You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Reese FA History

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Jerry Reese FA History Reply with quote

There have been a few stories this week about how big of an impact Janoris Jenkins and Snacks Harrison have had. We all know how big of a haul last offseason was but it got me thinking about Jerry Reese's best acquisitions from his entire tenure. Obviously, this can be a bit subjective but here is my list (just ordered by year):

1. Michael Boley
2. Chris Canty
3. Antrel Rolle
4. Martellus Bennett
5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
6. Shane Vereen
7. Jonathan Casillas
8. Janoris Jenkins
9. Damon Harrison
10. Olivier Vernon

Reese's arguably best three acquisitions (9 offseasons) all came in the same year. It really puts into perspective how impressive last offseason was.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What this shows me is that he goes for a quality signing on the defense side of the ball. I mean, Boley, Rolle, Canty, DRC, Casillas, Snacks, OV, JackRabitt...all were quality defensive players for us and helping us win a SB.

Sadly, that's one of the reasons why the offense now looks like it struggles the way it does but if Reese's past/history tells us anything it's that he will sign a defensive player this offseason because I don't believe we will Re-Sign JPP. I think everyone will sit down and think investing 34 mil per season on OV and JPP is too much and we can use that money elsewhere. I mean for 17 mil a season we can go out and get Reiff to play LT and Leary to play RG so we can move Flowers to RT.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: