Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock Draft II
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTMW78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Total Control Mock Draft II Reply with quote

Finally get a crack at this with my team Very Happy
This is the War Room where you can follow with what I am doing for this mock. You can post suggestions, critiques, debate, hate-on, mock or just watch to see how I should really just keep my day job.

I am always open to suggestions and ideas of what I should do and you can be as involved as you so choose.

Roster Count: 60

Cap Space: $54,843,200

CUTS

TRADES

Trade
49ers give Arik Armstead
Colts give Donte Moncrief + round 3 pick 79

49ers give Eric Reid
Browns give Josh Gordon + round 6 pick 180

TAGS/EXTENSIONS/RESIGNS

Jeremy Kerley WR - 4 yrs $7,353,332 / $3,000,000 guaranteed / $1,838,333 APY

Andrew Tiller OG - 4 yrs $4,945,000 / $2,000,000 guaranteed / $1,236,250 APY

FREE AGENCY

Melvin Ingram SAM/DE - 6 yrs $85,360,002 / $29,850,000 guaranteed / $14,226,667 APY

Malcolm Smith WIL - 4 yrs $17,700,000 / 5,000,000 guaranteed / $4,425,000 APY

Sam Bradford QB - 3 yrs $40,500,000 / $15,000,000 guaranteed / $13,500,000 APY

Jacob Tamme TE - 2 yrs $7,671,746 / $2,671,745 guaranteed / $3,835,873 APY

Jabaal Sheard DE - 4 yrs $50,850,000 / $22,000,000 guaranteed / $12,712,500 APY

Stacy McGee DT - 5 yrs $37,750,000 / $10,500,000 guaranteed / $7,550,000 APY

Perry Riley ILB - 2 yrs $4,050,000 / $2,500,000 guaranteed / $4,050,000 APY

Draft Picks

Round 1 #2
Round 2 #34
Round 3 #66
Round 3 #78
Round 4 #107
Round 4 #143
Round 5 #147
Round 5 #180
Round 6 #186
Round 6 #203
Round 7 #222
Round 7 #223

UDFA'S

DEPTH CHART

QB - Sam Bradford | Colin Kaepernick
RB - Carlos Hyde | Mike Davis | Raheem Mostert
FB -
LWR - Josh Gordon | Torrey Smith | Aaron Burbridge | Chris Harper
RWR - Donte Moncrief | DeAndre Smelter | Eric Rogers | Rashad Ross
SWR - Jeremy Kerley | Bruce Ellington
TE - Vance McDonald | Jacob Tamme | Garrett Celek | Blake Bell | Je'Ron Hamm
LT - Joe Staley | John Theus
LG - Zane Beadles | Norman Price
C - Daniel Kilgore | Marcus Martin
RG - Joshua Garnett | Andrew Tiller
RT - Trent Brown

LE - Jabaal Sheard | Tank Carradine | Zach Moore
DT - Stacy McGee | Quinton Dial
DT - DeForest Buckner | Ronald Blair | Alex Balducci
RE - Aaron Lynch | Eli Harold
SAM - Melvin Ingram | Ahmad Brooks
MIKE - NaVorro Bowman | Perry Riley | Shayne Skov
WIL - Malcolm Smith | Wynton McManis
LCB - Rashard Robinson | Keith Reaser | Prince Charles Iworah
RCB - Trumaine Brock | Dontae Johnson
SCB - Will Redmond | JaCorey Shepherd
FS - Jimmie Ward | Ray Ray Armstrong | Marcus Ball
SS - Jaquiski Tartt | Antoine Bethea | Vinnie Sunseri

K - Nick Rose
P - Bradley Pinion | Brock Miller
LS - Kyle Nelson
KR -
PR -

Last edited by DTMW78 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 am; edited 11 times in total
DTMW78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see from my depth chart I'm gonna go with a 4-3 D which seems likely now with Saleh as DC.
So how do you see our current personnel lining up in this system, in particular where does Armstead fit in?
I suppose he could line up at LDE with Dial and Buckner in the middle and lynch at RDE but I'm not sure that's a good fit for him.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
As you can see from my depth chart I'm gonna go with a 4-3 D which seems likely now with Saleh as DC.
So how do you see our current personnel lining up in this system, in particular where does Armstead fit in?
I suppose he could line up at LDE with Dial and Buckner in the middle and lynch at RDE but I'm not sure that's a good fit for him.

expecting a 4-3 Under scheme, right?

After all my years of wanting a 4-3, they pick now for it, lol...

I really don't like the current personnel for the 4-3. Looks like a mess, tbph.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I will know everything you are planning to do mwahahaha. I don't have to post one of these in the Colts forum because they don't have any traffic there Laughing

Also, trade me Staley

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
DTMW78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:

So what blow it all up and start again or would we be better off staying in the 3-4?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:

So what blow it all up and start again or would we be better off staying in the 3-4?

Would depend on how flexible this new DC is. The 3-4 just seems the better fit, imho, with the current roster.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll just stick to the 3-4 then.
Will be interesting to see what they do irl though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
I guess I'll just stick to the 3-4 then.
Will be interesting to see what they do irl though.

Totally up to you (of course).. was just saying.. As a coach irl or otherwise.. it's hard for me to look at that roster and arrange it in a feasible 4-3 Under look.

The MLB and WLB can work okay with Bowman and if you can keep Hodges.

You MIGHT be decent enough with Aaron Lynch as your weakside, uncovered DE.

Maybe with Dial, you have a respectable 1-gap NT.

Years ago, I would have given some legitimacy for Brooks as the SLB, but that was then.. He's going on 33, and what's left should be as a rotational rusher.

Then, you have a bunch of 34DEs.

Will be interesting to see what goes on next season... and this offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roster is up and I have to agree with oldie, it doesn't look great in terms of fit.
Lynch and Shanahan are gonna have their work cut out for em this offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided not to tender any of our RFA or ERFA as I'm sure all of them will be available for resigning through free agency later.
Been talking with the patriots about Jimmy G but no luck so far.
If anyone is interested in what he's asking I can let you know via a pm.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some suggestions:

Do anything you can to get Jimmy G as long as it doesn't include just giving away the number 2 pick(even a pick swap would be better).

If the price gets too high for Jimmy G I'd suggest going the route of signing Hoyer/Schaub to take the beatings this year and pick Mahomes in round 2.(possibly even trading down to get an extra 2nd).

If Shanahan is bringing out the ZBS keep Beadles and put him at RG. Put Garnett at LG(though I'd say you can go the other way around too). Let Brown start at RT the other year. If you can keep Kerley I'd do so. If you intend on having Ellington in the slot at least Kerley will be able to handle KR/PR duties to protect Ellington from more injury. If he gets hurt Kerley is a really good Slot WR who will be even better if we get upgrades at WR. Resign Hodges as well.

I would also suggest making runs at any combination of the following Free Agents aside from the QBs mentioned(I am going to split these into tiers):

Make the biggest runs for
WR: Alshon Jeffrey is priority 1 here. He will be cheaper and won't be tagged. This is a player where I would be ok with giving as big a contract as possible to so as to get him to change his mind. I feel he is a chase the money guy. So offering as much as possible will entice him as he is young enough to do that.
DT: Kwann Short would help on the 4-3 Front. I know we also have to find places for Buckner and Armstead but one of those two can be disruptive enough to play end as well. Even if we don't get him just making the effort will show this team is more willing to pay Free Agents and dispell the cheap label we got during the Baalke tenure.
DT: Calais Campbell is old enough where Arizona might let him go just because they are too busy focusing on Jones. It makes Arizona weaker and gives us a chance to groom younger talent for a year or so.
DE: Jason Pierre-Paul or Chandler Jones. Both are 28 so they will still have a few years left in them. It might give us a ton of pass rushers but considering Lynch has shown flashes of greatness but flashes of issues as well it wouldn't hurt to get a full time starting DE. You can never have enough pass rushers in this league. Both are likely to go for a big money deal as they have already won rings. Both would also give the team a veteran leader who has won a championship to help with younger pieces on the line.
CB/S: I don't think we need any Safeties as we are deep there. Trumaine Johnson would be a good "We are serious about winning" player to attempt to sign and give an offer to.

Second Tier(This doesn't mean these players are less important. These guys might have the same impact as the players above but might be easier to get)
WR: Kenny Britt(worth a proove it deal), Josh Gordon(likely to be signed to a low risk deal since he had his best seasons with Shanahan), Cordarrelle Paterson(mostly for his return skills)
DT: Alan Branch(older but great run stuffer, will be a shorter contract to groom a Run stuffing DT), Nick Fairley(likely to be a one year proove it), Dominique Easley(DT that can rush the passer, if we make an early run while everyone is concentrating on higher ranked DTs this could happen).
DE: Charles Johnson/Mario Addison(guys close to or over 30 who can be signed to a short team deal to add depth to the pass rush), Jabaal Sheard(has a ring and would be good for Pass rush depth, decent to average against the run),
ILB: Dont'a Hightower(only on this list because of his injury history, otherwise more of a top priority FA)
CB: Prince Amukumara(worth a shot at CB after this season), Morris Claiborne(Only because of the play this season, of we pick a CB from this list go for Prince first as there is no guarantee he will not revert back to pre-2016 form)

Let us know who other teams cut as well during this process?

Draft
I would suggest either staying put at 2 or trading down for more picks.

If we stay at 2: I am going to assume the Browns aren't dumb here and they pick Garrett. I would look into the following for the draft(in order):
DT: Jonothan Allen(Can be groomed for most of the year then dominate year 2)
DE: Solomon Thomas(same)
WR: Mike Williams(Groom him for a year and then put him in place of Torrey next year)
CB: Marshon Lattimore(If CB is considered big enough of a priority)
RB: Leonard Fournette(merely if we consider the possibility of needing another talented RB. Another weapon for Shananhan at RB isn't the worst thing)

If we trade down for extra picks:
WR: Mike Williams(would still be available most likely)
WR: Corey Davis(Would probably even consider him at 2 if his stock rises)
QB: Patrick Mahomes(I suggested him as a 2nd rounder but he could very well rise to a higher pick based on the lack of depth this year)
WR/RB: Christian McCaffrey
QB: Deshone Kizer(if he is a low pick)
CB: Sidney Jones
DE: Taco Charlton
DT: Malik McDowell

Round 2
Consider the following
QB: Patrick Mahomes(if he doesn't rise to the first round), Watson(if he falls this far)
WR: John Ross
WR: Juju Smith-Schuster
CB: Jalen Tabor(might even be a late 1st with a trade down as mentioned above)
WR: Curtis Samuel
DE: Charles Harris
DE: Dawuane Smoot
DE: Tim Williams

Sorry for the length of this post. Like I said these are suggestions you can consider or critique as you wish.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Do anything you can to get Jimmy G as long as it doesn't include just giving away the number 2 pick(even a pick swap would be better).

If the price gets too high for Jimmy G I'd suggest going the route of signing Hoyer/Schaub to take the beatings this year and pick Mahomes in round 2.(possibly even trading down to get an extra 2nd).

If Shanahan is bringing out the ZBS keep Beadles and put him at RG. Put Garnett at LG(though I'd say you can go the other way around too). Let Brown start at RT the other year. If you can keep Kerley I'd do so. If you intend on having Ellington in the slot at least Kerley will be able to handle KR/PR duties to protect Ellington from more injury. If he gets hurt Kerley is a really good Slot WR who will be even better if we get upgrades at WR. Resign Hodges as well.

I would also suggest making runs at any combination of the following Free Agents aside from the QBs mentioned(I am going to split these into tiers):

WR: Alshon Jeffrey is priority 1 here. He will be cheaper and won't be tagged. This is a player where I would be ok with giving as big a contract as possible to so as to get him to change his mind. I feel he is a chase the money guy. So offering as much as possible will entice him as he is young enough to do that.
DT: Kwann Short would help on the 4-3 Front. I know we also have to find places for Buckner and Armstead but one of those two can be disruptive enough to play end as well. Even if we don't get him just making the effort will show this team is more willing to pay Free Agents and dispell the cheap label we got during the Baalke tenure.
DT: Calais Campbell is old enough where Arizona might let him go just because they are too busy focusing on Jones. It makes Arizona weaker and gives us a chance to groom younger talent for a year or so.
DE: Jason Pierre-Paul or Chandler Jones. Both are 28 so they will still have a few years left in them. It might give us a ton of pass rushers but considering Lynch has shown flashes of greatness but flashes of issues as well it wouldn't hurt to get a full time starting DE. You can never have enough pass rushers in this league. Both are likely to go for a big money deal as they have already won rings. Both would also give the team a veteran leader who has won a championship to help with younger pieces on the line.
CB/S: I don't think we need any Safeties as we are deep there. Trumaine Johnson would be a good "We are serious about winning" player to attempt to sign and give an offer to.

Second Tier(This doesn't mean these players are less important. These guys might have the same impact as the players above but might be easier to get)
WR: Kenny Britt(worth a proove it deal), Josh Gordon(likely to be signed to a low risk deal since he had his best seasons with Shanahan), Cordarrelle Paterson(mostly for his return skills)
DT: Alan Branch(older but great run stuffer, will be a shorter contract to groom a Run stuffing DT), Nick Fairley(likely to be a one year proove it), Dominique Easley(DT that can rush the passer, if we make an early run while everyone is concentrating on higher ranked DTs this could happen).
DE: Charles Johnson/Mario Addison(guys close to or over 30 who can be signed to a short team deal to add depth to the pass rush), Jabaal Sheard(has a ring and would be good for Pass rush depth, decent to average against the run),
ILB: Dont'a Hightower(only on this list because of his injury history, otherwise more of a top priority FA)
CB: Prince Amukumara(worth a shot at CB after this season), Morris Claiborne(Only because of the play this season, of we pick a CB from this list go for Prince first as there is no guarantee he will not revert back to pre-2016 form)

Draft

If we stay at 2: I am going to assume the Browns aren't dumb here and they pick Garrett. I would look into the following for the draft(in order):
WR: Mike Williams(Groom him for a year and then put him in place of Torrey next year)
RB: Leonard Fournette(merely if we consider the possibility of needing another talented RB. Another weapon for Shananhan at RB isn't the worst thing)

QB: Patrick Mahomes(I suggested him as a 2nd rounder but he could very well rise to a higher pick based on the lack of depth this year)

Round 2
Consider the following
QB: Patrick Mahomes(if he doesn't rise to the first round), Watson(if he falls this far)

Sorry for the length of this post. Like I said these are suggestions you can consider or critique as you wish.

I'm fine with all of this except stay away from Prince. He's my free agent get. I took him in the last total control, and I want him again in this one. He's underrated for what he is going to make. Solid corner, seldom penalized. Does get beat, but I'd rather pay him 7 mill than Trumaine Johnson 14.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Draft

Round 2
Consider the following

I'm fine with all of this except stay away from Prince. He's my free agent get. I took him in the last total control, and I want him again in this one. He's underrated for what he is going to make. Solid corner, seldom penalized. Does get beat, but I'd rather pay him 7 mill than Trumaine Johnson 14.

You tipped your hand sir lol.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An additional note on QBs:

If we get Cousins or Jimmy G then wait til mid-late rounds for more QB Depth for backups.

If we go with a stop-gap starter like Hoyer/Taylor/Schaub I would be ok with any of the top QBs in the draft(Trubisky/Mahomes/Kizer/Watson/Webb) as that stop-gap would give them time to get reps in the huddle in practice before throwing the QB in there.

I would probably prefer just going with a non-QB at 2 though.

DTMW78

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Draft

Round 2
Consider the following

Thanks for the response man.
I would imagine the likes of Short , Jones etc will be tagged.
Tried for Cousins, not happening.
Talking trades with N.E about Jimmy G but no luck as of yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: