Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Arrested for Fight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank-O

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ everyone jumping the gun on allegations.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:

Considering we know there's video and and he knocked two guys out, unless it was self defense or this is mistaken identity we know he deserves prison and there is decent evidence. End of story.

Last edited by BlueOne on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:
Crickett wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
If this ends his career, does it completely destroy his chances of sniffing the HOF?

I can't imagine loses their hall of fame status over a fistfight.

Reports are saying he's being charged with four felonies. So who knows.

Exactly, if he gets convicted of four felonies, how does that effect voters when guys like TO have trouble rallying up the votes?

He won't get convicted of ONE felony lol.
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/police-darrelle-revis-facing-assault-robbery-charges/

Quote:
Pittsburgh Police say charges are pending against Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis after an incident last Sunday morning in the city’s South Side area.

Those charges include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday, and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.

Yikes. As if the Jets needed any excuse to cut him and his salary...

Lol always the South Side of Pittsburgh. It's nothing but a bunch of rowdy drunken idiots there, of course that's where everyone is always getting in trouble. Joey Porter most recently. I remember one time I was on the south side and some dude was knocked out after talking too much crap sprawled on the ground, some girl was next to him drunkenly screaming for help but people were going to him to take selfies with him.

I got chased by a dude with a 2x4 and a house arrest ankle monitor walking to my buddy's house from Carson St. once. Unbelievably trashy area.
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/police-darrelle-revis-facing-assault-robbery-charges/

Quote:
Pittsburgh Police say charges are pending against Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis after an incident last Sunday morning in the city’s South Side area.

Those charges include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday, and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.

Lol always the South Side of Pittsburgh. It's nothing but a bunch of rowdy drunken idiots there, of course that's where everyone is always getting in trouble. Joey Porter most recently. I remember one time I was on the south side and some dude was knocked out after talking too much crap sprawled on the ground, some girl was next to him drunkenly screaming for help but people were going to him to take selfies with him.

I got chased by a dude with a 2x4 and a house arrest ankle monitor walking to my buddy's house from Carson St. once. Unbelievably trashy area.

Sounds like the bottoms and west side of Columbus.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

Quote:

I work there, but thankfully I'm out before it gets late. South Side is so gross, and just stupid.

I'm guessing Revis is gone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:
Crickett wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
If this ends his career, does it completely destroy his chances of sniffing the HOF?

I can't imagine loses their hall of fame status over a fistfight.

Reports are saying he's being charged with four felonies. So who knows.

Exactly, if he gets convicted of four felonies, how does that effect voters when guys like TO have trouble rallying up the votes?

You're comparing TO's locker room issues and other on-field antics with something that happened in the offseason, away from football. Not comparable.

pnies20 wrote:
He won't get convicted of ONE felony lol.

You're right, he'll settle for an undisclosed sum in civil court and all charges will get magically dropped.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't even heard Revis' side of the story from the police report is sounded like he was just walking down the sidewalk and the first guy got in his space and asked him if he was Revis and took out his phone and started filming him. Revis grabbed the phone and tried to delete the video and the guys friend came over along with some friend of Revis' and they all four got in a fist fight and obviously the NFL player won.

From that happening we get charges for Revis of aggrevated robbery and terroristic threats?? Seems like a bit of a joke to me. Just looks like a case of assault. Now I've never studied law but I can't imagine those charges sticking.

Not a good look for Revis especially when he probably hits FA this offseason, but nothing from what I've read leads me to believe he sought out a fight, more that a drunk idiot got in his face and started recording him. Stupid to turn into a fight but maybe he was having a bad night, either way I don't think this is the type of incident that changes my viewpoint of his career.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fight is meaningless to me. I'm just hoping this means the Jets can shake having to pay him this season. He was a key part of the team's apathy towards losing.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueOne wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

Considering we know there's video and and he knocked two guys out, unless it was self defense or this is mistaken identity we know he deserves prison and there is decent evidence. End of story.

You don't know any of that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Not even....

If TO can get snubbed for being hard to get along with, who knows?

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Not even....

...because TO's issues were football-related, and Revis' are not.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Not even....

You honestly think voters are going to not take it into account because it was not "football-related"?

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Not even....

You honestly think voters are going to not take it into account because it was not "football-related"?

Is that what I said? I said they are two different issues. It's an apples and oranges comparison.

While they'll certainly "take it into account", an offseason scuffle with a couple of drunk degenerates won't have as much of an impact as multiple, documented run-ins with coaches, players, and NFL media.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Not even....

Yep.

It has more to do with the fact that a lot of those voters, just like a lot of fans, legitimately don't like Owens. I don't think anyone is going to hate Revis because he got in a fight. I doubt this hurts his chances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: