Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In-House Free Agency Decisions: Who Goes and Who Stays
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysFan96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think itll damage Tony's legacy if he goes to another franchise and gets hurt. He'll just be hated even more.

He should take a pay cut and stay with the boys. No risk of injury, and can end up learning how to coach.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysFan96 wrote:
I think itll damage Tony's legacy if he goes to another franchise and gets hurt. He'll just be hated even more.

He should take a pay cut and stay with the boys. No risk of injury, and can end up learning how to coach.

How hated is Romo? Even as an Eagles fan I don't hate him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:

Romo is arguably a top QB in NFL history yet he doesn't get the praise he deserves because he hasn't won a ring.

I also believe he feels like he let the Cowboys fan base down because he's been hurt so much. It will be devastating if he goes to another team as the starter and gets hurt.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysFan96 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:

Romo is arguably a top QB in NFL history yet he doesn't get the praise he deserves because he hasn't won a ring.

I also believe he feels like he let the Cowboys fan base down because he's been hurt so much. It will be devastating if he goes to another team as the starter and gets hurt.

Still waiting on the answer to my question.

You said he was hated. Now you're saying he's underrated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:

In this context, hated and underrated are used interchangeably. When most fans think of Romo, they don't think of a top NFL qb, they think of a choke artist.

In my opinion you are an outlier.

Here are a few articles that prove how Romo is hated around the league if you care to read.

http://www.betus.com.pa/sports-betting/nfl-football/articles/the-dirty-dozen-12-most-hated-players-in-the-nfl/

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/survey-romo-is-seventh-most-disliked-nfl-player-102213

Yes these are articles from 2013, but Romo hasn't played a full season since 2014.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysFan96 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:

In this context, hated and underrated are used interchangeably. When most fans think of Romo, they don't think of a top NFL qb, they think of a choke artist.

In my opinion you are an outlier.

Ahhh alright, so you're saying he gets hated ON. I'd agree he's underrated in the history of NFL QB's and probably always will be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysFan96 wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Bold prediction: Where Romo lands is where you'll see Williams land.

Didn't Williams just get quoted saying he preferred Dak's leadership style over Romo?

Did he? I may have missed that one.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Sanchez- Goodbye

Kellen Moore - I'd bring back cheap for backup insurance, but bring in another QB for competition. Don't want to just hand him the spot.

Darren McFadden - Money permitting, I would like to bring him back.

Lance Dunbar - Has nice gifts, but has never been able to show it consistently. I'd let him go.

Terrance Williams - Pure #2 guy who will probably get much more than he should. Would not even bother.

Brice Butler - Could go either way on him. I would not mind having him back.

Gavin Escobar - Goodbye

Ron Leary - Would love him back, but feel he will be a cap casualty as he will deservedly get a big contract and we won't have the space necessary to compete. We have La'El Collins ready to take over at LG and we still have to give Zack Martin his big deal when we already have a lot invested in Smith and Frederick.

Jack Crawford - Maybe re-sign cheap for his versatility
Terrell McClain - Would be the guy I'd try the most to get back. Key part of the rotation and should be fairly affordable.

Rolando McClain - Yeah right Laughing

Andrew Gachkar - Lean towards letting him go

Justin Durant - For another cheap one year deal, certainly

Brandon Carr - Might be in the minority, but I would try and bring him back if he can be had at a reasonable rate. Has been a steady starter.

Morris Claiborne - Don't care if he comes back. I can't depend on him to stay healthy.

Barry Church - I'm letting him go.

JJ Wilcox - Re-sign.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Mark Sanchez- Goodbye

Kellen Moore - I'd bring back cheap for backup insurance, but bring in another QB for competition. Don't want to just hand him the spot.

Darren McFadden - Money permitting, I would like to bring him back.

Lance Dunbar - Has nice gifts, but has never been able to show it consistently. I'd let him go.

Terrance Williams - Pure #2 guy who will probably get much more than he should. Would not even bother.

Brice Butler - Could go either way on him. I would not mind having him back.

Gavin Escobar - Goodbye

Ron Leary - Would love him back, but feel he will be a cap casualty as he will deservedly get a big contract and we won't have the space necessary to compete. We have La'El Collins ready to take over at LG and we still have to give Zack Martin his big deal when we already have a lot invested in Smith and Frederick.

Jack Crawford - Maybe re-sign cheap for his versatility
Terrell McClain - Would be the guy I'd try the most to get back. Key part of the rotation and should be fairly affordable.

Rolando McClain - Yeah right Laughing

Andrew Gachkar - Lean towards letting him go

Justin Durant - For another cheap one year deal, certainly

Brandon Carr - Might be in the minority, but I would try and bring him back if he can be had at a reasonable rate. Has been a steady starter.

Morris Claiborne - Don't care if he comes back. I can't depend on him to stay healthy.

Barry Church - I'm letting him go.

JJ Wilcox - Re-sign.

That's about where I'm at. We had a decent secondary last year, with no rush. We can't lose all 4 Church, Wilcox, Carr, and Mo. We need to bring back one of the safeties and one of the CBs. Then sign Smite.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden- yes

Dunbar- no

T. Williams- yes

Butler- no

I feel like these are no brainers.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only no-brainers when it comes to Dallas' UFA list are the perennially bad franchises with $30-100M in cap room who are just dying to overpay our guys. Dallas isn't keeping T-Will if some team offers him the Sanu contract, and some websites are projecting him to get a whole lot more than that.

Stephen has basically already said that we're probably not re-signing anyone without letting the market dictate their value first.

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
CowboysFan96 wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Bold prediction: Where Romo lands is where you'll see Williams land.

Didn't Williams just get quoted saying he preferred Dak's leadership style over Romo?

Did he? I may have missed that one.

It's being taken out of context as per usual. People don't understand what it means to quote someone.

He said he likes how Dak is always calm no matter what, and sometimes you have QBs who are happy, or mad, or you don't know what mood they are in, but with Dak it's always calm.

As someone else pointed out he has played more games with Weeden, Cassel, and Moore than with Tony over the last 2 years, and countless other "QBs" before he got here. He literally said QBs(plural) when he was talking.

Yet somehow he's been "quoted" saying he prefers Dak to Romo because of this. It should also be noted that, while he seems like a nice guy, TWill also seems about as smart as a box of hair. He was probably just trying to compliment Dak.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
He was probably just trying to compliment Dak.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bold guys I want to bring back:

Mark Sanchez - Quarterback
Kellen Moore - Quarterback
Darren McFadden - Running Back
Lance Dunbar - Running Back
Terrance Williams - Wide Receiver (though I can see him getting a bigger deal and us looking for a #2 WR in the 1st or 2nd round)
Brice Butler - Wide Receiver
Gavin Escobar - Tight End
Ron Leary - Offensive Guard
Jack Crawford - Defensive Lineman
Terrell McClain - Defensive Tackle (easy. #1 target)
Rolando McClain - Linebacker
Andrew Gachkar - Linebacker
Justin Durant - Linebacker
Brandon Carr - Cornerback (bring him back 1 more year)
Morris Claiborne - Cornerback (but for very little $ on a 1 year deal - if someone offers him higher $, let him walk)
Barry Church - Safety
JJ Wilcox - Safety

-Sanchez sucks. Bring back Moore as a #3 and look for a #2 QB via FA or draft.

-Zeke is getting 90% of the load. Time to move on from McFadden. Keep Morris as the #3 and look for #2 RB via draft or FA.

-Re-sign Williams though if he gets a bigger contract elsewhere, then I really want to look for a #2 WR in the 1st or 2nd round. Butler is trash and I'd rather have Andy Jones in his role. Dez - Williams OR 1st/2nd round pick - Beasley - FA - Jones

-I want Leary back but he'll be expensive. Would rather get that Comp pick for him and lean on Collins' growth at LG.

-Jack Crawford is useless. Let him walk. Terrell McClain needs to be FA priority #1 for us.

-Don't care for Gachkar. Either let him go or sign him cheap as depth. Let Durant walk, and you have Jaylon Smith and Damien Wilson getting bulk of LB snaps out of new guys next year.

-Not the biggest fan of Carr, but bring him back for one additional year while Brown grows AND we hopefully find a CB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th to lean on next year. Claiborne's injuries are just too much. I'd bring him back on a cheap 1 year deal, but if some other team swoops in and throws some cash at him, let him walk.

-Finally we get to move on from JJ Wilcox, hopefully. I'm ready to see what Kavon Frazier can do. I think Barry Church is decent, but I'd rather save that money and find someone else to play opposite of Jones.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion -

These guys will be too expensive and out of reach

Leary
TWill
Church

Not wanted back most likely

GEscobar
BButler

Reasonable contracts

JJWilcox
KMoore

50/50

Mo
Carr
McClaine DT

I think Dallas will draft/sign FA WR with speed and let both Butler and TWill walk
BQB is cemented in stone with KMoore
Dallas will re-sign one of Carr n Mo and draft another CB to go with ABrown, Scandy
Heath and Frazier will step in & up for Church and Wilcox along with another draft pick
McClaine may be too expensive with Thorton and TCrawford at DT
Dallas already has Witten, Swaim and Bigfoot (RGathers) at TE along with an injured Hanna so GEscobar is gone gone
Leary will finally get his $ and a secure starting spot somewhere else

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: