Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Detroit Lions Offseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: 2017 Detroit Lions Offseason Reply with quote

Current Cap Space: $19,682,588

Current Free Agents:

Anquan Boldin WR 36
Tyrunn Walker DT 26
Rafael Bush FS 29
Dan Orlovsky QB 33
Jon Bostic ILB 25
Clay Harbor TE 29
Matthew MulliganTE 32
Tim Wright TE 26
Andre Roberts WR 29
Josh Bynes OLB 27
Joique Bell RB 30
Asa Jackson CB 27
Crezdon Butler CB 29
Devin Taylor DE 27
Armonty Bryant OLB 26

Signings:

LB Paul Worrilow
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/03/08/lions-agree-terms-ex-falcons-lb-paul-worrilow/98928284/

Quote:
Worrilow led the Falcons in tackles a third straight year in 2015, but still lost his starting job last season to second-round pick Deion Jones. He continued to be a major special teams contributor on the Super Bowl runner-up.

In Detroit, Worrilow provides immediate depth and could challenge for playing time on an underwhelming linebacker group. He’ll also bolster the team’s already strong special teams units.

T Ricky Wagner

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/03/08/ricky-wagner-detroit-lions/98904856/

Quote:
The Lions, looking to both upgrade their running game and better protect quarterback Matthew Stafford, targeted Wagner as a replacement for Riley Reiff on their young but emerging offensive line.

Wagner, a three-year starter with the Baltimore Ravens who doesn't turn 28 until October, was considered the top right tackle on the market, and the Wisconsin native found allure in returning to the Midwest and reuniting with Lions coach Jim Caldwell, his offensive coordinator his rookie season.

DE Cornelius Washington

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-sign-unrestricted-free-agent-DE-Cornelius-Washington/b78ad0e4-1cc2-48fa-aa13-2b7e2f94dcbe

Quote:
Washington (6-4, 292) comes to Detroit after beginning his NFL career with the Chicago Bears (2013-16). He recorded 20 tackles (14 solo), two sacks, one pass defense and two tackles for loss in the 15 games he played (two starts) last season.

Contract: two-year, $6 million deal

DE Akeem Spence

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/lions-akeem-spence-signs-with-detroit/

Quote:
Not a star in his own right, Spence is still a solid addition to an up-and-coming Lions defensive line; at the very least, he'll be a quality rotational piece in DC Teryl Austin's 4-3 system. His signing likely means Tyrunn Walker and/or Stefan Charles won't be coming back to Detroit.

Contract: three-year, $9 million contract

TE Darren Fells

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/03/lions_reportedly_land_darren_f.html
Quote:
Fells, who stands a towering 6-foot-7 and 281 pounds, ranked third among the league's tight ends last year as a pass blocker according to ProFootballFocus. He's also been a good run blocker in his career, though PFF ranked him 17th last season.

Resignings

LS Don Mulbach
DE Brandon Copeland
DT Khyri Thorton
DE Kerry Hyder

Departures

G Larry Warford (Saints)
RT Reilly Reiff (Vikings)
LB DeAndre Levy (Released)
DT Stefon Charles (Jags)

Last edited by TimeForChange on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 pm; edited 9 times in total
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Warford will not give hometown discount.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Where-offensive-line-stands-heading-into-offseason/e3615753-53f5-4ced-97b3-f2ea86ff5a3d

Quote:
I mean, I’ve got my family to think about too,” said Warford, who is getting married this offseason, about his future in Detroit right after the season concluded earlier this month. “Starting a family is awesome, and that factors in.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin contemplating retirement.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/02/03/detroit-lions-anquan-boldin/97469706/
Quote:
"I have a long time to consider that," Boldin said. "That's something that I’ll take my time with."
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions sign Milligan

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/02/09/lions-sign-safety-rolan-milligan/97704810/

Quote:
An undrafted rookie out of Toledo, Milligan signed with the Dallas Cowboys last May. He was placed on injured reserve with an undisclosed injury in early August and released with an injury settlement a week later. He did not appear in a preseason game.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Sounds like Warford will not give hometown discount.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Where-offensive-line-stands-heading-into-offseason/e3615753-53f5-4ced-97b3-f2ea86ff5a3d

Quote:
I mean, I’ve got my family to think about too,” said Warford, who is getting married this offseason, about his future in Detroit right after the season concluded earlier this month. “Starting a family is awesome, and that factors in.

Saying anything different hurts you at the bargaining table.

Not saying he will take a discount, and from the sounds of it Quinn isn't aiming to resign him, but this by itself doesn't mean much to me.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lose Warford and Reif that is fine because we a the mighty Lions and we always land on our feet.

Sorry about that my delusions were spilling onto the screen.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warford isn't coming back, I would expect them to make a decent offer for Reiff but there are decent odds that he at least tests the market.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh I'm more comfortable rolling with Laken at RG, Graham at LG and not spending the money that he will get on the market. Reiff, however, needs to come back. He's the captain on our OL and is better than credit given around here. Unfortunately, I think a team will pick him up as a LT which means more money for him.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will link later but looks as if Orlovsky will not be back/retired. Not surprising.
Lions017

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Tbh I'm more comfortable rolling with Laken at RG, Graham at LG and not spending the money that he will get on the market. Reiff, however, needs to come back. He's the captain on our OL and is better than credit given around here. Unfortunately, I think a team will pick him up as a LT which means more money for him.

I think that he's more important too. Guards aren't as hard to find as tackles are. I'm alright with having Tomlinson and a veteran or mid-round pick compete at RG next year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

This is where I am as well. As good as Warford is, we have guys in place that I am comfortable with moving forward. RT is another issue. We are not as deep at tackle and Reiff has been better than some will give him credit for. I hope we can retain him reasonably.

Sig by El Ramster
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The Lions let me know they're going in a different direction with Jake Rudock as backup to Matthew (Stafford)," Orlovsky said Thursday morning on SiriusXM.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/02/dan_orlovsky_officially_done_i.html#incart_river_index

All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Quote:
"The Lions let me know they're going in a different direction with Jake Rudock as backup to Matthew (Stafford)," Orlovsky said Thursday morning on SiriusXM.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/02/dan_orlovsky_officially_done_i.html#incart_river_index

Laughing Applause

Sig by El Ramster
Lions017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who else they will bring in to compete at QB. I don't see Rudock just being handed the backup role like that. Will it be a veteran or an UDFA?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that Reid gets tagged this year with this being a weak draft for Oline.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: