Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TCMD Patriots War-Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROUND ONE OF FREE AGENCY RESULTS

In Total Control, you are limited to three bids of free agents and you can re-sign one free agent, and that is per round. This team I've constructed so far is set pretty well at every position now. But I figured I should make the most out of our surplus of cap space.
I signed C J.C. Tretter, DT Bennie Logan, WR Terrance Williams, and resigned DT Alan Branch.

JC Tretter, Center from Green Bay
Tretter has played 1,001 snaps over various games in his career , so he's fresh enough to man the anchor at Center on my offensive line. He played there extremely well for Green Bay. In fact, he can play every OL position. He's been used at left tackle, guard, and center. He played effectively everywhere, but he will be my upgrade over the blue-collar David Andrews.

Bennie Logan, DT from Philadelphia
Logan is a man-beast. He's been a prominent defensive force for Philly next to Fletcher Cox, and will be apart of one of the best defensive line rotations in the league! In 2015, Logan was ranked by Pro Football Focus as the NFLs second-best run-stopping interior defensive lineman. This past 2016 season, he was a key cog in the 2nd ranked front seven in the league.

Terrance Williams, WR from Dallas
Williams has great speed and is a terrific route runner. His hands are a bit worrisome to critics, but I think it's overblown. My depth at receiver is crazy right now so this was more of a splurge signing due to my cap and I let Marty B walk. I'll be running more 3 receiver formations, so depth is needed.. but Williams is a major threat and another weapon for TB12. Oh yeah, and he is not afraid to throw out some blocks!

Alan Branch, re-signed
Branch was the best interior DL for us last season and has flashed almost every play, stopping everything in sight at the line. He's 32, and will not be 33 until December. I think he has another good season in him as a starting DT. Branch has a good hustle and devoted work ethic. He was worth every penny.

Yrs. | APY | SIGNING BONUS
1- $5,350,800- $1,750,000 NE Alan Branch - 43DT
2- $9,450,400- $7,000,000 PHI Bennie Logan - 43DT
3- $8,635,350- $5,500,500 GB JC Tretter - C
3- $6,535,667- $2,000,000 DAL Terrance Williams - WR

Biggest Stories of Round One
There were some crazy contracts handed out. I will let the numbers speak for themselves.

Chandler Jones got a 7 year contract from Miami, with an APY of $17,590,714 Embarassed

LeGarrette Blount got a 3 year contract from Minnesota, with an APY of $6,250,000 Embarassed

LeVeon Bell surprisingly hit FA and was stolen by Oakland with a 6 year deal, with an APY of $12,958,333 Embarassed

Duron Harmon went to Tampa for 5 years for $5,198,048 per year.
Prince Amukamara got a 5 year deal from Tennessee for $9,200,000 per year. Embarassed

DeSean Jackson will stay in D.C. for another 3 years @ $8,833,333 per year. Embarassed

Trumaine Johnson will get paid by the Rams for 6 years with an APY of $13,000,000 Embarassed

Larry Warford also got a check from the Rams, for 4 years he will get $9,500,000 per year Embarassed

Stephon Gilmore was franchise tagged AFTER the deadline, thus he hit FA. Jacksonville gave him a very lucrative deal. He will make $15,400,000 per year for 5 years. Did I mention he got a $38M signing bonus? Embarassed

Calais Campbell got a ONE YEAR DEAL FOR $20 MILLION from Detroit.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Cleveland attempted to buy a super team in Round One, stealing Martellus Bennett for an APY of $7,333,333 for 3 seasons. They got Tony Romo on a disgusting ONE year deal.... $24,200,000. Terrelle Pryor also got $8,166,667 for 6 years. Embarassed
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that is a crazy wild FA round

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize many of you may not be following along as of now because I strayed away from the realism aspect in the fact that I have spent a majority of money in round one, I sit at $15M in cap space which blows my mind. In an attempt to move that cap up, I will release Danny Amendola. Danny Amendola is the legitimate definition of clutch. He didn't live up to our expectations of replacing Welker, but he damn sure has shown some toughness and reliability. It's difficult to cut him lose, but he would've been too far behind on my depth chart. He's already behind Jules, T-Will, Hogan, and Mitchell. Thanks for everything, Danny!

Alright, so after securing all my targets in round one of free agency, pretty sure I'll hold off on any other signings until after the draft. I did, however, put in a few waiver claims on players.

CB Jumal Rolle from Houston
LT De'Ondre Wesley from Baltimore
C T.J. Johnson from Cincinnati

I'll post more on these guys if I land them after this time tomorrow.
I also have made another roster move. Some may not like it.

TRADE!

Rams Trade

0313 Bryce Hager ILB
5th Round Pick(Pick 150)

Patriots Trade

0613 David Andrews C

Bryce Hager
Hager is a special teams player that's developing really well on that unit, and is projected to carry that over to defense soon. He lacks real athleticism but I like his quickness and instincts. He has played in all 32 games possible during his career.

The fifth round pick is just more gravy for my mashed potatoes.

David Andrews
Losing Andrews sucks because he was so dominant as a rookie, and solid for a majority of last season. I saw an upgrade at center in JC Tretter, so I took it. He was going to be solid depth, but I have a plethora of picks to hit on depth.

I now own the following draft picks:

1-32
2-36
2-64
5-150
5-163
5-183
6-215
7-225
7-232
7-253

The Total Control Mock Draft will take place on Tuesday, March 7th @ 10 AM EST. I have the luxury of going BPA, as I only see tight end and LB as holes. Possibly CB and S. I may move on from the 2 TE looks, and go more 3 wide with the recent addition of T-Williams. Gronkowski, albeit is a future HOF'er, has proven that he can't be counted reliable to be healthy. Depending on having two TE's hurts when an injury occurs, as we seen last year. When Lengel touched the field, it was mostly as an in-line blocker. Having Gronkowski as the lone tight end will let us expand the route tree that Josh McDaniels has. It really depends on how the draft plays out to be honest though.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by justin_perkins on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BowserBroncos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
Wow, can't believe Washington didn't match my offer! I made a bid on restricted free agent LB Will Compton. LB Will Compton is one of the most underrated defensive players in the league over the past two seasons, with over 200 total tackles since 2015 and being voted as a team captain this year speaks volumes on his growth and potential. Excited to have him in New England!

Hau'oli Kikaha, Will Compton, and Dont'a Hightower are pretty saucy. Van Noy, McClellin, and Roberts provide good depth. I am still planning to upgrade this position though.

Justin, I believe it was the Bears who won Compton
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mistakenly thought I had won a waiver claim I put on LB Will Compton, but it turns out I was actually outbid. Oh well, spilled milk.

The Patriots claim the following players off waivers:
2077 - T.J. Johnson - C
1274 - Jumal Rolle - CB
0638 - De'Ondre Wesley

T.J. Johnson is a player I claimed simply because it is good depth and my backup center competition just got a little more heated Wink same can be said for left tackle De'Ondre Wesley. The most intriguing player to me, is cornerback Jumal Rolle. He has a breakout season in 2014, but was buried behind J. Joseph, Kareem Jackson, and an upcoming A.J. Bouye. He tore his achilles in 2016, so it's been two seasons since he's really got some field time apart from Special Teams, where he is pretty good.

On to free agency...

I skipped round 2 in all, because we don't need any thing honestly. Any signing besides depth is just splurging at this point. But I turned to depth in round 3, where I made three bids.. including winning two from in-division rivals Twisted Evil

Jerome Felton, FB from Buffalo
Felton is one of the most consistent fullbacks, and I would say he is definitely in the talk for top 5-10 best in the league. If Develin ends up coming back(his APY required is $5.1M Embarassed I don't wanna cough that $$$ up quite yet), our fullback position will probably be the best in the league through the summer Laughing Laughing

Josh Martin, LB from New York
Bill Belichick has gone out of his way to praise the play of young LB Josh Martin in the past, and I need LB depth. Perfect match. Martin fits best at outside linebacker in my 4-3, but he will be mostly counted on for special teams at this point.

I also missed on more LB depth, in Alex Okafor from Arizona. I was outbid by about $300K.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 3 of free agency, my theme continues to be depth right now. I have draft picks to add top talent, I need to work on adding to my 90-man roster.

Quote:
The Patriots get Gronk insurance in Toilolo and a new backup/potential heir for Brady in Landry Jones. Interestingly, both these players come from teams they beat in the last two games of the season. #PoachingYourRivals #DefendingChamps #LookingToTheFuture

Levine Toilolo, TE from Atlanta
Toilolo is good insurance to have on the team throughout the preseason at the least. He is still only 25 years old, and still has potential to be a TE #2.

Landry Jones, QB from Pittsburgh
Jones has improved remarkably since he first entered the league. He will provide a good competition with Jacoby Brissett.

Damontre Moore, DE from Seattle
Moore has bounced around the league, but he's worth taking a shot on to see what he can do on our defense.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 5 of free agency continues the theme of depth. It seems no one else has interest in this, so I'm not gonna glamour it up anymore.

Geno Smith, QB from NYJ
Brady, Brissett, Jones, Smith. Not bad backup competition, maybe Belichick can groom one of these guys.

Steven Johnson, LB from Steelers
More inside LB depth. Johnson is a decent player.

Brandon Bolden, RB re-signed
Special teams is his forte, but he's good depth to have as well.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiet few days as I skipped out on round 6.

Round 7, I focused once again on filling out depth on my roster.

Taveze Calhoun, CB from Saints
Young guy, could develop. Insurance through the summer.

Nick Becton, OT from Bears
Been in the league a few seasons but never performed, worth a flier

OUTBID
My first time being outbid since the mock started. I bid on Ryan Clady for a hair under $6M in a one-year deal because, why the hell not? Cleveland outbid me by $25,000. Spilled milk.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-32 - Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
2-36 - Raekwon McMillan, LB, OSU
2-64 - Tarrell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
3-103 - Adam Bisnowaty, OT, Pitt
5-157 - Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech
5-163 - Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo
5-183 - Devine Redding, RB, Indiana
6-215 - Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State
7-225 - Marcus Cox, RB, Appalachian State
7-227 - Brooks Ellis, LB, Arkansas
7-231 - Ralph Green III, DT, Indiana
7-232 - Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon
7-253 - Dwyane Thomas, CB, LSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: