You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Free Agent Signings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Potential Free Agent Signings Reply with quote

Bills website posted a good article on guys who are potential fits for us as we head into Free Agency.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/6-potential-free-agent-fits-for-the-Bills/a17725ee-ebf4-4b2d-bdfe-d79191f41f33

Quote:
The short version:

1. Marcus Cooper, CB, Arizona Cardinals
2. Sean Spence, LB, Tennessee Titans
3. Ricky Wagner, RT, Baltimore Ravens
4. Landry Jones, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
5. TJ McDonald, S, L.A. Rams
6. Kenny Britt, WR, L.A. Rams

Ricky Wagner is my personal top choice to come here. Fits a big hole and completes our O-Line.

Who are some other realistic options?

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Wagner Pray

Case Keenum seems like a realistic option as a backup. Has the starting experience I like and worked under Dennison in Houston.

In no particular order, other realistic guys I like:

WR Jeremy Kerley
WR Kendall Wright
RB Matt Asiata
DE Mario Addison
DE Jack Crawford
DT Sealver Siliga
DT Bennie Logan
SLB AJ Klein
WLB Gerald Hodges
CB Prince Amukamara
FS Bradley McDougald

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I would love Wagner Pray

Case Keenum seems like a realistic option as a backup. Has the starting experience I like and worked under Dennison in Houston.

WR Jeremy Kerley
WR Kendall Wright
RB Matt Asiata
DE Mario Addison
DE Jack Crawford
DT Sealver Siliga
DT Bennie Logan
SLB AJ Klein
WLB Gerald Hodges
CB Prince Amukamara
FS Bradley McDougald

Klein and Addison are hot names as they are connected to McDermott. Both are great fits for what we need too, especially Klein. I hope we can manage to sign one of them.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
I would love Wagner Pray

WR Jeremy Kerley
WR Kendall Wright
RB Matt Asiata
DE Mario Addison
DE Jack Crawford
DT Sealver Siliga
DT Bennie Logan
SLB AJ Klein
WLB Gerald Hodges
CB Prince Amukamara
FS Bradley McDougald

Klein and Addison are hot names as they are connected to McDermott. Both are great fits for what we need too, especially Klein. I hope we can manage to sign one of them.

In my perfect world we would keep Tyrod, Zach Brown, Justin Hunter and Douzable and then sign Klein, McDougald, Wright, Amukamara and Asiata. Thats a lot of names in free agency but only Klein and McDougald would demand higher prices and are both coming into their prime.

That would allow us in the draft to really just go best player available IMO. Could always try and trade back too which might add a 2nd or 3rd round to our arsenal.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure why we would want or need a rb we have a fairly good corps with Shady Gillislee and Jonathan Williams im sure they will draft one late or UDFA.

As for someone who hasnt been mentioned Kenny Stills WR Miami would be a good addition to add opposite to Sammy depending on his price tag.

Im all for Wagner RT Baltimore and Tony Jefferson SS Arizona too

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wagner would be a great addition.

HELL no to any and all QB options. Keep Tyrod and Cardale and roll the dice on a rookie if need be. No more old crappy back-ups. Enough is enough.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I am not sure why we would want or need a rb we have a fairly good corps with Shady Gillislee and Jonathan Williams im sure they will draft one late or UDFA.

As for someone who hasnt been mentioned Kenny Stills WR Miami would be a good addition to add opposite to Sammy depending on his price tag.

Im all for Wagner RT Baltimore and Tony Jefferson SS Arizona too

It wouldn't surprise me to see some team offer Gillislee as a big contract and give up a 2nd or whatever tender we put on him. 26 year old RB's with his skill set don't come available too often so its possible.

I also don't have any confidence in J. Williams as a number 2 (fumbles and taken down by first contact too often) which is where he would be if Gilislee left or McCoy got hurt.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB depth is important, our guys are injury prone, given the way we're constructed having a deep stable is something we need if we want to win.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I was not impressed with Johnathan Williams. Not saying we should just give up on him but with how deep this RB class is, I think a late round back could be a gem. I'd rather draft one than sign one.

If Gillislee ends up going elsewhere I'd love to roll the dice on Joe Mixon (assuming we'd gain a pick from Gillislee). That dude is a 1st round talent who will slip because of his off the field issue. However, if we don't address some of the other needs via FA we have no business going RB in the first 3 rounds.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if someone signs gilislee and the bills were smart to place a 2nd rd tender on him then im all for drafting a rb early but i am not a fan of paying a vet rb. Someone signs gilislee and the top targets are off the board at 10 taking dalvin cook would be a solid move. He will be sharing with shady and the future, shady is 30 years old and his contract is only for a few more years on top of it being expensive too. Cook would be a solid addition but paying asiata who has had issues holding on to the ball like you said about jonathan williams.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams was cut, he has yet to sell his house in Buffalo. Wondering if he would be a good rotational guy for the right price?

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Well if someone signs gilislee and the bills were smart to place a 2nd rd tender on him then im all for drafting a rb early but i am not a fan of paying a vet rb. Someone signs gilislee and the top targets are off the board at 10 taking dalvin cook would be a solid move. He will be sharing with shady and the future, shady is 30 years old and his contract is only for a few more years on top of it being expensive too. Cook would be a solid addition but paying asiata who has had issues holding on to the ball like you said about jonathan williams.
Another first round pick on a running back? I'd prefer pretty much anything else. I understand you're thinking but we cannot take RB over one of the other many areas we are going to be in need of. S, RT, CB, DE and WR are all way more important than a RB for use a couple years (or even a year) down the road.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Mario Williams was cut, he has yet to sell his house in Buffalo. Wondering if he would be a good rotational guy for the right price?

His house is technically being sold (those things take a while especially with how much money is involved). I work for a company involved in the sale.

As for signing Mario, sure. We need DE depth. If he's willing (which I doubt) to come back on a 1 year deal I wouldn't be against it.

As for RB situation... yea I'm not at all on board with taking a guy with our first pick. I love Cook and Fournette but we need starters in other areas. When it comes time to replace Shady we can draft one then. I think it's too early to be addressing his replacement given our other needs.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the rational behind Cook but I could literally see a riot happening if we went RB at 10.

Mario Williams coming back here would be hilarious. With Rex gone it would take away the awkwardness depending on how things went down with Whaley, but I still can't see it happening.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario started having effort issues with us and it continued in Miami, even though that was a system he was comfortable in. If we have one guy out there not giving it his all, the rest of the team kind of gets the wrong idea. I think that's part of what killed us the past 2 years.

Plus, he trashed Buffalo through the media last year. Screw him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: