Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7791
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
What would you guys think of trading for Malcom butler for say, pick 36? You'd have to pay him, but you get the proven CB you're hoping to land at 36 anyways. Seems like he's discontent in NE and we know how Bill handles that stuff


I wouldn't do it. Butler is a solid player but I've never thought he was anything special. Bears could have just signed Gilmore or Bouye for the same money and without giving up a draft pick and both are better than Butler IMO.

It's kind of a red flag that the Pats passed over the opportunity to extend one of their own in Butler and went out and signed Gilmore instead, don't ya think?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rod


Joined: 19 Apr 2014
Posts: 152
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 17980
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the Bears are showing interest in TE Jared Cook. I think I'd rather draft one in the 2nd or 3rd over him.
_________________
👮


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wiscbearsfan


Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 6571
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Just read the Bears are showing interest in TE Jared Cook. I think I'd rather draft one in the 2nd or 3rd over him.


I really want them to draft a TE too but the only have so many picks in that range and I wouldn't mind DB and QB there either depending on how things break.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cook here at all.
_________________
Quote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.........he is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5603
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine them signing Cook AND drafting a TE. They already resigned Daniel Brown, Zach Miller, Dion Sims. I'd be surprised if they even kept 4.
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Can't imagine them signing Cook AND drafting a TE. They already resigned Daniel Brown, Zach Miller, Dion Sims. I'd be surprised if they even kept 4.


There's a free agency angle I haven't considered before.

Instead of making a few big splash signings, we are making sure that we have true competition at a bunch of positions.

Going into camp, there will be some tough cuts, even if we need to dump some cash to do it. How long has it been since there were multiple real position battles for the Bears? Maybe the answer is, too long.
_________________
2016 Adopt-a-Bear
Alshon Jeffery

2013 Bears Forum Pick'em Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago

To fill expected void, Chiefs and former Eagles DT Bennie Logan reach agreement on 1-year deal, per source. Looks like Dontari Poe moves on.
_________________
2016 Adopt-a-Bear
Alshon Jeffery

2013 Bears Forum Pick'em Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4632
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
@AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago

To fill expected void, Chiefs and former Eagles DT Bennie Logan reach agreement on 1-year deal, per source. Looks like Dontari Poe moves on.


Yes Please.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25936
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veteran free agent DL Vance Walker made visit to Bears recently. Broncos have some interest in him returning. ACL recovery crucial.
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/841393876837552133
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3285
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
@AdamSchefter 13m13 minutes ago

To fill expected void, Chiefs and former Eagles DT Bennie Logan reach agreement on 1-year deal, per source. Looks like Dontari Poe moves on.


Yes Please.


Same. He shouldn't have a massive deal and at worst is a hell of a run stuffer.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8297
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Just read the Bears are showing interest in TE Jared Cook. I think I'd rather draft one in the 2nd or 3rd over him.

Depends on what they want. It's true that draft has some good right ends, but they're all very different types of players.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8297
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
What would you guys think of trading for Malcom butler for say, pick 36? You'd have to pay him, but you get the proven CB you're hoping to land at 36 anyways. Seems like he's discontent in NE and we know how Bill handles that stuff

Given how often Pace has mentioned building through the draft, I doubt he'd make that move.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are the Bears basically done in FA?

Can anybody provide a cap update?
_________________
2016 Adopt-a-Bear
Alshon Jeffery

2013 Bears Forum Pick'em Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6898
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
So are the Bears basically done in FA?

Can anybody provide a cap update?


I would say for the time being we are done, unless another Josh Sitt-uati-on happens in the near future.

Cap update:

Team Salary Cap: $175,650,190

Team Cap Space: $25,888,565
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16521
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
So are the Bears basically done in FA?

Can anybody provide a cap update?


I would say for the time being we are done, unless another Josh Sitt-uati-on happens in the near future.

Cap update:

Team Salary Cap: $175,650,190

Team Cap Space: $25,888,565


35 million when Royal and Houston come off the books.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 74 of 77

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group