You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Offseason Moves
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Bears Offseason Moves Reply with quote

Cuts/Not Re-signed

WR Eddie Royal [When passes physical]
QB Brian Hoyer [SF] 2 years
QB Matt Barkley [SF]
QB Jay Cutler []
TE Logan Paulson [SF]
DE Cornelius Washington [Det] 2 years 6 million
WR Alshon Jeffery [Phi] 1 year 14 million
CB Tracy Porter
DT Will Sutton
WR Wddie Royal
FB Paul Lasike
C Cornelius Edison

Re-signings

TE Daniel Brown 1 year deal
CB Bryce Callahan 1 year deal
WR Josh Bellamy 1 year deal
OG Eric Kush 2 year deal 2.7 million
K Conner Barth 1 year 1.1 million
CB Jonathan Banks 1 year
LB Christian Jones 1 year
LB Sam Acho 1 year
S Chris Prosinski
DE C.J Wilson
WR Deonte Thompson


Trades


Free Agents


QB Mike Glennon [Tampa Bay] 3 years 45 million/19 guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/mikeglennon/2539275/profile

S Quentin Demps [Houston] 3 years 13.5 million/5 guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/quintindemps/1974/profile

TE Dion Sims [Miami] 3 years 18 million/10 guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/dionsims/2540200/profile

WR Markus Wheaton [Pittsburgh] 2 years 11 million/6 guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/markuswheaton/2539291/profile

Prince Amukamara [Jacksonville] 1 year 7 million guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/princeamukamara/2495108/profile

CB Marcus Cooper [Arizona] 3 years 16 million/8 guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/marcuscooper/2541202/profile​

WR Kendall Wright [Tennessee] 1 year 4 million guaranteed



http://www.nfl.com/player/kendallwright/2532977/profile

OT Tom Compton [Atlanta] 1 year



http://www.nfl.com/player/tomcompton/2532816/profile

NT John Jenkins [Seattle] 1 year



http://www.nfl.com/player/johnjenkins/2539231/profile

QB Mark Sanchez [Dallas] 1 year



http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile

RB Benny Cunningham [LA Rams] 1 year deal



http://www.nfl.com/player/bennycunningham/2541544/profile

CB B. W Webb [New Orleans] 1 year deal



http://www.nfl.com/player/b.w.webb/2539338/profile


Draft

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 1[3], 3[67], 4[111], and 3[2018] to the San Francisco 49ers for 1[2]

1[2] QB Mitch Trubisky [UNC] 6'2" 222lbs, 4.67 [40], 27.5" vert, 9'8" broad, 6.87 [3 cone], 4.25 [shuttle]



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mitch-trubisky?id=2558008​

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[36] and 7[220] to the Arizona Cardinals for 2[45], 4[118], 6[167], and 4[2018]

2[45] TE Adam Shaheen [Ashland] 6'6" 277lbs, 4.79 [40], 24 reps, 32.5" vert, 10'1" broad, 7.09 [3 cone], 4.38 [shuttle]



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/adam-shaheen?id=2558144

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 4[117] and 6[167] to the Los Angeles Rams for 4[112]

4[112] S Eddie Jackson [Alabama] 6' 201lbs, 10 reps



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/eddie-jackson?id=2558176

4[119] RB Tarik Cohen [NC A&T] 5'6" 179lbs, 4.42 [40], 11 reps, 31.5" vert, 9'10" broad



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/tarik-cohen?id=2558250

5[147] OG Jordan Morgan [Kutztown] 6'3" 309lbs, 34.5" arms, 5.36 [40], 21 reps, 27" vert



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jordan-morgan?id=2558190
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic


Last edited by WindyCity on Sat May 13, 2017 12:56 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 17075
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the Kush resigning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3309
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
like the Kush resigning.


Agreed. He's better than a host of starters we have had over the last 5+ years.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can back up all three interior positions... although I think it will be LG/RG with Grasu backing up C.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bearsfancro


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 53
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Can back up all three interior positions... although I think it will be LG/RG with Grasu backing up C.

Those 3 positions are set now, and I think that was the best first news from the Bears this offseason... 5 players for 3 positions, and 2 of them can play 2 positions (Cody and Kush)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearsfancro wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can back up all three interior positions... although I think it will be LG/RG with Grasu backing up C.

Those 3 positions are set now, and I think that was the best first news from the Bears this offseason... 5 players for 3 positions, and 2 of them can play 2 positions (Cody and Kush)...


Yup, now we need a swing tackle and I'm good with the line.

I'm wondering with how deep this draft is at CB/S, are we going to just avoid going after a CB/S in FA? Maybe throw the coin at Alshon and a 5T?
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Bearsfancro wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can back up all three interior positions... although I think it will be LG/RG with Grasu backing up C.

Those 3 positions are set now, and I think that was the best first news from the Bears this offseason... 5 players for 3 positions, and 2 of them can play 2 positions (Cody and Kush)...


Yup, now we need a swing tackle and I'm good with the line.

I'm wondering with how deep this draft is at CB/S, are we going to just avoid going after a CB/S in FA? Maybe throw the coin at Alshon and a 5T?


There are a number of intriguing DL options in free agency. You could argue that the market is deeper and may offer more value.

AJ Bouye at 13 million or Brandon Williams at 9.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
Bearsfancro wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can back up all three interior positions... although I think it will be LG/RG with Grasu backing up C.

Those 3 positions are set now, and I think that was the best first news from the Bears this offseason... 5 players for 3 positions, and 2 of them can play 2 positions (Cody and Kush)...


Yup, now we need a swing tackle and I'm good with the line.

I'm wondering with how deep this draft is at CB/S, are we going to just avoid going after a CB/S in FA? Maybe throw the coin at Alshon and a 5T?


There are a number of intriguing DL options in free agency. You could argue that the market is deeper and may offer more value.

AJ Bouye at 13 million or Brandon Williams at 9.


Just reading around, NFL executives/scouts are saying you can find starting-level talent at corner and safety through round 3.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with Royal release.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 17075
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-rostermoves/Bears-re-sign-Brown-tender-2-others/be9d800a-5d6c-44fc-9cc2-2404d7f5a783

Quote:
The Bears on Monday re-signed one exclusive rights free agent, tight end Daniel Brown, to a one-year contract and tendered two others, receiver Joshua Bellamy and defensive back Bryce Callahan.


Glad to see Brown and Callahan are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1813
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Updated with Royal release.


Is this official? i haven't seen anything on it yet
_________________
Madmike90 wrote:
Hurting after today tho is Denzel Washington...5-10 1/2" is a concern...Chris Borland helps him but the 1st round is out of reach now if it wasn't already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 18010
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Updated with Royal release.


Is this official? i haven't seen anything on it yet


It is not. He's gotta do a physical before they can officially release him. I'll update the op.
_________________
👮


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heimdallr


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 10525
Location: Himinbjörg
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to put together a list of everyone all the NFCN teams have lost and added. Would someone mind popping over and giving me the rundown on what the Bears have been doing?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21387862#21387862
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1813
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I'm trying to put together a list of everyone all the NFCN teams have lost and added. Would someone mind popping over and giving me the rundown on what the Bears have been doing?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21387862#21387862


It's literally at the top of the page dude
_________________
Madmike90 wrote:
Hurting after today tho is Denzel Washington...5-10 1/2" is a concern...Chris Borland helps him but the 1st round is out of reach now if it wasn't already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Jonathan Banks resigning.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group