Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock Offseason Bengals Warroom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2792
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Total Control Mock Offseason Bengals Warroom Reply with quote

There won't be a forum wide FFMD this year. So Mike is going to run the Total Control mock offseason (with free agency as well as the draft) again. I'm the Bengals GM but would like input from all forum regulars. It starts on Sunday, Feb 19 but before then we have to decide on whether to use any tags.

So does anyone want to use a franchise or transition tag on Whitworth, Zeitler, or Kirkpatrick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7288
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Bengals realistically tagging any of them.
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7797
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Total Control Mock Offseason Bengals Warroom Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
There won't be a forum wide FFMD this year. So Mike is going to run the Total Control mock offseason (with free agency as well as the draft) again. I'm the Bengals GM but would like input from all forum regulars. It starts on Sunday, Feb 19 but before then we have to decide on whether to use any tags.

So does anyone want to use a franchise or transition tag on Whitworth, Zeitler, or Kirkpatrick?


I'd tag Zeitler in real life, so why not do it here. i think we can reach an agreement with the other two in the real world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2792
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-line tag is 13.5 mil for franchise, 11.7 for transition. CB tag is 13.7 or 11.7.

None of these guys are worth 13 mil+. I'd guess their open market values at 10 mil for Whitworth, 9 mil for Zeitler, and 8-9 mil for Dre.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26419
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see us using the tag at all this year.

Zeitler would be paid O line money right..there isnt a distinction of a G compared to a T i dont think
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7797
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I dont see us using the tag at all this year.

Zeitler would be paid O line money right..there isnt a distinction of a G compared to a T i dont think


Correct. Transition tag him, which guarantees we get draft round compensation, which in this case, is a first. We tried to get cute with hawkins, but since he was an UDFA, we got nothing back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrCincinnati


Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 2635
Location: Hamilton, OH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeitler is worth the tag IMO. Otherwise, just offer a contract to all 3 free agents
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jason_Bengal_Fl


Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 5500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
I dont see us using the tag at all this year.

Zeitler would be paid O line money right..there isnt a distinction of a G compared to a T i dont think


Correct. Transition tag him, which guarantees we get draft round compensation, which in this case, is a first. We tried to get cute with hawkins, but since he was an UDFA, we got nothing back.


Nope. There is no compensation for the transition tag. You can match an offer made and keep him, or let him go with no compensation.
_________________
2017 Draft Needs: Interior O-line, Pass Rushing DE, Linebacker, Kicker, Overall Team Speed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6841
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd transition Zeitler. See what he can get in the open market. If you are willing to pay franchise amount, might as well sign him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26419
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I'd transition Zeitler. See what he can get in the open market. If you are willing to pay franchise amount, might as well sign him.


you would pay Zeitler 12+ mill?
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2792
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals have about 44 mil in available cap space but that's with 15 free agents from last year. I don't think we can afford 12 mil for any player so my inclination is to not use a tag. I haven't seen the players asking prices yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6841
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
I'd transition Zeitler. See what he can get in the open market. If you are willing to pay franchise amount, might as well sign him.


you would pay Zeitler 12+ mill?


I wouldn't be upset if that was the cap hit this year on a front loaded contract, but I would prefer an average in the 9.5 ballpark.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2792
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Bengals have about 44 mil in available cap space but that's with 15 free agents from last year. I don't think we can afford 12 mil for any player so my inclination is to not use a tag. I haven't seen the players asking prices yet.


I now have seen the asking prices. Total Control has players starting out asking for top dollar then lowering their price as time goes by. Players also ask for more of course if they are highly rated. Whitworth is only looking for a 1 year deal due to his age but as a probowl left tackle is asking for almost 19 mil for 2017. So we could tag him for under 14 mil or hope he stays available for a couple of rounds of bidding or move on to someone else.

Zeitler is looking for 4 years/41 mil.

Dre isn't rated very highly and is cheap at 4 years/ 12 mil. Of course other teams might bid more than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7797
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
Bengals have about 44 mil in available cap space but that's with 15 free agents from last year. I don't think we can afford 12 mil for any player so my inclination is to not use a tag. I haven't seen the players asking prices yet.


I now have seen the asking prices. Total Control has players starting out asking for top dollar then lowering their price as time goes by. Players also ask for more of course if they are highly rated. Whitworth is only looking for a 1 year deal due to his age but as a probowl left tackle is asking for almost 19 mil for 2017. So we could tag him for under 14 mil or hope he stays available for a couple of rounds of bidding or move on to someone else.

Zeitler is looking for 4 years/41 mil.

Dre isn't rated very highly and is cheap at 4 years/ 12 mil. Of course other teams might bid more than that.


Meet the price on Zeitler, maybe add a couple of million. Raise Dre to $6 per and get it done. Tag Whit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26419
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
Bengals have about 44 mil in available cap space but that's with 15 free agents from last year. I don't think we can afford 12 mil for any player so my inclination is to not use a tag. I haven't seen the players asking prices yet.


I now have seen the asking prices. Total Control has players starting out asking for top dollar then lowering their price as time goes by. Players also ask for more of course if they are highly rated. Whitworth is only looking for a 1 year deal due to his age but as a probowl left tackle is asking for almost 19 mil for 2017. So we could tag him for under 14 mil or hope he stays available for a couple of rounds of bidding or move on to someone else.

Zeitler is looking for 4 years/41 mil.

Dre isn't rated very highly and is cheap at 4 years/ 12 mil. Of course other teams might bid more than that.


Meet the price on Zeitler, maybe add a couple of million. Raise Dre to $6 per and get it done. Tag Whit.


I would gladly pay Zeitler that money. No way we should pay Whit 19 million a year. That is wayyyy overpaying. I think Dre gets closer to 8-10 honestly.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group