Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REAL offseason discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
RB Jonathan Stewart 4.8
P Andy Lee 3.4
K Graham Gano 3.1
DT Paul Soliai 2.5
LT Micheal Oher 2.5
TE Ed Dickson 2.3
QB Derek Anderson 1.7 (even though he was horrific last year)
QB Joe Webb 0.9

the rest can go...

DT Kawaan Short 13.5 - I am sure we tag him
DE Mario Addison 4.5 - At this number keep
DE Charles Johnson 3
T Mike Remmers 3
WR Ted Ginn Jr 3
LB A.J. Klein 1.5 - Although he probably walks for a chance at more playing time
CB Teddy Williams 1.5
FS Micheal Griffin 1.5
G Chris Scottt 1.5
DT Kyle Love 1.5
C Ryan Wendell 0.5
CB Leonard Johnson 0.5
S Colin Jones 0.5

the rest can walk....

FA OT

Kahlil because of the price over Whitworth
Ricky Wagner

FA DE

Peppers or JPP - I think we need to bring in a vet

FA S

Don't want to spend on a safety. I would like to grab one in the 1st.

I also think we can benefit from a loaded TE FA class. Jack Doyle is a guy that could play well in our system. [/b]

So you want to cut Stewart, draft a safety in the 1st and go into the season with either a FA pickup or Tolbert/Fozzy in our backfield?

I'm fine with adding Peppers as a veteran. However, JPP is wayyy too expensive for us. I've seen articles that he's looking for the contract that Vernon got last year. I don't want to give him that kind of contract and have to deal with KK/Star's contract next year. I'm fine with bringing back CJ on another 1 year contract. He's solid against the run and can be rotated with a young DE that we could draft in the middle rounds that is ready to pass rush but can't contain the edge.

I would keep Stewart, Lee, Gano, Oher, Anderson and Webb. Cut Soliai and Dickson.

Didn't know JPP was asking for that much. He has one arm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
RB Jonathan Stewart 4.8
P Andy Lee 3.4
K Graham Gano 3.1
DT Paul Soliai 2.5
LT Micheal Oher 2.5
TE Ed Dickson 2.3
QB Derek Anderson 1.7 (even though he was horrific last year)
QB Joe Webb 0.9

the rest can go...

DT Kawaan Short 13.5 - I am sure we tag him
DE Mario Addison 4.5 - At this number keep
DE Charles Johnson 3
T Mike Remmers 3
WR Ted Ginn Jr 3
LB A.J. Klein 1.5 - Although he probably walks for a chance at more playing time
CB Teddy Williams 1.5
FS Micheal Griffin 1.5
G Chris Scottt 1.5
DT Kyle Love 1.5
C Ryan Wendell 0.5
CB Leonard Johnson 0.5
S Colin Jones 0.5

the rest can walk....

FA OT

Kahlil because of the price over Whitworth
Ricky Wagner

FA DE

Peppers or JPP - I think we need to bring in a vet

FA S

Don't want to spend on a safety. I would like to grab one in the 1st.

I also think we can benefit from a loaded TE FA class. Jack Doyle is a guy that could play well in our system. [/b]

So you want to cut Stewart, draft a safety in the 1st and go into the season with either a FA pickup or Tolbert/Fozzy in our backfield?

I'm fine with adding Peppers as a veteran. However, JPP is wayyy too expensive for us. I've seen articles that he's looking for the contract that Vernon got last year. I don't want to give him that kind of contract and have to deal with KK/Star's contract next year. I'm fine with bringing back CJ on another 1 year contract. He's solid against the run and can be rotated with a young DE that we could draft in the middle rounds that is ready to pass rush but can't contain the edge.

I would keep Stewart, Lee, Gano, Oher, Anderson and Webb. Cut Soliai and Dickson.

Didn't know JPP was asking for that much. He has one arm.

Yeah, he will be overrated on the market. He got 7 sacks last year but that number is inflated. He got 3 sacks vs. CLE and 2.5 vs. CHI.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: REAL offseason discussion Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
We need a non-fairy tail, non-final fantasy VII offseason discussion form. I propose this be it. My apologies if one has already been created.

Free agents, cuts, drafts, resigns-what do you want to happen?

Cut - Jstew, Philly.

Resign - KK Short (rather not tag him), I'd like to bring back Addison if the market doesn't jump his value.

Signs - Kahlil at LT and Ricky Wagner RT. We have the money to sign offensive line and we can grab 2 younger top tier (Kahlil can get there). I like the idea of bringing Peppers and Captain back too.

Draft - I want Hooker or Adams. But, I wouldn't complain about a RB in the first, IF we sign oline.

The rest of the draft is too hard to predict right now. However, we need to address DE, OLB, C, and CB in the draft. (Obviously OL, but im hoping we make a splash in FA.)

Honestly I don't see these as improvements. Kalil has been an absolute bust at LT since he came into the league and Peppers and Captain are aging vets. Peppers has been playing mainly LBer for the past few seasons and Captain has been a mediocre at best nickel.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: REAL offseason discussion Reply with quote

PR wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
We need a non-fairy tail, non-final fantasy VII offseason discussion form. I propose this be it. My apologies if one has already been created.

Free agents, cuts, drafts, resigns-what do you want to happen?

Cut - Jstew, Philly.

Resign - KK Short (rather not tag him), I'd like to bring back Addison if the market doesn't jump his value.

Signs - Kahlil at LT and Ricky Wagner RT. We have the money to sign offensive line and we can grab 2 younger top tier (Kahlil can get there). I like the idea of bringing Peppers and Captain back too.

Draft - I want Hooker or Adams. But, I wouldn't complain about a RB in the first, IF we sign oline.

The rest of the draft is too hard to predict right now. However, we need to address DE, OLB, C, and CB in the draft. (Obviously OL, but im hoping we make a splash in FA.)

Honestly I don't see these as improvements. Kalil has been an absolute bust at LT since he came into the league and Peppers and Captain are aging vets. Peppers has been playing mainly LBer for the past few seasons and Captain has been a mediocre at best nickel.

Obviously, I'm not high on Kalil...

Pep I am still mad at....

Captian... sure, ok... there are a lot of Rookies though. This is a good year to need a CB.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not someone who wants us to break the bank every year in FA, but I'm kind of hoping we do it for Eric Berry. I think he'd be an amazing addition and we have a lot of cap space with Newton and Kuechly already locked down.

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd love to see it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I'm not someone who wants us to break the bank every year in FA, but I'm kind of hoping we do it for Eric Berry. I think he'd be an amazing addition and we have a lot of cap space with Newton and Kuechly already locked down.

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd love to see it.

+1 on all accounts.

Don't see him leaving KC... don't see it as DG's MO... but if it did happen it would be awesome.

Dude will command somewhere between 11-13M I would expect.

He knows Cam too. They have a connection that goes back to high school in Atlanta.

Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry would be amazing, I agree.

JF16 Forever
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz visited with us today. Don't know how I would feel if we signed him. He would be a good veteran presence but I don't think he has anything left in the tank to contribute anything on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
Victor Cruz visited with us today. Don't know how I would feel if we signed him. He would be a good veteran presence but I don't think he has anything left in the tank to contribute anything on the field.

At least some part of this had to be his connection with DG.

I don't see where Cruz fits in... Not unless we make a move at the top (Funchess/KB). Last years separation numbers are staggering for those guys.

Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tolbert and Soliai released.

goldfishwars wrote:
I put a list of twenty prospects on each poll and by pick three guys are saying stuff like 'WHY ISN'T CREMEDY TOOTSHOES THE LONG SNAPPER FROM WESTERN KENTUCKY ON THIS POLL?'
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I don't see where Cruz fits in... Not unless we make a move at the top (Funchess/KB). Last years separation numbers are staggering for those guys.

I think they would probably just give Funchess less looks and keep Ginn on the outside (unless he's an FA this year? not sure) with Cruz in the slot.

I think they know Benjamin kind of sucks, but have too much invested in him and unlikely they would find a trade entirely worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I think they would probably just give Funchess less looks and keep Ginn on the outside (unless he's an FA this year? not sure) with Cruz in the slot.

I think they know Benjamin kind of sucks, but have too much invested in him and unlikely they would find a trade entirely worth it.

That is such a sad statement. Dude has no business seeing 100+ targets. Ridiculous.

EDIT: And yeah, Ginn is a free agent.

goldfishwars wrote:
I put a list of twenty prospects on each poll and by pick three guys are saying stuff like 'WHY ISN'T CREMEDY TOOTSHOES THE LONG SNAPPER FROM WESTERN KENTUCKY ON THIS POLL?'
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, Tolbert released.

JF16 Forever
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Finally, Tolbert released.

Yeah, he had a noticeable drop off from our super bowl run. Sad to see him go but it was necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of today's action comes as a surprise.

Favorite replacement for Tolbert... Kyle Juszczyk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: