Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Detroit Lions Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
Could probably get Hankins on a one year deal. They have some money to play with it's just a matter of how much will it take to get him to come for one year.
I'd rather just sign him long term deal. He's a good player and with a longer deal you can lower the year 1 cap hit just a little bit to make it more affordable.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Hankins. He still has upside. He is young and very talented. Not to many 320 pound DT can register sacks like he can. He is going to command around 10 per year and that is acceptable for his talent. It would be an expensive piece but at 24 you can build you D-Line around him and Ansah and Robinson. Draft a good DE and LB then CB and we would have a very complete D. But the money is a ton and it would handicap any additional FA signings. All in all I would pull the trigger and give him a shot.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders trying to get Marshawn Lynch. I hope this happens. One less suitor for AP.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
AP never had a QB to play with that helped take defenders out of the box or could take advantage of it when they stacked the box.

wellllll... AP did play with Favre on the Vikings in 2009 and we were in the NFC Championship game. where AP fumbled several times, including on the goal line.

we lost by 3.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
AP never had a QB to play with that helped take defenders out of the box or could take advantage of it when they stacked the box.

wellllll... AP did play with Favre on the Vikings in 2009 and we were in the NFC Championship game. where AP fumbled several times, including on the goal line.

we lost by 3.

I stand by my statement. A 41 year old Favre was not a great threat and those boxes were still stacked. They had a good team and his fumbles hurt, but in general he was all the Vikings had on offense since they traded away Moss. He did a lot with not much around him.
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

we lost by 3.

Funny how fans like to point out a players short comings when he is gone but when he is with the team no one mentions the fumbles.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I feel about AP possibly signing with the Lions. A very small part of me is intrigued if he has anything left at all, most of me doesn't want to touch him and would love to draft a RB in the 3rd rd.

Sig by El Ramster
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:
Could probably get Hankins on a one year deal. They have some money to play with it's just a matter of how much will it take to get him to come for one year.
I'd rather just sign him long term deal. He's a good player and with a longer deal you can lower the year 1 cap hit just a little bit to make it more affordable.

I said one year because absent a long contract he'd undoubtedly want just a one year deal. That way he can make big money on a long term contract next year assuming he was productive. I think this makes sense because he's only 26. Not sure he'd go for it but as free agency drags on, the less likely he is going to get the 10 million annual he wants. Especially not in a year featuring a ton of defensive prospects.
mijags

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather they didn't go after AP.......old, nothing in the tank, apparently couldn't pass a physical in seattle...

Gimme a Samaje Perine, Wayne Gallman or even Mixon.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
I'd rather they didn't go after AP.......old, nothing in the tank, apparently couldn't pass a physical in seattle...

Gimme a Samaje Perine, Wayne Gallman or even Mixon.

Still not sure what people are basing this on. If he can't pass a physical, than so be it, but if he is cleared, he has done nothing to show he doesn't have anything left. And just because you get AP, doesn't mean you can't draft a RB as well.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit resigned Armonty Bryant.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it was mentioned before but Theo Riddick had surgery on both of his wrists near the end of the season. Hopefully this isn't something that lingers...
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
Perhaps it was mentioned before but Theo Riddick had surgery on both of his wrists near the end of the season. Hopefully this isn't something that lingers...

They are predicting he'll be back at training camp, but he most likely won't be 100% all season. With Abdullah also coming back from injury, RB is a need.

Sig by El Ramster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: