Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REAL offseason discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/derek-barnett-nfl-draft-cover-letter/

Barnett's letter.

There was a grammatical error haha

Ya'll know I like the kid. I'd hate for him to slide (for him), but I'd love to be able to trade back up and get him.

1.8 Fournette
1.22 Barnett

and if that happens... I don't care who else we get :lol:

well... I say that... I "do" care... but the draft would be an A+ for me no matter what.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing rumors of Schefter reporting that the Browns may pass on Garrett for Trubisky.

That would be a major mock shake-up.

QBs could go:

1. Browns - Turbisky
2. SF - Watson
3. Cle - Keiser

*fingers crossed*

atown703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing would make me happier than to see an early run on QBs Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of it is false speculation. There are always leaks near draft time about the team picking first overall thinking of going in another direction, but it is usually just to keep the excitement and suspense going (unless the pick is obvious like Luck). Same thing happened in 2011 with us. People kept speculating that we might take Green, Peterson, or Fairley, but it was obvious for awhile that Cam was going to be the guy.

I'd truly be shocked, I mean shocked if the Browns passed on Garrett. I do think they really want Trubisky, but probably in a trade-up. I hope they do take him #1 though. That would leave 6 selections left in front of us with Adams, Garrett, Thomas, Fournette, and McCaffrey on the board. And there is always a surprise or two. So we would walk away with one of those guys, which is cool with me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebUSOQBJ7Y

Look at that vision and cutting ability at 1:00. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Voth officially predicted CMac as the pick.

Quote:
Before I get to my reasoning, full disclosure: As of Tuesday afternoon, my best guess would have been Stanford defensive end Solomon Thomas. That's because rumblings he could slide to the Panthers at No. 8 were growing louder. And no matter who's available at running back, if Thomas is still on the board, Carolina would waste little time taking him off of it.

But more recent chatter indicates the Chargers would pounce on Thomas if he's there at No. 7, so that leads me back to a pick that will surprise no one if it happens.

The Panthers, who liked McCaffrey early in the pre-draft process, went to the NFL Scouting Combine thinking he'd thrust himself firmly into first-round discussions. That's exactly what happened. Then, as we've seen over the past few weeks, McCaffrey became the consolation prize behind LSU's Leonard Fournette. But I'm not convinced Carolina's decision-makers unanimously see Fournette as the clear-cut pick if it came down to him and McCaffrey.

Ultimately, I'm guessing that call will be taken out of the Panthers' hands when Fournette goes in the top seven. And that would leave McCaffrey sitting there at No. 8 for a team who believes hes much more than a consolation prize.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
Bill Voth officially predicted CMac as the pick.

Quote:
Before I get to my reasoning, full disclosure: As of Tuesday afternoon, my best guess would have been Stanford defensive end Solomon Thomas. That's because rumblings he could slide to the Panthers at No. 8 were growing louder. And no matter who's available at running back, if Thomas is still on the board, Carolina would waste little time taking him off of it.

But more recent chatter indicates the Chargers would pounce on Thomas if he's there at No. 7, so that leads me back to a pick that will surprise no one if it happens.

The Panthers, who liked McCaffrey early in the pre-draft process, went to the NFL Scouting Combine thinking he'd thrust himself firmly into first-round discussions. That's exactly what happened. Then, as we've seen over the past few weeks, McCaffrey became the consolation prize behind LSU's Leonard Fournette. But I'm not convinced Carolina's decision-makers unanimously see Fournette as the clear-cut pick if it came down to him and McCaffrey.

Ultimately, I'm guessing that call will be taken out of the Panthers' hands when Fournette goes in the top seven. And that would leave McCaffrey sitting there at No. 8 for a team who believes hes much more than a consolation prize.

God I hate this...

For the record, if CMC is the pick then he will have my support...

But for the above/bolded reason. Dude climbed from the 2nd round to the favorite at 1.8.

All of this due to beat writer speculation at the combine.

Then, at last Friday's presser... more questions about CMC, requiring response from DG and crew..

I just don't see it.

Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would 100% be in favor of moving up to 6 and taking Thomas. That'd be best case scenario to me. Wouldn't cost much, either. Don't know if Thomas makes it that far though.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
ericr0319

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is final mock. No trades.

1. Christian McCaffrey - RB (At this point I am shocked if he is not the pick. I would only NOT be shocked if we went Johnathan Allen. Which I would dread and not watch the remainder of the draft.)

2. Quincy Wilson - CB (I think this is a complete guess depending how the 1st round goes. So many good players a lot of talent is going to fall. Tough to judge who falls. I can even see Corey Davis slipping here.)

2. Demarcus Walker - DE (Big guy, amazing his final college year, can play all position on the line, and a homer pick.)

3. Bucky Hodges - TE (Some have him the 2nd best TE in this draft.)

4. Ethan Pocic, C/G (BPA at this point. Depth and eventual replacement.)

5. Roderick Johnson, OT (Another homer pick.)

6. Ben Boulware, S/OLB (I just love the way he plays. I can see him being a great special teamer and injury/breather plug in. Absolutely hated him in college though.)

7. Chad Kelly, QB (Dude spits the best game in the DMs.)
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some reports floating that Kelvin Benjamin is around 280 currently. Rivera said those reports are false, but he's "a little heavy".

Color me shocked the lazy receiver is fat. In other breaking news, water's wet.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we didn't pick up his option. I guess I understand why we did it. For as bad as he may be, we don't have anybody behind him to make losing him worth it. But man, he's just underwhelming. These weight issues have been going on for awhile now. I don't necessarily mind that he is heavy, but the fact that his fluctuating weight is still an issue combined with his lackluster on-field performances is extremely concerning.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many big draft failures is that for Old Man Getts? He seems to have a pretty good hit percentage despite what looks like a disappointment in Kelvin Benjamin.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well our GM Doug Whaley was fired and with McDermott calling the shots it seems that Brandon Beane is the favorite for the job. What can you tell me about him?

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Well our GM Doug Whaley was fired and with McDermott calling the shots it seems that Brandon Beane is the favorite for the job. What can you tell me about him?

From an article on Panthers.com. Dude keeps a pretty low profile. Was with GM Dave Gettleman and Director of College Scouting Don Gregory on our pre-draft presser. First time I've seen the guy talk though it was mostly Gettleman talking. Been with the organization since '98 and he's only 38 while Gettleman is 66 so he's kinda the heir to the throne.

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers have promoted Brandon Beane to assistant general manager, the team announced Wednesday.

"Brandon is very deserving of this opportunity," general manager Dave Gettleman said. "He has worked tremendously hard in helping us build this roster, and his responsibilities have increased every year he's been here. He is smart, organized and has a knack for problem-solving. I look forward to continuing to work with him."

Beane, 38, has spent the past seven seasons as the Panthers' director of football operations, a role in which he assisted Gettleman in the evaluation of players at the professional and collegiate levels while holding administrative and scouting responsibilities in both areas. He has worked closely with the football operations staff on the negotiation of player contracts, developing budgets and CBA compliance.

Beane has also been responsible for directing portions of the NFL Draft, including executing trades that netted cornerback Bene Benwikere, wide receiver Devin Funchess and offensive tackle Daryl Williams in the past two years. Beane has played a role in putting together the team's draft board over the past four seasons and participated in the evaluation of collegiate prospects in preparation for the draft.

In 2012, Beane served as the Panthers' interim general manager during the final 10 games of the season, helping Carolina finish with a 6-4 record over that span.

A native of Stanly County, N.C., and graduate of UNC-Wilmington, Beane has been a part of the Panthers organization since 1998, joining the franchise in the communications department before advancing in the football operations and personnel ranks.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Quote:
Updating a previous item, the Panthers have yet to exercise WR Kelvin Benjamin's fifth-year team option for 2018.

Back in March, GM Dave Gettleman said the team would pick up the option, but that was before Benjamin showed up to voluntary workouts a little pudgy, leading to coach Ron Rivera openly calling him out this past weekend for being a "little heavy." Benjamin wasn't his pre-injury self in 2016 and threw a fit on the sideline in one game. The Panthers are putting him on notice.

We have until Wednesday to officially pick up his option. I sincerely hope we don't.

AkronsWitness wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

Jump to: