Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TCMD Patriots War-Room
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: TCMD Patriots War-Room Reply with quote

To summarize...
FFMD's last wheel on the shopping cart of mocks finally gave out, it appears. Total Control is about to run their second mock of the season and I am really amped up. Mock time to me is like what spring break is to kids in Panama City Beach. I have control of the New England Patriots. For those unaware, Total Control takes place on here but use a large portion of the mock on or with Google Docs. It does not take much time to get used to.
I plan to run TCMD individually, but will be keeping track of my moves in this sub-forum as suggested. Any input, advice, feedback, grief, etc is welcomed Wink

INFO: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=585802&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

KEY:
Tendered/Re-Signed
Franchised
Trade
Drafted
Free Agency/Waivers

Roster

Offense
QB: Tom Brady, Jacoby Brissett, Landry Jones
RB: T.J. Yeldon, James White, Devine Redding, Marcus Cox, DJ Foster, Tyler Gaffney
FB: James Develin, Jerome Felton, Glenn Gronkowski
WR: Julian Edelman, Malcolm Mitchell, Trent Taylor, Devin Lucien
WR: Terrance Williams, Chris Hogan, Matt Slater
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Michael Roberts, Matt Lengel, Levine Toilolo, Rob Housler
LT: Nate Solder, LaAdrian Waddle, De'Ondre Wesley
LG: Joe Thuney, Chris Barker, Hugh Thornton, Jamil Douglas
C: JC Tretter, Ted Karras, T.J. Johnson
RG: Shaq Mason, Landon Turner, Chase Farris
RT: Marcus Cannon, Adam Bisnowaty, Nick Becton

Defense
LE: Jonathan Bullard, Rob Ninkovich, Avery Moss, Geneo Grissom
DT: Malcolm Brown, Alan Branch, Vince Valentine
DT: Bennie Logan, Woodworth Hamilton, Ufomba Kamalu, Darius Kilgo
RE: Trey Flowers, Tarrell Basham, Damontre Moore
SLB: Hau'oli Kikaha, Shea McClellin, Josh Martin, Brooks Ellis
MLB: Raekwon McMillan, Elandon Roberts, Bryce Hager
WLB: Donta Hightower, Kyle Van Noy, Jonathan Freeny
CB: Malcolm Butler, Teez Tabor, Justin Coleman, Jonathan Jones
CB: Eric Rowe, Cyrus Jones, Jumal Rolle, Taveze Calhoun
FS: Devin McCourty, Nate Ebner, Brandon King
SS: Pat Chung, Jordan Richards

Special Teams
K: Stephen Gostkowski
P: Ryan Allen
LS: Joe Cardona
KR: Cyrus Jones
PR: Danny Amendola

Draft Picks
1-32 Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
2-36 Raekwon McMillan, LB, OSU
2-64 Tarrell Basham, EDGE, Ohio
3-103 Adam Bisnowaty, OT, Pitt
5-157 Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech
5-163 Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo
5-183 Devine Redding, RB, Indiana
6-215 Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State
7-225 Marcus Cox, RB, Appalachian State
7-227 Brooks Ellis, LB, Arkansas
7-231 Ralph Green III - DT, Indiana
7-232 Pharaoh Brown - TE, Oregon
7-253 Dwyane Thomas, CB, LSU

Trades

Quote:
New England receives:

0928 - Hau'oli Kikaha - 43OLB
1445 - Landon Turner - RG
7th round pick (#232)
2018 7th round pick

for

New Orleans receives:

2187 - Tre Jackson - OG
0736 - Dion Lewis - RB

Quote:
New England receives:

2149 - TJ Yeldon - RB
7th Round (#225)

for

Jacksonville receives:
4th Round (#130)

Quote:
New England receives:
2258 - Ufomba Kamalu - 34DE

for

Houston receives:
1991 - Sebastian Vollmer - RT

Quote:
New England receives:
1190 - Jonathan Bullard - 34DE
2nd round pick(#36)

for

Chicago receives:
1119 - Jimmy Garoppolo - QB
3rd round pick (#96)

Quote:
New England receives:
0313 - Bryce Hager - ILB
5th round pick (#150)

for

0613 - David Andrews - C

Quote:
New England receives:
Picks #157, #227 and #231

Philadelphia receives:

Last edited by justin_perkins on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 am; edited 28 times in total
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to throw in my input, it will help me get over the loss of FFMD

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I'd be happy to throw in my input, it will help me get over the loss of FFMD

I'd be glad to hear it! Cool

And I know, kind of weird it couldn't get filled considering this and BDP's mock got filled Mich quicker.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interest in FFMD was waning, even last year I had to be asked by the overseeing mod team to be the GM for the Pats again. It is a huge undertaking for a long period of time, but at the same time a ton of fun.

Sigs-Taking Requests
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Interest in FFMD was waning, even last year I had to be asked by the overseeing mod team to be the GM for the Pats again. It is a huge undertaking for a long period of time, but at the same time a ton of fun.

Strictly, my opinion but I agree with you that it is a "huge undertaking for a long period of time" to the point it has become a choir rather than enjoyment.

Like Justin was saying, that it doesn't take a lot of time to get used to this mock, as I've spent a lot of time preparing for it each year.

The structure for free agency has its good and bad, the bad is that you aren't given the luxury to bid on as many players as you want, like the shark tank, but truthfully the shark tank design is too labor intensive anyway.

The good is that you aren't restricted on who you bid on during the free agency, talent or no talent they're all available to you to bid on.

The results of each round of bidding is given out much faster, because there aren't "agents" or the need to sales pitch an offer, its highest bid wins (with some tweaks on the backside based on contract length, APY and Bonus money being offered). By providing less wait times to see where players land, it allows for better game planning for each round.

For what its worth I hope you guys enjoy it.

justin_perkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Started
Today was the first official day to re-sign restricted free agents and what not. These are the moves I made, I think they all make sense.

ERFA resigned
0243 - Brandon King - S
1279 - Justin Coleman - CB
1598 - Matt Lengel - TE

King is phenomenal on special teams and I think he's good a real role on this team and would like to bring him forward. Coleman is young and played well two seasons ago. Last year his play sort of fell off but I'm not gonna give up on him yet. Lengel has shown potential as a #3 TE, no reason not to keep him at least as a body.

RFA
1515 - Malcolm Butler - CB ; ROFR - 1st Round Tender

Malcolm Butler is our best corner, there's no logical reason to not give him a deal. Basically, the first round tender means that if a team attempts to sign Butler, I can accept their offer and I would assume the rights to their first round pick. But I plan to get an extension done with the former Popeye's emoyee-turned Superbowl hero a deal done soon.

Franchise Tag
0761 - Donta Hightower - 43OLB ; Exclusive Rights Franchise Tag.

Hightower will get this tag to prevent him from hitting free agency. I will get him the extension he deserves. He is the heart of this defense now and will be the leader for years to come.

Cap Situation
The cap space is updates automatically for me, but is maintained and kept track of by the big dogs at Total Control, so I wanna give a shout out to them for all the amazing work they do Applause Applause Applause I will get an idea of what our cap space looks like moving forward here shortly. It doesn't mean much though, considering Hightower's tag will get an extension. There are other immediate moves I intend to make as well that will cause that number to fluctuate and wiggle for the team Wink

Quarterback Controversy
The early bird gets the worm, unless it doesn't. Teams are calling about, you guessed it-

Jimmy Garoppolo. The suspects are the suspected offenders in real life as well. Chicago, San Francisco, Arizona, and a few others have come knocking to see what it takes to get the young potential franchise QB on their squad. Without revealing the offers for the sake of leverage, most teams are including packages that have young players.

Free Agency
Free agency bids are open for us to get our hands on via Google Docs. The mass list of players composed is impressive. I don't need my offers in for a while, although I am actively looking. I have a few guys in mind, but nothing is concrete yet. I don't have the date off the top of my head and I'm using my cell, but the positions I'm looking to spend some money on are the defensive line and the offensive line...., so here is how this Free Agency mock works, so you all are informed who are following along. Each player is assigned a grade. (average of their Madden and their PFF grades) From that grade, each player is assigned an AVERAGE PER YEAR (APY) Salary that they "demand". In order to sign that player, you must at least offer a contract at or above APY. The bidding goes in rounds. You can offer a contract to any 3 free agents and 1 resign offer per round of bidding. The APY decreases 10% every round that player goes without a contract offer.

Last edited by justin_perkins on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE!

Quote:
New England receives:
0928 - Hau'oli Kikaha - 43OLB
1445 - Landon Turner - RG
2017 7th round pick
2018 7th round pick

New Orleans receives:
2187 - Tre Jackson - OG
0736 - Dion Lewis - RB

Hau'oli Kikaha
Kikaha brings a lot to the table as a player. He's pretty fluid in coverage and appears to always be around the ball. He can apply pressure like a high school teacher giving a pop quiz. He recently tore his ACL, for the third time. But he's got enough drive and determination to come back at 100%, his injury rehab was last reported as going "extremely well"! We anticipate him to be ready come next summer, and he fills a major void at outside linebacker.

Landon Turner
Turner went undrafted, but logged more and more playing time as the season went on and his career is trending no where but upwards.

Thoughts on losing Jackson and Lewis
Tre Jackson became expendable after Coach Scarr ignited the flame in our DL which caused Joe Thuney and Shaq Mason to step up as legit starting guards in the league. Tre Jackson is a solid prospect, but missed all of last season and wasn't as sharp as a rookie like he was projected to be the season before either.
Dion Lewis is hell of a player and so fun to watch. He helps our offense greatly, but man. James White proved himself in the Super Bowl after a mediocre campaign-of-a-career until then, and will be my new Kevin Faulk. It hurts losing Dion, but I am excited for White to get more touches and be the clear top receiving back for the first time in his career.
We also gained a 7th rd pick this year, and one the following year.

Last edited by justin_perkins on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE!

Quote:
New England receives:

2149 - TJ Yeldon - RB
7th Round (#225)

for

Jacksonville receives:
4th Round (#130)

T.J. Yeldon
Jacksonville has given up on soon to be third year back, T.J. Yeldon. Yeldon was a stud at 'Bama and had a successful rookie year running with 182 carries for a smooth 740 yards at 4.1 ypc. This past season was not a total wash, as he nabbed 50 receptions but had poor rushing performances that ended with his season on IR. Yeldon is not to blame, the Jaguars offense was a dumpster-fire and now that Yeldon will be able to run behind a competent offensive line- I may have just gotten a hell of a deal.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE!

Quote:
New England receives:
2258 - Ufomba Kamalu - 34DE

Houston receives:
1991 - Sebastian Vollmer - RT

Ufomba Kamalu
Kamalu can play any position on the defensive line. His long arms and shear strength are a problem any time he lines up, but he doesn't really excel in any area. Not real explosive, but generates pressure. I think he will be a good carry until the pre-season at the least.

Sebastian Vollmer
Losing Sebastian Vollmer hurts more in my heart than it hurts the team. Lol. Really though, Vollmer has probably played his last snap IRL as well. He lsot his starting job to Marcus Cannon and there are reports coming out that he may retire this offseason. Despite that, the Texans wanted to bring the big German back to Houston. Farewell, SeaBass.

Last edited by justin_perkins on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONTRACT EXTENSION!

We are humbly pleased, yet proud, to announce that LB Dont'a Hightower has signed a contract extension with us. This move comes after we applied the franchise tag to Hightower. Numbers are below for those whom are interested in seeing it:

5 years for $79,650,120

Extended Contract
Year 4-DIGIT ID CONCATENATE Name Pos. Exp. Grade Base Salary Prorated Bonus Cap Number
2017 0761 0761 - Donta Hightower - 43OLB Donta Hightower 43OLB 4 96.9% $9,750,120 $3,600,000 $13,350,120
2018 0761 0761 - Donta Hightower - 43OLB Donta Hightower 43OLB 5 96.9% $11,500,000 $3,600,000 $15,100,000
2019 0761 0761 - Donta Hightower - 43OLB Donta Hightower 43OLB 6 96.9% $12,000,000 $3,600,000 $15,600,000
2020 0761 0761 - Donta Hightower - 43OLB Donta Hightower 43OLB 7 96.9% $13,500,000 $3,600,000 $17,100,000
2021 0761 0761 - Donta Hightower - 43OLB Donta Hightower 43OLB 8 96.9% $14,900,000 $3,600,000 $18,500,000

Base Salary = $61,650,120
Prorated Bonus = $18,000,000
Total Value = $79,650,120
APY = $15,930,024
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping we land Hightower at closer to what Jamie got from the Browns

Sigs-Taking Requests
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I'm hoping we land Hightower at closer to what Jamie got from the Browns

I 100% am sure I overpaid him. But honestly, why not? We have the cap space. The salary cap rises more and more every year. The money is not an issue. If Dont'a can stay on the field is the issue. The APY of $15,930,024 is only $3M more than that of Luke Keuchley's contract. Inflation in the NFL will make that number nothing by the time year 2 or 3 of the deal rolls around.
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE!

Quote:
New England receives:
1190 - Jonathan Bullard - 34DE
2nd round pick(#36)

for

Chicago receives:
1119 - Jimmy Garoppolo - QB
3rd round pick (#96)

It's happened. Jimmy Garoppolo has been traded to the Chicago Bears. It was a no-brainer for me to trade Jimmy during this mock, it was just a matter of time. The Bears stepped up at the last second to secure their franchise quarterback.

Jonathan Bullard
In return we got Jonathan Bullard, who will play DE on the opposite side of Trey Flowers. He has enough bend and quickness to close up the pocket and pounce on whoever has the ball. He's an athletic 290 pounds, but needs to work on things. He has plenty of room for improvement after a rocky rookie season, but I like the potential and believe Bullard can put it all together for us next season.

Last edited by justin_perkins on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rate that an OK deal. Would want more of a return IRL if we're gonna trade Jimmy, otherwise keep him. I like Bullard but he was a 3rd rounder last year and didn't really do much. Would like the deal more if we didn't send them a 3rd rounder back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I'd rate that an OK deal. Would want more of a return IRL if we're gonna trade Jimmy, otherwise keep him. I like Bullard but he was a 3rd rounder last year and didn't really do much. Would like the deal more if we didn't send them a 3rd rounder back.

He was keen on getting #64 back and I was having none of it Laughing I think it's an ok deal. Pretty much, the third for Bullard and Jimmy for 36. I think those are fair deals. We're not gonna run the tables on a team IRL much better I don't think. I moved up 60 spots into the end of the first round almost and acquired a young highly touted defensive prospect Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: