Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Del Rio getting a new 4 year deal!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Del Rio getting a new 4 year deal! Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785335/article/raiders-give-jack-del-rio-fouryear-extension

Earned.

The guy has ice water in his veins.

I remember when we all thought it was a vanilla hire. It's worked out pretty well thus far.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel Ok about it.He has provided good leadership. Carr is definitely Making him look great. He's a defensive coach and his lack of success on the defensive side is kind of concerning.
dmac505

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still not completely sold on him. Like him, dont know if i love him as our HC yet
He made some big time calls this year, most of them turned out great for us... so it makes sense he gets rewarded.
I wonder how our season would have turned out if that Fade to Crab wasnt caught against new orleans.

Regardless, he had the attitude needed to change the direction of the team. Let the young players go out there and make plays.

Want him to take more responsibility on the D.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has done a good job so far but appears to be a little to lax with the players. Maybe he handles things a little different behind closed doors. He has proven to be good enough to get us back to the playoffs but I personally do not have a lot of faith in his ability to win a championship. I hope I am wrong and he is right about his coaching choices and philosophies. No matter what he is my coach now.
reddevil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy with this. Although there are question marks, what I do like is the positivity he has instilled. I remember watching him wired up during a game and he kept trying to keep the players relaxed and positive during the game even after they had made a mistake. I think the players respond to it and respect the guy too. Good to have some consistency moving forward as well.
G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time a RAIDERS HC got an extension? Gruden was traded and we're a coaching carousel after him so?!? Bueller? Bueller?
Art got two chances but not an extension. Madden retired before one didn't he? I can't think of any to be honest.
STABILITY and if Broncos can win a SB with Kubiak then Del Rio can with our team!
Congrats JDR
G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing double... Rolling Eyes
mct288

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've said this here before, or it could have been somewhere else:

My deal with Del Rio is that I do really like him as HC. As far as oversight of all units, all 53 players and coaches, I think he is pretty solid. What worries me is that I do not like his defensive philosophy so much. With him being a defensive minded coach, the Raiders won't be getting any good, creative DC's under JDR, as those guys work with offensive minded head coaches. I just fear we are going to be stuck in this loop of inconsistent D for several more years.

I kinda think this is why so many of us (including me) are excited about hiring an assistant HC in Pagano, when that type of hire usually comes with no fanfare.

Even with those concerns, I do believe that JDR has earned this extension.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mct288 wrote:
I think I've said this here before, or it could have been somewhere else:

My deal with Del Rio is that I do really like him as HC. As far as oversight of all units, all 53 players and coaches, I think he is pretty solid. What worries me is that I do not like his defensive philosophy so much. With him being a defensive minded coach, the Raiders won't be getting any good, creative DC's under JDR, as those guys work with offensive minded head coaches. I just fear we are going to be stuck in this loop of inconsistent D for several more years.

I kinda think this is why so many of us (including me) are excited about hiring an assistant HC in Pagano, when that type of hire usually comes with no fanfare.

Even with those concerns, I do believe that JDR has earned this extension.
Pagano's title is assistant HC defense, who will be working with KNJ on this defense, so I don't know what you mean when you say that.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhhhh

Don't love it, don't hate it. JDR is kind of what I was expecting. An alright coach. He's a much better motivator than I gave him credit for though. Was hoping for him to be a stepping stone coach that we'd outgrow in 3 years. We grew too fast though and now I'm afraid he's going to continue to coast on our talent. Really disappointed with our defenses under him. I like him as a person, just not sure he's "the guy".
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ehhhhh

Don't love it, don't hate it. JDR is kind of what I was expecting. An alright coach. He's a much better motivator than I gave him credit for though. Was hoping for him to be a stepping stone coach that we'd outgrow in 3 years. We grew too fast though and now I'm afraid he's going to continue to coast on our talent. Really disappointed with our defenses under him. I like him as a person, just not sure he's "the guy".

EXACTLY how I feel. He seems like the guy who will make the same mistake over and over. Discipline is severely lacking on this team as well.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't undersell the importance of leadership, and confidence from an NFL HC. Jack sets the tone for the entire team. The players have fully bought in, along with ownership/management. 3-13, 7-9, 12-4. About as good as we could have hoped for.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't undersell the importance of leadership, and confidence from a franchise QB. Carr sets the tone for the entire team. The players have fully bought in, along with ownership/management. 3-13, 7-9, 12-4. About as good as we could have hoped for.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
You can't undersell the importance of leadership, and confidence from a franchise QB. Carr sets the tone for the entire team. The players have fully bought in, along with ownership/management. 3-13, 7-9, 12-4. About as good as we could have hoped for.

The Chargers, and Saints wouldn't disappoint year after year if having a franchise QB was all that mattered.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

The Chargers, and Saints wouldn't disappoint year after year if having a franchise QB was all that mattered.

You have 2 accounts now?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: