Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Detroit Lions Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are everyone's thoughts on pursuing a running back in free agency? Still some big names out there albeit they are they are generally older. Lacy had to sign a one year prove-it deal so I wonder how that is going to effect the other guys i.e. Peterson, Murray, and Charles.

Should they go after one of those guys or stick with Reddick, Abdullah, Washington, and Zenner?
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on pursuing a running back in free agency? Still some big names out there albeit they are they are generally older. Lacy had to sign a one year prove-it deal so I wonder how that is going to effect the other guys i.e. Peterson, Murray, and Charles.

Should they go after one of those guys or stick with Reddick, Abdullah, Washington, and Zenner?

Lacy weighed in at 267 and got a 1 year 5.5M dollar deal with Seattle... whereas AP left without a contract. There's something we don't know about AP. He's not passing a physical or he's asking much more than that 5.5M if that's what Seattle signed fat boy for.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to draft D. Foreman out of Texas in the 3rd. I think that he could be a Blount clone only with more speed. He would do great behind this powerful o line we are building. Thoughts?
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
I would like to draft D. Foreman out of Texas in the 3rd. I think that he could be a Blount clone only with more speed. He would do great behind this powerful o line we are building. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I think Foreman is a bit of fools gold. He doesn't run for the power his body says he should. He skips around too much instead of just running people over. That's a pretty hard thing to break someone of this late in his football career, since mentally, that's what kind of runner he thinks he is. I'd pass.

LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Unfortunately, I think Foreman is a bit of fools gold. He doesn't run for the power his body says he should. He skips around too much instead of just running people over. That's a pretty hard thing to break someone of this late in his football career, since mentally, that's what kind of runner he thinks he is. I'd pass.

And he's a crappy blocker.

Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

I'd love Foreman in a Lions jersey.
Bo Dangles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to throw out a controversial player here that could help tremendously if he pulls his head out:

Josh Gordon

I know, the guy has been a tire fire the past couple years. However, I've got to believe that we could get him for next to nothing or with a heavily incentive laden deal. If he gets himself right and becomes eligible to play again we essentially got ourselves a top 5-10 talent at WR. If not, we cut him. He also happens to be the type of receiver this team lacks. Again, I know his issues but it could be a shrewd move.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Dangles wrote:
I'm going to throw out a controversial player here that could help tremendously if he pulls his head out:

Josh Gordon

I know, the guy has been a tire fire the past couple years. However, I've got to believe that we could get him for next to nothing or with a heavily incentive laden deal. If he gets himself right and becomes eligible to play again we essentially got ourselves a top 5-10 talent at WR. If not, we cut him. He also happens to be the type of receiver this team lacks. Again, I know his issues but it could be a shrewd move.

Trading for someone who we don't know will every play another down in the NFL isn't what I would call a shrewd move.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Bo Dangles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Bo Dangles wrote:

Josh Gordon

Trading for someone who we don't know will every play another down in the NFL isn't what I would call a shrewd move.

Isn't Gordon a restricted free agent? I may be wrong but isn't the worst case scenario that Browns match the offer and he stays in Cleveland. I don't think we lose anything if they decide not to match the offer or am I incorrect?
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Dangles wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Bo Dangles wrote:

Josh Gordon

Isn't Gordon a restricted free agent? I may be wrong but isn't the worst case scenario that Browns match the offer and he stays in Cleveland. I don't think we lose anything if they decide not to match the offer or am I incorrect?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-gordon-11012/
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have $$ to get someone like Hightower?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Do we have $$ to get someone like Hightower?

No, or at least extremely unlikely.

Think I read we've got somewhere around $8.5M left in cap space.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about going after Latavius Murray? I knew he had the 1 good yr for Oakland but wasn't sure on last yr.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free agent G/C Tim Lelito is visiting the Lions on Wednesday.

A 13-game starter at left guard in 2015, Lelito was sent back to the bench last season, making just seven spot starts. He has position versatility, as Lelito played left guard, right tackle, and center last year. In 2015, Lelito was Pro Football Focus' No. 7-ranked run-blocking guard out of 82 qualifiers.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/842004681303986176
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you know... we can't have enough OL when you have a defense like we do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: