Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offensive Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: The Offensive Line Reply with quote

Current Depth Chart:

LT Decker
LG Glasnow
C Swanson
RG Tomlinson
RT Robinson

Bench:

G Dahl
T Lucas
G Rotheram
G Thomas

Free Agents:

Riley Reiff RT
Larry Warford G
Garrett Reynolds G

What are your solutions to fill out the right side of the line?

Are you happy with Swanson at C?

What free agents would you like to target?

Should be bring back Reiff and/or Warford?

Should we invest in free agency or the draft for the OL?
Lions017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with Swanson. He's a solid player I would try my hardest to bring back Reiff, unless some team is willing to throw crazy money at him. At RG I would just try to see what Tomlinson, Dahl, and a veteran FA or mid-round pick can do. Have an open competition between those guys and Glasnow for the two guard spots.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
I'm happy with Swanson. He's a solid player I would try my hardest to bring back Reiff, unless some team is willing to throw crazy money at him. At RG I would just try to see what Tomlinson, Dahl, and a veteran FA or mid-round pick can do. Have an open competition between those guys and Glasnow for the two guard spots.
I would agree with this. It may be hard depending on price but if we can bring Reiff back then I think its a major step in the right direction for our team this offseason.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-Spjijyx8
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker is solid at LT, don't need any changes there

Glasgow is pretty solid at LG, wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a veteran player to compete with him here.

Swanson is solid at C. They'll likely bring in another center for camp, but he will likely be the only one on the roster.

Warford is going to leave.

Tomlinson and Dahl will fight for the right guard spot. They will likely be open to trading Tomlinson for the right price and at the same time be looking for more guys to compete at this spot.

Reiff hopefully will be back before free agency starts. He's going to want to be here, but he also may want to test free agency and see if anyone is willing to pay him more money. He's the best right tackle available this year, so the Lions would be smart to sign him to a nice contract. If he leaves, they will likely target a veteran RT who was cut or could be traded for (Doug Free for example) to compete with Corey Robinson.

Decker, Glasgow, Swanson, Dahl, and Corey Robinson should all be on the OL next year. Reiff ideally will re-sign and who knows if they'll trade Tomlinson. They will likely keep 8 OL so that leaves room for another addition.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: