You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Detroit Lions Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lions017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlitzKarma wrote:
It's possible that Reid gets tagged this year with this being a weak draft for Oline.

Reiff? Eh, I'm not sure. He's just an average player, and while we do have a lot of cap space, you don't want to pay him elite money for average production even if we do have money to play with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlitzKarma wrote:
It's possible that Reid gets tagged this year with this being a weak draft for Oline.
If they're willing to pay the money for the franchise tag then they might as well just give him a long term contract at less money per year.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/02/16/detroit-lions-jake-rudock-dan-orlovsky/97989968/

Just an update with a link. No surprises here.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
BlitzKarma wrote:

Reiff? Eh, I'm not sure. He's just an average player, and while we do have a lot of cap space, you don't want to pay him elite money for average production even if we do have money to play with.
What would be the franchise tag price for Reiff? No way we should pay that amount because I don't think he is a top 5 player at the position.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another rumor:

http://det.247sports.com/Bolt/Spotrac-Lions-could-be-eying-AJ-Bouye-in-free-agency-51306757

Quote:
Pairing Darius Slay with Bouye would be an interesting move for the team considering the abilities of both. The piece also implies that the Lions could choose to spend on a cornerback while improving their pass rush through the NFL Draft.
ahoda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Another rumor:

http://det.247sports.com/Bolt/Spotrac-Lions-could-be-eying-AJ-Bouye-in-free-agency-51306757

Quote:
Pairing Darius Slay with Bouye would be an interesting move for the team considering the abilities of both. The piece also implies that the Lions could choose to spend on a cornerback while improving their pass rush through the NFL Draft.

I'd be OK with that. DL and LB are the 2 main spots we need to improve
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Another rumor:

Quote:
Bouye doesn't fit their athletic metrics. If they go after an expensive CB expect it to be Stephon Gilmore

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/834865495379689473

Signed T Pierce Burton
WE-R-Lions

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if we picked up Michael Floyd to replace Boldin, He's only 27 and would come at a reasonable price.

Heck, he mite even turn out to be a better than Marvin Jones?? Who is also 27. (that we over paid for).
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE-R-Lions wrote:
I wouldn't mind if we picked up Michael Floyd to replace Boldin, He's only 27 and would come at a reasonable price.

Heck, he mite even turn out to be a better than Marvin Jones?? Who is also 27. (that we over paid for).

Based on what? Floyd hasn't shown anything at the NFL level, and has off field concerns as well.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about going for Sheldon Richardson

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini reiterated New York will "almost certainly" try to trade DE Sheldon Richardson over the next couple weeks.

Richardson is a man without a position in New York. Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams are the Jets' top two 3-4 ends, and coach Todd Bowles was forced to move Richardson around, giving him some reps at linebacker. He's a three-technique defensive lineman and one of the better interior pass rushers in the league. The Jets will likely try to get a first-rounder in return, but ultimately may have to settle for a day-two pick. Richardson has one year left on his contract at $8.069 million, which becomes guaranteed March 9.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/66947/subtracting-sheldon-richardson-would-be-addition-for-jets-d-line

give up a 3rd for him?
WE-R-Lions

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
WE-R-Lions wrote:

Based on what? Floyd hasn't shown anything at the NFL level, and has off field concerns as well.

Years 2013-15 he scored 17 TD's, avg over 900 Yd's per year, avg over 16 Yd's per catch and only fumbled once. and like I sad above would come at a reasonable price. I understand the baggage but that could motivate him to prove himself.

I'm just saying I would kick the tiers and see.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE-R-Lions wrote:

I think Marvin Jones has been great for us. In the beginning of the season, he lit teams up until they started respecting him and game planned to eliminate his production. He opened up the field for us, and took advantage of times he wasn't over-covered.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
BlitzKarma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
BlitzKarma wrote:
If they're willing to pay the money for the franchise tag then they might as well just give him a long term contract at less money per year.

I would like to see the Lions put the the non exclusive original round tag on Reid. I think that is the average of the top 15 OT's averaged over the last 5years. But, it allows Reid to test free agency and bring back his best deal. The Lions would get the chance to match the offer. If they choose not to match, since Reid was a 1st round pick, we would get the other teams 1st round pick.

And given the dearth of OT's in this year's draft, some team in the late 20's might view Reid as being better than any OT in this draft and be willing to give up a 1st for him.
WE-R-Lions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
WE-R-Lions wrote:

I think Marvin Jones has been great for us. In the beginning of the season, he lit teams up until they started respecting him and game planned to eliminate his production. He opened up the field for us, and took advantage of times he wasn't over-covered.

I'm not saying Marvin J is a bad player...overpaid but not bad, I was trying to say Floyd could end up being just as good or better, but cost less. and give us weapon to replace Boldin at a reasonable cost.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: