You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TCM - Redskins War Room - NT Jarron Jones in the 4th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 122nd pick in the NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select:

Jarron Jones, NT, Notre Dame

_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.26 (26) - Zach Cunningham, MLB, Vanderbilt
2.17 (49) - Dion Dawkins, G, Temple
3.17 (81) - Marcus Maye, S, Florida
3.41 (90) - Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
4.07 (112) - Samaje Perine, HB, Oklahoma
4.17 (122) - Jarron Jones, NT, Notre Dame
6.17 (201)
7.08 (229)
7.17 (238)
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
'MKnight82' Wink wrote:
QB (3): Kirk Cousins (tag), Colt McCoy, Nate Sudfeld
WR (8): DeSean Jackson, Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder, Maurice Harris, Ryan Grant, Matt Hazel, Reggie Diggs, Kendal Thompson
RB (5): Robert Kelley, Samaje Perine (112), Chris Thompson (RFA), Mack Brown, Keith Marshall
TE (5): Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Derek Carrier, Niles Paul, Wes Saxton
LT (4): Trent Williams, Ty Nsekhe (ERFA), Isaiah Williams, Kevin Bowen
LG (3): Dion Dawkins (49), Shawn Lauvao, Ronald Patrick
C (1): Spencer Long
RG (2): Brandon Scherff, Arie Kouandjio
RT (2): Morgan Moses, Vinston Painter (ERFA)

DE (8): Chris Baker, Chris Wormley (90), Kendall Langford, Ricky Jean-Francois, Matthew Ioannidis, A.J. Francis, Anthony Lanier, Lynden Trail
DT: (3) Ziggy Hood, Jarron Jones (122), Phillip Taylor, Joey Mbu
ILB (6): A.J. Klein, Zach Cunningham (26), Steven Daniels, Martrell Spaight, Zach Vigil, Khairi Fortt
OLB (7): Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Murphy, Junior Galette, Preston Smith, Houston Bates, Rufus Johnson, Pete Robinson
CB (8): Josh Norman, Bashaud Breeland, Quinton Dunbar, Tharold Simon, Kendall Fuller, Dashaun Phillips, Shak Randolph, Tajh Hanson
S (8): Adrian Amos, Su'a Cravens, Marcus Maye (81), Bacarri Rambo, Will Blackmon, Deshazor Everett, Joshua Evans, Earl Wolff

LS (1): Nick Sundberg
K (1): Dustin Hopkins
P (1): Tress Way


Acquired by Trade
Drafted
Acquired via Free Agency
Own free agent re-signed


Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
- per the almighty Woz

Darn tootin'! Very Happy Laughing

_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
We're on the clock.

NT Jarron Jones or OLB Devontae Fields?
Jones for me.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
1.26 (26) - Zach Cunningham, MLB, Vanderbilt
2.17 (49) - Dion Dawkins, G, Temple
3.17 (81) - Marcus Maye, S, Florida
3.41 (90) - Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
4.07 (112) - Samaje Perine, HB, Oklahoma
4.17 (122) - Jarron Jones, NT, Notre Dame
6.17 (201)
7.08 (229)
7.17 (238)
Good job man, I love what you've done with the place!
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Guys we have a trade offer from the Bears, need to know your thoughts:

WAS gets:
0935 - Hroniss Grasu - C

CHI gets:
Pick 201 (6th round)
1579 - Martrell Spaight - ILB

Hroniss Grasu was a 3rd round pick in the 2015 draft and was the Bears projected started at Center last year before tearing his ACL in camp.


I like the player. But is he healthy?
He tore it in camp last year so I assume he'd be ready for this season. Losing Spaight sucks but we have Stephen Daniels coming back.


If he's healthy, do it
The issue is skill set. They're diff type of LBs. Stephen Daniels is in the Foster mold as a thumper, Spaight is more athletic and is a WILB in our scheme.
We did sign AJ Klein in this mock and drafted Zach Cunningham in the first. We traded away Mason Foster and lost Will Compton in free agency though.


So, did we make the trade for Grasu?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Guys we have a trade offer from the Bears, need to know your thoughts:

WAS gets:
0935 - Hroniss Grasu - C

CHI gets:
Pick 201 (6th round)
1579 - Martrell Spaight - ILB

Hroniss Grasu was a 3rd round pick in the 2015 draft and was the Bears projected started at Center last year before tearing his ACL in camp.


I like the player. But is he healthy?
He tore it in camp last year so I assume he'd be ready for this season. Losing Spaight sucks but we have Stephen Daniels coming back.


If he's healthy, do it
The issue is skill set. They're diff type of LBs. Stephen Daniels is in the Foster mold as a thumper, Spaight is more athletic and is a WILB in our scheme.
We did sign AJ Klein in this mock and drafted Zach Cunningham in the first. We traded away Mason Foster and lost Will Compton in free agency though.


So, did we make the trade for Grasu?
Ya just accepted it.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
'MKnight82' Wink wrote:
QB (3): Kirk Cousins (tag), Colt McCoy, Nate Sudfeld
WR (8): DeSean Jackson, Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder, Maurice Harris, Ryan Grant, Matt Hazel, Reggie Diggs, Kendal Thompson
RB (5): Robert Kelley, Samaje Perine (112), Chris Thompson (RFA), Mack Brown, Keith Marshall
TE (5): Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Derek Carrier, Niles Paul, Wes Saxton
LT (4): Trent Williams, Ty Nsekhe (ERFA), Isaiah Williams, Kevin Bowen
LG (3): Dion Dawkins (49), Shawn Lauvao, Ronald Patrick
C (1): Spencer Long, Hroniss Grasu
RG (2): Brandon Scherff, Arie Kouandjio
RT (2): Morgan Moses, Vinston Painter (ERFA)

DE (8): Chris Baker, Chris Wormley (90), Kendall Langford, Ricky Jean-Francois, Matthew Ioannidis, A.J. Francis, Anthony Lanier, Lynden Trail
DT: (3) Ziggy Hood, Jarron Jones (122), Phillip Taylor, Joey Mbu
ILB (6): A.J. Klein, Zach Cunningham (26), Steven Daniels, Martrell Spaight, Zach Vigil, Khairi Fortt
OLB (7): Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Murphy, Junior Galette, Preston Smith, Houston Bates, Rufus Johnson, Pete Robinson
CB (8): Josh Norman, Bashaud Breeland, Quinton Dunbar, Tharold Simon, Kendall Fuller, Dashaun Phillips, Shak Randolph, Tajh Hanson
S (8): Adrian Amos, Su'a Cravens, Marcus Maye (81), Bacarri Rambo, Will Blackmon, Deshazor Everett, Joshua Evans, Earl Wolff

LS (1): Nick Sundberg
K (1): Dustin Hopkins
P (1): Tress Way


Acquired by Trade
Drafted
Acquired via Free Agency
Own free agent re-signed


Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
- per the almighty Woz

Darn tootin'! Very Happy Laughing

_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
1.26 (26) - Zach Cunningham, MLB, Vanderbilt
2.17 (49) - Dion Dawkins, G, Temple
3.17 (81) - Marcus Maye, S, Florida
3.41 (90) - Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
4.07 (112) - Samaje Perine, HB, Oklahoma
4.17 (122) - Jarron Jones, NT, Notre Dame
7.08 (229)
7.17 (238)

_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PSID412


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 2133
Location: Bristol England
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking roster. If needed I can eye up UDFA's
_________________

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:
Cool looking roster. If needed I can eye up UDFA's
Yes sir. Probably need a QB, K, maybe a TE in UDFA.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
PSID412 wrote:
Cool looking roster. If needed I can eye up UDFA's
Yes sir. Probably need a QB, K, maybe a TE in UDFA.


Wouldn't hurt to throw a punter in there for UDFAs, either.

We might want to look at WR options in the upcoming rounds. While our top three are probably solid, the back five are completely replaceable. Other than that, maybe a corner or edge rusher? The roster looks solid as is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PSID412


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 2133
Location: Bristol England
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
PSID412 wrote:
Cool looking roster. If needed I can eye up UDFA's
Yes sir. Probably need a QB, K, maybe a TE in UDFA.


Wouldn't hurt to throw a punter in there for UDFAs, either.

We might want to look at WR options in the upcoming rounds. While our top three are probably solid, the back five are completely replaceable. Other than that, maybe a corner or edge rusher? The roster looks solid as is.


I think by law if I'm involved in this sort of thing I have to make sure a punter is taken at some point.
_________________

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
PSID412 wrote:
Cool looking roster. If needed I can eye up UDFA's
Yes sir. Probably need a QB, K, maybe a TE in UDFA.


Wouldn't hurt to throw a punter in there for UDFAs, either.

We might want to look at WR options in the upcoming rounds. While our top three are probably solid, the back five are completely replaceable. Other than that, maybe a corner or edge rusher? The roster looks solid as is.


I think by law if I'm involved in this sort of thing I have to make sure a punter is taken at some point.
Alright well I appoint you officially in charge of finding us a UDFA punter.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was reading up on Jarron Jones. He has the size you like but not the lower body strength and his motor, he's been very injury prone and love for football are question marks.

The good news is there's talent there and plent of room to grow into his body, especially in the lower half. I have to think if the strength staff can get him stronger in the lower half and if he stays healthy he can develop into something but it'll take work.

Poor mans Michael Brockers. If they can motivate him, he could develop into a starter at either DE spot. I don't know if he's quick enough to be a good NT in our scheme.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group