Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As Bearsfan323 said

After spending last season as a backup QB for the Cowboys ... Mark Sanchez will visit the Bears on Thursday, source says.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/844373732575588352

I don't really see the point.

Because they aren't going with Connor Shaw as our main backup...we need to sign a vet behind Glennon.

Connor Shaw and a rookie

Every single snap that Sanchez would take would be a total waste, the same way that every snap Hoyer took was wasted.

At least give them to a young guy who might develop into something. Sanchez is a guaranteed loss with no upside left.

Shaw or a rookie...both aren't making the roster because we will have a vet behind Glennon...Sanchez may suck but we need someone with some kind of experience on this team.

Why do we need someone with experience?

Glennon has been in the league for 4 years has multiple starts. Do we really need Sanchez to mentor him? Do we really want Sanchez mentoring a rookie?

We need Sanchez so we don't end up with another Matt Barkley...it's easy to say Sanchez sucks but the truth of the matter is there simply aren't many guys who can play QB in the NFL...72 starts in the NFL is an important factor and we should be looking for that kind of experience in our backup...even if they do draft a QB we don't want him seeing the field next season.

All things considered, Barkley was not a bad backup...

Yeah haha
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As Bearsfan323 said

After spending last season as a backup QB for the Cowboys ... Mark Sanchez will visit the Bears on Thursday, source says.

Because they aren't going with Connor Shaw as our main backup...we need to sign a vet behind Glennon.

Connor Shaw and a rookie

Every single snap that Sanchez would take would be a total waste, the same way that every snap Hoyer took was wasted.

At least give them to a young guy who might develop into something. Sanchez is a guaranteed loss with no upside left.

Shaw or a rookie...both aren't making the roster because we will have a vet behind Glennon...Sanchez may suck but we need someone with some kind of experience on this team.

Glennon has been in the league for 4 years has multiple starts. Do we really need Sanchez to mentor him? Do we really want Sanchez mentoring a rookie?

We need Sanchez so we don't end up with another Matt Barkley...it's easy to say Sanchez sucks but the truth of the matter is there simply aren't many guys who can play QB in the NFL...72 starts in the NFL is an important factor and we should be looking for that kind of experience in our backup...even if they do draft a QB we don't want him seeing the field next season.

Yeah his 15 turnovers or whatever it was in the last 3 games isn't bad
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As Bearsfan323 said

Connor Shaw and a rookie

At least with Barkley the offensive gameplan wasn't completely crippled like it was under Hoyer. Sure remember the last 3 games which weren't very good, but some people (I was not one of them) were seriously considering him as a potential starter for the other 4 games he played last year. He had his down games, obviously, but he's a backup. He's not going to be a player you are in a good situation to win with regardless. In the games where the rest of the team played well, he didn't lose it for them which is about what you want from a backup QB.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As Bearsfan323 said

Connor Shaw and a rookie

At least with Barkley the offensive gameplan wasn't completely crippled like it was under Hoyer. Sure remember the last 3 games which weren't very good, but some people (I was not one of them) were seriously considering him as a potential starter for the other 4 games he played last year. He had his down games, obviously, but he's a backup. He's not going to be a player you are in a good situation to win with regardless. In the games where the rest of the team played well, he didn't lose it for them which is about what you want from a backup QB.

I saw enough flashes to think he could play... and I definitely put on the blind homer hat to make the final leg of the season more fun for myself.

He needs to tone down the deep shots and focus on improving his mobility in the pocket. He'll never have a rocket arm, but it's good enough. Solid backup IMO.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all along Pace's plan A was Jimmy Garoppolo, after that his plan B was a stop gap to bridge until the 2018 class of QB's, which is what were seeing in the works right now with Glennon. I don't think we see a QB in the first 3 rounds for the Bears in 17' (unless one of the top 4 is at #36), I may be the minority on that but it's what I think is going to happen.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I think all along Pace's plan A was Jimmy Garoppolo, after that his plan B was a stop gap to bridge until the 2018 class of QB's, which is what were seeing in the works right now with Glennon. I don't think we see a QB in the first 3 rounds for the Bears in 17' (unless one of the top 4 is at #36), I may be the minority on that but it's what I think is going to happen.

Can you guarantee that the 2018 class is better? Most are juniors and may not declare.

Can you guarantee the Bears are in a position to pick one?
G08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

How can Ryan Pace say he's looking for a leader at the QB position, a guy that lifted his collegiate program, and then pass on Deshaun Watson?

It doesn't make any sense unless he's a liar.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

How can Ryan Pace say he's looking for a leader at the QB position, a guy that lifted his collegiate program, and then pass on Deshaun Watson?

Why would he say it an announce his intentions/love of Watson?

Generally if you are interested in a QB you shut up about it and hope no one else takes him.
gah112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Pace mentioned that as one criterion. I'm sure he's looking at other things and may not like Watson for other reasons.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

In hindsight, no NFL teams were willing to pay a ransom of draft picks for a guy who a cap-healthy team can break the bank on next year anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77
Page 77 of 77

Jump to: