Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32's First Mock of February
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Jrry32's First Mock of February Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Trade
Rams trade DE William Hayes and WLB Mark Barron
Browns trade ILB Joe Schobert and OLB Nate Orchard

I'm just tossing something up against the wall here to see if it sticks. With the Browns moving to a 4-3 defense, both Schobert and Orchard are stuck without a clear role. Barron and Hayes both have clear roles in Williams's defense. The Browns have a ton of cap room, so it won't bother them to take on Barron's and Hayes's contracts.

Of all of the silly trades in all of the mock drafts I've seen on all of the different team forums on FF, this may be the first (although lets be honest, fairly unlikely to happen) that I actually like. It helps clear cap room for the Rams, brings in young talent from the Browns who no longer fit their defense (especially Orchard) and sends players familiar with Greg Williams' system to the Browns who would bring an immediate and positive impact. Especially Barron.

Crafting a trade in a mock is always like flinging dung against a wall with the knowledge that it likely won't stick. But it's entertaining nonetheless.

I agree that it's very unlikely to happen, and I appreciate the kind words.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Im actually with you on Lewis, he should fall into that range, maybe half a round too early, but if hes the guy you want, you grab him. Its actually Ahkello who I think you are way too early on. I know you have been high on him, he is one of your guys, but I think it is more of a long shot that he hits the upside you see in him. I still think he can do it, but it will take alot more work than some of the other ultra talented CBs we see in this draft. No doubt he is under the radar, and I would like to have him, but he is in that status for a reason. You are taking him in the Top 70 picks. I have him ranked outside my Top 100, more in the 125 group.

But thats really my only thing with this Mock.

I'm taking him where I know I can get him. I don't think NFL teams are blind to his talent. I'll show you with a few gifs:
You dont have to sell me, I like him, actually have him in a mock I have been working on. And I get the concept of grabbing the guy you want when you can, I just agreed with it about Lewis. But because a small reach is understandable, doesnt mean you should over reach for a guy. He should definitely be there with our 4th rounder. Then we are getting to the high end of where most are projecting him with our Comp 4th, and even our 5th. Im not saying he for sure will be there, but alot of places I have seen him ranked outside of the Top 150, or even farther out.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jrry32's First Mock of February Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Trade

I'm just tossing something up against the wall here to see if it sticks. With the Browns moving to a 4-3 defense, both Schobert and Orchard are stuck without a clear role. Barron and Hayes both have clear roles in Williams's defense. The Browns have a ton of cap room, so it won't bother them to take on Barron's and Hayes's contracts.

Of all of the silly trades in all of the mock drafts I've seen on all of the different team forums on FF, this may be the first (although lets be honest, fairly unlikely to happen) that I actually like. It helps clear cap room for the Rams, brings in young talent from the Browns who no longer fit their defense (especially Orchard) and sends players familiar with Greg Williams' system to the Browns who would bring an immediate and positive impact. Especially Barron.

Crafting a trade in a mock is always like flinging dung against a wall with the knowledge that it likely won't stick. But it's entertaining nonetheless.

The Browns already have a good WLB in Kirksey and depth at DE especially if we draft Myles Garrett.

Also Schobert can be back up SLB.

Its not a very good trade for us unless Barron is a good SS. If anything we might just sign TJ McDonald

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Jrry32's First Mock of February Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Trade

The Browns already have a good WLB in Kirksey and depth at DE especially if we draft Myles Garrett.

Also Schobert can be back up SLB.

Its not a very good trade for us unless Barron is a good SS. If anything we might just sign TJ McDonald

You're getting a guy who fits Williams's scheme at WLB and SS (and has played well in that scheme) and a very good rotational DE (solid starter) for a guy who would be a backup at SLB and a guy who has no clear role.

Plus, you aren't exactly hurting for cap room.

Let's say you sign T.J. McDonald too. Here's what you could do with Barron and McDonald:
LDE: Ogbah
NT: Shelton
UT: Bryant
RDE: Garrett
3rd DE: Hayes (with Hayes capable of playing DT on passing downs, and Nassib getting plenty of snaps rotating as well)
WLB: Mark Barron
MLB: Christian Kirksey
SLB: Jamie Collins
LCB: Joe Haden
RCB: Jamar Taylor
FS: ????
SS: T.J. McDonald

Now, your base defense is basically a 4-2-5. Barron is the extra safety. Kirksey and Collins are the two LBs.

It's one thing if you think Schobert is going to be a good LB for y'all, but saying it's a bad deal when you only envision him as a backup SLB just doesn't make much sense to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught up on Witherspoon today and I really like him. Honestly think hes more talented than other long corners like Sidney Jones, Kevin King, and Rasul Douglas.

He isnt too interested in tackling, and could use better ball skills, but everything else is there. Quickness, speed, and instincts. Even when he gives up big plays (rare) he is aways in position to make the play. This CB class is ridiculous.

A guy that I like a lot too is Fabian Moreau UCLA.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Caught up on Witherspoon today and I really like him. Honestly think hes more talented than other long corners like Sidney Jones, Kevin King, and Rasul Douglas.

He isnt too interested in tackling, and could use better ball skills, but everything else is there. Quickness, speed, and instincts. Even when he gives up big plays (rare) he is aways in position to make the play. This CB class is ridiculous.

A guy that I like a lot too is Fabian Moreau UCLA.

Yeah, I'm not a Kevin King fan. I definitely wish Witherspoon played with more physicality, but I agree that the entire skill-set is there otherwise.

His technique will improve. He only has one year of starting experience. That makes me believe that his ball-skills will improve too (the big plays he gives up are normally when he misplays the ball).

I think he's a late-1st round/early-2nd round talent. IMO, he's much better than Awuzie.

And I agree on Moreau. He's an incredible athlete. When you watch him, he's such a smooth mover with NFL size and speed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two rookie corners as our starters? I find it hard to believe that Phillips wouldn't bring in a true veteran cb.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock jrry, I would be fine with this mock. I feel that this would fill the holes witj quality talent.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I’ve written about Chidobe Awuzie numerous times and believe he’ll be a second round choice. Not far behind is fellow Buff corner Ahkello Witherspoon.

Unrated by scouts entering the season, Witherspoon’s ball skills are close to equaling Awuzie’s and he’s taller than his teammate. Fast forty times next week could push him into the initial 75 picks."

-Tony Pauline

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jackson would be a good fit and has matured now.

8 million a year though is probably a bargain for the one very good trick pony though.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
"I’ve written about Chidobe Awuzie numerous times and believe he’ll be a second round choice. Not far behind is fellow Buff corner Ahkello Witherspoon.

Unrated by scouts entering the season, Witherspoon’s ball skills are close to equaling Awuzie’s and he’s taller than his teammate. Fast forty times next week could push him into the initial 75 picks."

-Tony Pauline

He's better than Awuzie imo. Awuzie is more physical, but Ahkello is much more athletic and a better natural cover CB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

-Tony Pauline

He's better than Awuzie imo. Awuzie is more physical, but Ahkello is much more athletic and a better natural cover CB.

I agree 100 percent was mostly pointing out that he is indeed worthy of and should go in the 3rd frame.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

-Tony Pauline

I agree 100 percent was mostly pointing out that he is indeed worthy of and should go in the 3rd frame.

Which kind of sucks. Would have been nice to steal him in the 4th. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

-Tony Pauline

Haha yeah thatd be nice, but I cant see it happening. I went back and finished watching every game he played in (apart from Oregon because its not available) and he can do it all coverage wise. Press man, off man, zone, left corner, right corner. As weve both stated, the ONLY thing is his lack of desire in run support. Which is very interesting because he flashes some serious physicality at moments. Itll be interesting to see what he runs at the combine, but he will definitely be making an appearance in my next mock. The idea of having 2 long corners with those kinds of cover skills is one that could do some serious damage in Wade's scheme.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

-Tony Pauline

Haha yeah thatd be nice, but I cant see it happening. I went back and finished watching every game he played in (apart from Oregon because its not available) and he can do it all coverage wise. Press man, off man, zone, left corner, right corner. As weve both stated, the ONLY thing is his lack of desire in run support. Which is very interesting because he flashes some serious physicality at moments. Itll be interesting to see what he runs at the combine, but he will definitely be making an appearance in my next mock. The idea of having 2 long corners with those kinds of cover skills is one that could do some serious damage in Wade's scheme.

Oh yea. Improve his press technique at the LOS and you have a studly press CB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: