Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB Rashad Jennings Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: RB Rashad Jennings Released Reply with quote

Jennings cut, saves about 2.5 mil in cap space. Perkins is clearly the feature back, and Vereen is still there. Moves make sense so far on a performance/pay ratio, so i'll continue to trust JR here. Looking for Flowers to move to RT for now, go get a top LT in draft or FA(preferably FA). Resign DRC and either JPP or Hankins(confident they can replace either, but keep at least one). And go get an outside WR veteran (Marshall, Decker, Jeffrey at right price).

Source:
http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/13/new-york-giants-release-rashad-jennings/
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one of those guys who's great in the community, great citizen. But I'm glad he's gone
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
He's one of those guys who's great in the community, great citizen. But I'm glad he's gone

I just wonder what could have been if they had Perkins in from the start. 10 yard runs couldve been 20 yard runs, etc
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get a vet at the RB position now, PP still isn't very good at pass protection and I'm not 100% convinced he can handle the entire work load.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
We need to get a vet at the RB position now, PP still isn't very good at pass protection and I'm not 100% convinced he can handle the entire work load.

It's been 10mins bro. Sure we will. I'm betting its Lacy
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

If it's Lacy I think myself and Twitter will both explode. I'm a huge Eddie Lacy guy, I just hope he can stay in shape. Isn't far removed from being a top 5 back. I know that doesnt say anything for what he could bring to the table, but still. If that happens, wonder if it'd be Perkins/Lacy for 1-2, and Vereen for 3/passing situations?
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Lacy... I question his desire to play
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

If it's Lacy I think myself and Twitter will both explode. I'm a huge Eddie Lacy guy, I just hope he can stay in shape. Isn't far removed from being a top 5 back. I know that doesnt say anything for what he could bring to the table, but still. If that happens, wonder if it'd be Perkins/Lacy for 1-2, and Vereen for 3/passing situations?

The GB connection makes sense with Lacy but I'd rather role with what we have, or draft our guy high. We need to figure out just how much of a feature back Perkins can be and bringing Lacy in is going to vulture PP's carries too much. Between PP, Vereen and Darkwa they can eat up all the carries. PP's load isn't going up much just because Jennings is gone.

A guy like Lacy breaks down quickly at the RB position and he will be 27 before the season starts. I just don't think the timing is right to bring him in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:

A guy like Lacy breaks down quickly at the RB position and he will be 27 before the season starts. I just don't think the timing is right to bring him in.

Fair enough. Perkins/ Vereen/ Darkwa. I hate Rainey( 3 yard line? really?)and he is the same RB type as Vereen, just less effective. Darkwa would be the balanced back, Perkins is the one cut guy, and Vereen is the receiving back
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:

Fair enough. Perkins/ Vereen/ Darkwa. I hate Rainey( 3 yard line? really?)and he is the same RB type as Vereen, just less effective. Darkwa would be the balanced back, Perkins is the one cut guy, and Vereen is the receiving back

At this point we should just cut Vereen since PP can play a similar role and bring in a guy like Latavius Murray.
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layabouts Murray doesn't remind you of the Jennings signing ? Hadn't played a full healthy year , coming from Oakland , etc ?
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
Layabouts Murray doesn't remind you of the Jennings signing ? Hadn't played a full healthy year , coming from Oakland , etc ?

murray is only 27. We signed jennings at 30
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and I both know the career life expectancy for RBs. Jennings has never been spectacular in a blue uniform, and it's spectacular money that Murray will warrant.

Don't get me wrong , if they sign him I'll be happy , but there are other needs first, and I just don't want them to go satisfy a want at RB and sacrifice a need at O line or TE
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
You and I both know the career life expectancy for RBs. Jennings has never been spectacular in a blue uniform, and it's spectacular money that Murray will warrant.

Don't get me wrong , if they sign him I'll be happy , but there are other needs first, and I just don't want them to go satisfy a want at RB and sacrifice a need at O line or TE

JPP will price himself out of NY and we will have close to 40 mil in money to spend when FA starts on March 9th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: