Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

Let the Ripping apart commence!!!

Current Cap: 9.8 Million

Cuts:
DE Connor Barwin (7.75)
RB Ryan Matthews (4)
C Jason Kelce (3.8 )
CB Ron Brooks (1.6)
DE Marcus Smith (1.5)

Proj Cap: 26 Million

Restructure:
LT Jason Peters (4.7)
Restructuring Peters would be smart for both the eagles and for Peters. Doing so free's up almost 5 million in Cap this year and also gives Peters Guaranteed money next year as well. and would allow the eagles an extra year to draft an OT.

Proj Cap: 30.7 Million

Re-Sign

DT Bennie Logan 5 year/36 Million (5 Million)
LB Najee Goode 3 Years/5 Million (1 Million)
TE Trey Burton 5 year/22 Million (3 Million)

Proj Cap: 21.7 Million

Free Agency:

G Chance Warmack 4 years/18 Million (3 Million)

CB Dre Kirkpatrick 5 years/57 Million (8 Million)

WR Kenny Stills 6 Year/72 Million (9.5 Million)

Draft:

Trade Down w/ TEN for there 1st and 3rd
1st: WR Corey Davis

2nd: DE Takkarist Mckinley

Trade 3rd and a 4th w/ CLE for there 1st pick in the 3rd

3rd: CB Jourdan Lewis

Ten 3rd: WR Dede Westbrook

4th: OT Dion Dawkins

5th: ILB Kendall Beckwith

6th: RB James Conner

7th: OLB Brandon Bell
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man a whole weekend and no ripping eh?

Anywho...I think restructuring Jason Peters is a mistake as it just makes him harder to cut in future years when he might actually have that drop off in play.

While I like adding Kirkpatrick I actually think he may come cheaper. Contract aside I do believe that we still need another outside CB to pair with him. Jourdan Lewis for me has the mae-up of a slot CB and I question whether he has the ability to start on the outside, especially in year 1.

I love adding a DE early in McKinley and the commitment to the WRs is nice to see (although maybe overkill).

By cutting Ryan Mathews you leave our RB situation with Sproles in his final year, Smallwood in year 2, and UDFAs Barner, Marshall, and Watson. Somewhat bleak. I think if you added a RB in the 3rd instead of Westbrook it would have a much bigger impact on the offense.

I feel like cutting Kelce and not bringing back Wisnewski would be a mistake. While I think Seumalo can excel at center I think an experienced back-up would be a wise move.

Overall I think its a solid B. You filled the large holes on our roster (WR/CB) and even added some nice depth pieces at underrated positions (DE/OL). The big weakness in this mock is cutting current starters (Mathews/Kelce) and not not adding to the position in any way (sans Conner who IMO is a wildcard).

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
magross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Man a whole weekend and no ripping eh?

Anywho...I think restructuring Jason Peters is a mistake as it just makes him harder to cut in future years when he might actually have that drop off in play.

While I like adding Kirkpatrick I actually think he may come cheaper. Contract aside I do believe that we still need another outside CB to pair with him. Jourdan Lewis for me has the mae-up of a slot CB and I question whether he has the ability to start on the outside, especially in year 1.

I love adding a DE early in McKinley and the commitment to the WRs is nice to see (although maybe overkill).

By cutting Ryan Mathews you leave our RB situation with Sproles in his final year, Smallwood in year 2, and UDFAs Barner, Marshall, and Watson. Somewhat bleak. I think if you added a RB in the 3rd instead of Westbrook it would have a much bigger impact on the offense.

I feel like cutting Kelce and not bringing back Wisnewski would be a mistake. While I think Seumalo can excel at center I think an experienced back-up would be a wise move.

Overall I think its a solid B. You filled the large holes on our roster (WR/CB) and even added some nice depth pieces at underrated positions (DE/OL). The big weakness in this mock is cutting current starters (Mathews/Kelce) and not not adding to the position in any way (sans Conner who IMO is a wildcard).

Restructuring Jason Peters allows an extra year to look at OT for next, There's more higher caliber OT coming out next year.

Kirkpatrick made 7 Million this year, hes in the top 5 FA CB's so i think his value is 8-10 Million

Jourdan Lewis has been undervalued his whole career, Proved at michigan and he'd prove it in the NFL he can play outside, and move mills inside.

Can never have too many pass rushers.

WRs would give us 4 solid WR's:

Stills big contract young can grow with Wentz, good and hasn't hit his prime

Davis start outside even though most project him in the slot.

Matthews, Realistically could be gone at the end of the contract so getting Dede a great talent who will be available end of 2nd middle of 3rd fits perfect. would give us 2 Speedsters and 1 Possesion/Route Runner if matthews leaves

RB i dont like any prospects this year except Cook, I think Cook will be gone before eagles pick. I'd be interested to give smallwood and sproles and conner would be a good 3rd and short, played well at pitt. the splits this year. then draft a RB next year, more Depth at the position and better positional players.

Wisnewski i think would of cost too much, and chance warmack i believe has better upside.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Restructuring Jason Peters allows an extra year to look at OT for next, There's more higher caliber OT coming out next year.

Kirkpatrick made 7 Million this year, hes in the top 5 FA CB's so i think his value is 8-10 Million

Jourdan Lewis has been undervalued his whole career, Proved at michigan and he'd prove it in the NFL he can play outside, and move mills inside.

Can never have too many pass rushers.

WRs would give us 4 solid WR's:

Stills big contract young can grow with Wentz, good and hasn't hit his prime

Davis start outside even though most project him in the slot.

Matthews, Realistically could be gone at the end of the contract so getting Dede a great talent who will be available end of 2nd middle of 3rd fits perfect. would give us 2 Speedsters and 1 Possesion/Route Runner if matthews leaves

RB i dont like any prospects this year except Cook, I think Cook will be gone before eagles pick. I'd be interested to give smallwood and sproles and conner would be a good 3rd and short, played well at pitt. the splits this year. then draft a RB next year, more Depth at the position and better positional players.

Wisnewski i think would of cost too much, and chance warmack i believe has better upside.

Restructuring Peters doesn't buy you another year, it gives you cap space this year at the expense of next season. With his restructure his contract next season balloons over 15 mil and it will cost us 5.5 million to cut him next season instead of 1 million.

You're not wrong with kirkpatrick, the problem is that there's a ton of fish in the FA market at CB. Its not worth the debate because thats the contract he should get, I just think because of the market this year he'll take less.

Thats shocking that you don't like any RBs this year when this is widely considered a great year for RB prospects. Guys like Marlon Mack, Wayne Gallman, Donta Foreman, and Samaje Perine could all probably be had in the 3rd. Its just a precarious position considering our depth chart.

Wisnewski cost us a mil and a half last year as a part-time, back-up player. How much of a raise do you really think he'll get? 2mil? 3 mil? I like the addition of Warmack but again, my issue is with our Center depth being Seumalo and Josh "I took one snap all year" Andrews

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: