Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32's First Mock of February
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the connection we would have with Cleveland because of Greg Williams. I like the trades of Hayes/Barron because it alleviates cap space. Can we get Josh Gordon throw into one of these trades for cheap? Low risk, high reward at a position of need.
Crickett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
I see the connection we would have with Cleveland because of Greg Williams. I like the trades of Hayes/Barron because it alleviates cap space. Can we get Josh Gordon throw into one of these trades for cheap? Low risk, high reward at a position of need.

Do you really think bringing Josh Gordon to Los Angeles is a recipe for success? And by success I mean Josh Gordon spending more than five minutes not suspended from the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People really need to forget about Josh Gordon. He's shown over the last few years that he doesn't care about playing in the NFL.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

League of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances provided you're transgressions are not a PR nightmare. Weed is no longer a PR nightmare and with increased push for testing to be done as it pertains to CTE, it will be less likely that it is a punishable offense.

Give me Gordon for a conditional 6th or 7th any day of the week. I follow him on social medial; the guy is motivated to get back.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
League of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances provided you're transgressions are not a PR nightmare. Weed is no longer a PR nightmare and with increased push for testing to be done as it pertains to CTE, it will be less likely that it is a punishable offense.

Give me Gordon for a conditional 6th or 7th any day of the week. I follow him on social medial; the guy is motivated to get back.

I'm with you! Gordon is a top 5-8 WR (STILL)! After what I saw of him in the preseason last year he's still an elite player. Marijuana is such a stupid and ridiculous thing to go after with any professional player, it's time we finally move on from all that..IF only the NFL could finally get on board. They shouldn't have any business on how any player medicates themselves. Pot is the only thing Gordon has done "wrong". To me he's worth a 6th or 7th all day long!
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

He's been motivated to get back for two years. Yet, he always ends up suspended. Screw giving up a pick for him. If he wants to sign here, fine. There's no risk in that. But I'm not counting on him for anything. Because odds are that he will end up suspended again or not be reinstated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the beginning of the 2016 season, he was only suspended for 4 games. 1 week before he was going to be reinstated he personally decided to check himself into in-patient rehab. He took it upon himself to do this. His talent would be far better than anything we could get in the 7th round. I'd have no problem with it. I'd even make it as high as a 5th if he played x amount of games.

The guy was dumb about a rule that was dumb. Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make me hate the guy.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
At the beginning of the 2016 season, he was only suspended for 4 games. 1 week before he was going to be reinstated he personally decided to check himself into in-patient rehab. He took it upon himself to do this. His talent would be far better than anything we could get in the 7th round. I'd have no problem with it. I'd even make it as high as a 5th if he played x amount of games.

The guy was dumb about a rule that was dumb.
Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make me hate the guy.

I am all on board with trying to get Gordon because clearly the guy has talent. The problem is with the bolded. You can debate all day if it is a dumb rule and it doesn't matter. The rule isn't going away anytime soon. It is entirely possible we trade a pick for him and he doesn't play in a single game.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

I am all on board with trying to get Gordon because clearly the guy has talent. The problem is with the bolded. You can debate all day if it is a dumb rule and it doesn't matter. The rule isn't going away anytime soon. It is entirely possible we trade a pick for him and he doesn't play in a single game.

1.You forgot to bold the next sentence where I said "Doesn't make it right".

2. The next CBA is up in 2020 and marijuana for CTE will be a negotiated topic; so 3 years it could go away.

3. There's a chance we draft a 7th rounder and he doesn't play a single game as well.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

1.You forgot to bold the next sentence where I said "Doesn't make it right".

2. The next CBA is up in 2020 and marijuana for CTE will be a negotiated topic; so 3 years it could go away.

3. There's a chance we draft a 7th rounder and he doesn't play a single game as well.

No, I bolded everything that was relevant. It isn't a dumb rule. It is the rule. That is the point and as you stated, won't be changed till at least 2020. Gordon hasn't ever proven that he is willing to abide by the rules despite it costing him millions of dollars. I don't hate the guy either, but I don't trust him to stay clean.

I also don't think the Browns are trading Gordon for a 7th rounder since they have kept him this long.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

The guy was dumb about a rule that was dumb. Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make me hate the guy.

He took it upon himself to check into rehab because he was going to be suspended again. Which is why he has to apply for reinstatement.

I'm not trading a pick for him. He hasn't changed his ways in six years despite many opportunities. If they want to sign him, they can do that. There's nothing to lose in doing that. But I'm not giving up anything for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: