You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNPackfan32's Still Too Damn Early Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This Mock Draft...
Sucks
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Is really bad
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Just bad
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Actually not bad
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: MNPackfan32's Still Too Damn Early Mock Reply with quote

Free Agents
Eddie Lacy - Stays
Nick Perry - Stays
Julius Peppers - Stays
Jared Cook - Stays
Lang, Tretter, Hyde -Gone

Round 1 - Fabian Moreau - CB - UCLA
Might be a little early for him, but plus HWS and ball skills, needs some refinement but that is the Packer way. We love projects at CB. Moreau adds talent and speed at a positon that needs it.

Round 2 - Ifeadi Odenigbo - EDGE - Northwestern
Lead the B1G in sacks. Thick, powerful EDGE rusher who I expect to have a good combine. Not many people talking about him but I think we would be lucky to land him here. Think Nick Perry if you want to compare him to a current Packer.

Round 3 - Kareem Hunt - RB - Toledo
Physical runner, lack of long speed might cause him to drop, but will fight for every yard. There are questions to be asked as he was suspended for one game in 2015, possibly for being overweight. This guy breaks tackles and runs like Lacy/Lynch just not quite as talented. Can catch the ball and willing pass protector.

Round 4a - Damarius Travis - S - Minnesota
Prototypical size, 6-2 210, and can line you up and lay the wood. Possible future replacement for Burnett. Could contribute on ST's. Went to high school with Damarious Randall. With HaHa, Morgan, Brice and Travis, we would be ultra deep at safety and give us more flexibility on defense.

Round 4b - Larry Ogunjobi - DT- Charlotte
For some reason decent DT's seem to fall in almost every draft with guys like Mike Daniels and Grady Jarrett and others. Ogunjobi probably shouldn't last this long but we get a good player who can add a little pass rush in the middle.

Round 5 - Erik Austell - OG/C - Charleston Southern
Small school, career LT, undersized, gets kicked inside. Sound familiar? Total disclaimer, I have no clue if this kid is good or not, just fits the TT mold.

Round 6 - Jalen Myrick - CB - Minnesota
Slot CB, maybe play some ST's.

Round 7 - Gabe Marks - WR - Washington State
Productive, gets lost in a deep WR class. Probably a slot WR in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the draft! Hit a lot of needs with some good players. Getting Myrick in the 6th might involve some luck but cb is so deep it could happen.

My only issue is how open youre leaving the G position. I think we have to retain either Tretter or Lang. Spriggs isnt strong enough to hold up at guard so your solution would be a 5th round rookie and no depth. One guard goes down and were in trouble.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably still have 25m left to spend, really hard for me to know if I like the draft without seeing what was brought in at FA. As is, OG, EDGE and CB look really thin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft and needs are in line, just not a fan at all of Hunt, but that's just my personal opinion

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Draft and needs are in line, just not a fan at all of Hunt, but that's just my personal opinion
Really?? Why??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
You probably still have 25m left to spend, really hard for me to know if I like the draft without seeing what was brought in at FA. As is, OG, EDGE and CB look really thin.
What is this "free agents" you speak of?? But seriously, we don't know who has gotten released yet, so I can't give you much for names.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I see here but we're pretty deep at Safety. Can Travis play CB a la Randall? Can he replace Hyde in that Charles Woodson, 5th DB rover type of role? Major reach on Odenigbo, we'll see what he does at the combine. Really like the Austell pick and it's very realistic given how we've typically drafted on day 3. At worst, he's a good developmental guy.
Ahhs10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we let Lang and Hyde go only to do nothing in FA? Don't see it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I like what I see here but we're pretty deep at Safety. Can Travis play CB a la Randall? Can he replace Hyde in that Charles Woodson, 5th DB rover type of role? Major reach on Odenigbo, we'll see what he does at the combine. Really like the Austell pick and it's very realistic given how we've typically drafted on day 3. At worst, he's a good developmental guy.
Burnett is a free agent after this season. I think Odenigbo is a 2nd rounder but the combine will sort that out. We need to maintain depth at on our offensive line and we know Ted wants experienced LT's to kick inside.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we let Lang AND Tretter go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
No way we let Lang AND Tretter go.

I was just going to say this.

I hope we keep Hyde too. He is one of those jack of all trades types that teams need even if they aren't starters.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: