Torry Holt vs T.O. or Marshall Faulk vs. someone with more rushing yards and less YFS argument and then it's all you hear.

Torry Holt. Only receiver in NFL history with six consecutive 1,300 yard seasons. Led the NFL in receiving yards twice during that time. But he played with other talented players in a pass happy offense, so it somehow doesn't count.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ly,nn Swan?
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
Should AB and JJ really be on here yet? Take them out and add Don Hutson and Boldin like 43 said.
I was thinking the same thing. Most of those players on that list are HOFers or inevitable inductees. JJ and AB are basically being put into the same categories as; not only best of all-time at their respective positions, but also being put into the hall of fame as well. Which is stretch at this point either of their careers. Both would need atleast a few more years to even be considered as such. Much more in regards to JUlio.

I think they're fine to be on the list. Both of them will be a lot higher on it by the time they're done. I think they're both future HoF locks.

Boldin should be on the list though.

Hutson I feel is just more of a "special mention" or something.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the truth is GSOT had an ultra rare combination of multiple elite players in their primes. That kinda thing happens rarely. Like 2007 with two arguably GOATs in Brady and Moss. Montana and Rice. Peyton and Harrison/Wayne.

All those have the other held against them in their respective years.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Sterling Sharpe is say too low

I agree. People forget (or maybe never had the privilege of seeing) how great he was.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree that Sharpe should be a bit higher, although I maintain that AB/JJ both pass him up eventually.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: