Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Victor Cruz Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Victor Cruz Released Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18677320/victor-cruz-released-new-york-giants

Quote:
The New York Giants have released wide receiver Victor Cruz, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The move was first reported Monday by NorthJersey.com. The Giants are expected to officially announce Cruz's release later Monday, the source told Schefter.

Anyone think we resign him for cheap?
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't offer him a pay cut. Don't see us resigning him
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind signing B Marshall, could help Odell stay grounded, at the right price. Just always sucks to see a hometown guy leave. Move makes sense financially, but they could have at least offered a pay cut.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad so see him go but 9.4 millions against the cap for 39 catches can't be had. Bring in Marshall or Britt to play the outside
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Sad so see him go but 9.4 millions against the cap for 39 catches can't be had. Bring in Marshall or Britt to play the outside

I forgot Britt was an option.. big bodied guy from Rutgers... consistency is only concern. Would be a good consolation prize if they miss out on Marshall or Decker
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, wasn't Cruz just named Hispanic Ambassador of Nike or some title like that? Wonder if he keeps it if not re-signed
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

I forgot Britt was an option.. big bodied guy from Rutgers... consistency is only concern. Would be a good consolation prize if they miss out on Marshall or Decker

Britt's biggest concern is character issues with his friends from Bayonne. That's the biggest issue about coming to the Giants specifically. But being a Rutgers fan, I'd love to see him do well with the Giants.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Pierre V2 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Britt's biggest concern is character issues with his friends from Bayonne. That's the biggest issue about coming to the Giants specifically. But being a Rutgers fan, I'd love to see him do well with the Giants.

Same reason they let Will Hill walk, right? Jersey City guy with bad influence friends
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Britt is my main target this offseason, big bodied guy who looks like he turned a corner last year in LA and was putting up good numbers with a terrible QB situation.
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw on Twitter that Cruz posted he's "got a lot of good football ahead of him"... I just hope he doesn't go within the division. Could see him in NO or BAL, dark horses would be KC/OAK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: