Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

War Room - Total Control Mock GM Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trojan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: War Room - Total Control Mock GM Draft Reply with quote

Hello, This is the War Room for the Oakland Raiders for TOTAL CONTROL MOCK DRAFT II! This will be the 2nd and final full off-season mock I'll be participating in for the year. I just finished the first one a few weeks ago.

This is the War Room where you can follow allow with what I am doing for this mock. You can post suggestions, critiques, debate, hate-on, mock or just watch to see how I should really just keep my day job.

I am always open to suggestions and ideas of what I should do and you can be as involved as you so choose.

The links to the actual mock are here:

Cap Space:
~18,000,000

CUTS

TRADES
Raiders Receive:Round 5 Pick, Connor Barwin
Eagles Receive: Round 4 Pick

Reasoning: Connor Barwin was a veteran edge rusher that can contribute to our pass rush for potentially another year or two. In 3-4 looks he also has experience, and likely is a superior fit. Worst case scenario I just made a move similar to that of the Raiders signing Lamarr Woodley, but I believe Connor Barwin is likely not a bust. With Barwin, Aldon, Mack and Irvin we will have quiet a bit of rushing talent and another veteran to mentor James Cowser and Shilique Calhoun.
________

Raiders Receive: DJ Fluker, RT
Chargers Receive: Jihad Ward, DL

Reasoning: Jihad Ward was a selection I didn't agree with at the time, and new general manager is bringing in "his guys". This also replaces Austin Howard, one of our offseason needs. I think Jihad Ward still has upside, but I am addressing needs here.
________

Raiders Receive: Curtis Grant, MLB
Giants Receive: Ben Heeney, MLB

Reasoning: Ben Heeney I think has had his Oakland Raiders shot, so I flipped him to the Giants where he can compete for another fringe roster player Curtis Grant at the same position. Grant was a 5 star HS recruit that didn't really pan out at the Ohio State. His upside comes to Oakland with the ability to compete for a roster spot or potentially, if rules permit, become a developmental player on the practice squad.

________
Raiders Receive:
Brian Cushing - ILB
Kurtis Drummond - S
Round: 4th Pick: 24 Overall: 129

Texans Receive:
Dan Williams - 43DT
Austin Howard - RT
Round: 5th Pick: 10 Overall: 155
Round: 5th Pick: 24 Overall: 169

Reasoning: Brian Cushing addresses the need for a veteran leader in the middle of the defense. He is capable of all the mental and leadership abilities we are in need of in the center of our defense and has success playing with fellow trade acquisition Connor Barwin. Like the Barwin trade I view this as a stop gap in an effort to have enough talent for a SB push in a two year window before reloading. Kurtis Drummond was a mid-late round safety prospect I liked out a couple draft classes back that ended up undrafted but has remained in the league. I view him as depth at safety with developmental upside of starter potential.

_______

Raiders Receive:

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - CB
Pick 243

Dolphins Receive :
Pick 208

Reason: Ifo as a prospect before his injury was a top nickel corner, now coming off his second ACL (and irl release) I figured I would place a bet on his rebound and move down a bit in the late rounds to control his contract should he return successfully. When we theoretically trim to 53 players, Ifo will almost assuredly take an IR spot, which is an acquisition with minimal cost.

TAGS/EXTENSIONS/RESIGNS
Exclusive Rights Franchise Tag - Jon Condo - LS
2nd Round Tender - Denico Autry - DE
ERFA - Denver Kirkland - LG
ERFA - Gabe Holmes - TE
ERFA - SaQwan Edwards - DB
ERFA - Seth Roberts - WR

FREE AGENCY
Round 1, Successful Sign - Le'Veon Bell, RB
Round 1, Successful Resign - Menelik Watson, OT
Round 1, Failure to Sign - Sylvester Williams, DT
Round 1, Failure to Sign - AJ Klein, OLB
Waiver Wire Claim - Tre Mason - RB
Waiver Wire Attempt - Connor Shaw - QB
Waiver Wire Attempt - Geogre Atkinson III - RB
Waiver Wire Attempt - Cole Manhart - RG
Waiver Wire Attempt - Stanley Jean-Baptise - CB
Waiver Wire Attempt - Carl Bradford - ILB
Waiver Wire Attempt - James Hurst - LT
Waiver Wire Attempt - Marcus Cromartie - S
Round 2, Failure to Sign - Dontari Poe, NT
Round 2, Failure to Sign - Kevin Minter, ILB
Round 2, Successful Sign - Matt Elam, S
Round 2, Successful Resign - DJ Hayden, CB

Draft Picks

UDFA'S

DEPTH CHART

QB: Derek Carr, Connor Cook

RB: LeVeon Bell, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, Tre Mason, Taiwan Jones

FB: Jamize Olawale 

WR: Amari Cooper, Johnny Holton, KJ Brent

WR: Michael Crabtree, Jaydon Pickens

Slot: Seth Roberts
LT: Donald Penn

LG: Kelechi Osemele, Oni Omoile

C: Rodney Hudson, Jon Feliciano

RG: Gabe Jackson, Vadal Alexander 

RT: DJ Fluker, Menelik Watson, Ian Silberman

TE: Clive Walford, Lee Smith, Gabe Holmes, Cooper Heifert, Ryan O’Malley

LE: Connor Barwin, James Cowser, Branden Jackson

NT: Darius Latham, Justin Ellis

UT: Mario Edwards, Denico Autry
RE: Aldon Smith, Jimmy Bean, Demetrius Cherry
SLB: Khalil Mack, Shilique Calhoun, Andy Mulumba

MLB: Brian Cushing, Corey James, Curtis Grant
WLB: Bruce Irvin, Neiron Ball, Dwayne Norman, Tyrell Adams

CB: David Amerson, Dexter McDonald

CB: Sean Smith, DJ Hayden, Antonio Hamilton

Nickel: Travis Carrie, Kenneth Durden
, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (IR)
FS: Reggie Nelson, Kurtis Drummond, Keith McGill
, SaQwan Edwards
SS: Karl Joseph, Matt Elam

LS: Jon Condo

K: Sebastian Janikowski

P: Marquette King

Acquisition Key:
Free Agency
Trade
Resign
Draft
Waiver Claim

Last edited by Trojan on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:01 am; edited 22 times in total
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuts:
Sean Smith
Dan Williams

Extension:
Carr

Restructure:
Sebastian
Howard

Resign:
M Watson- (cheap)
P Riley
N Allen- (cheap)
B Trawick
D Bates (cheap)
J Condo- (cheap)
D Hayden (cheap)
Mcgee (Cheap)
Trojan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to cut any of the Raiders until we need cap space. I think that's a common mistake in specifically these mocks because you get up to a 90 man roster so you may as well carry them on the roster until you need the cap space.

Free Agency wise I can place reserve bids on FA Raiders but only resign bid on one per round. Then I also can place 3 additional FA bids.

Here's the FA doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/123gIPUjWX-d6tudQIjQTgnib94V-EyqEztf83zV3FXc/edit

But obviously some guys will get tagged once that phase happens. I have 3 targets for the first round, but I'm not 100% locked in on them. I just don't want to pre-post the names I'm interested in case the other GMs are looking to snipe. If you guys want to post which FAs make sense to you though that would be helpful. Or I could PM you what I am thinking for the three targets when it comes up.

I don't want to trade off our stars, because I'd like to make a realistic option to look at. However I did get an inquiry into trading for Rodney Hudson (but I said I wasn't interested in moving him). I wouldn't cut Sean Smith at any point in this because he has value in trade if I went that route.
Trojan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping if anyone is interested. I resigned Menelik Watson and landed LeVeon Bell in round one of free agency, but. Missed out on bids on AJ Klein, and Sylvester Williams. traded away Dan Williams Ben Heeney and Austin Howard and the 5th round pick for Cushing, Barwin, Curtis Grant and a safety.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: