You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible Free Agents to consider
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Possible Free Agents to consider Reply with quote

http://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/lions/five-free-agents-who-could-help-the-detroit-lions-in-2017/

1. Donta Hightower LB
2. Zach Brown LB
3. Abry Jones DT
4. Jabaal Sheard DE
5. Tyrelle Pryor WR

What are your thoughts on these 5?

I would like to add someone like Hightower but someone like Pryor is a garbage time stat padding WR.
dmudd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abry Jones is an intresting guy and could be cheap.
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A playmaking LB and a penetrating DT. Don't care how it happens, but we need it.
Lions017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Pryor is a good player that will actually get even better as he accumulates more experience playing WR. I just don't think that he's a fit. We are already paying decent money to our #1 and #2 receivers, and Pryor is at least getting #2 wideout money.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams just got released by the dolphins and I think that he still has some left in the tank. If we don't nab him NE will and he will go in there and dominate and win a superbowl. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the Eagles cut Mychal Kendricks, I think hed be a good pick up

another low move would be Luke Willson
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
Mario Williams just got released by the dolphins and I think that he still has some left in the tank. If we don't nab him NE will and he will go in there and dominate and win a superbowl. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him.

Mario couldn't hack it on one of the best DLs in the NFL lining up next to a guy that makes everybody's job next to him easier. He's done.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Possible Free Agents to consider Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
http://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/lions/five-free-agents-who-could-help-the-detroit-lions-in-2017/

1. Donta Hightower LB
2. Zach Brown LB
3. Abry Jones DT
4. Jabaal Sheard DE
5. Tyrelle Pryor WR

I would like to add someone like Hightower but someone like Pryor is a garbage time stat padding WR.

A lot of people said that about Calvin, too.

TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible Free Agents to consider Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:

1. Donta Hightower LB
2. Zach Brown LB
3. Abry Jones DT
4. Jabaal Sheard DE
5. Tyrelle Pryor WR

A lot of people said that about Calvin, too.
Comparing apples to oranges.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Mario couldn't hack it on one of the best DLs in the NFL lining up next to a guy that makes everybody's job next to him easier. He's done.
He just wasn't a good fit for the Dolphins. If we invest in DT then signing Mario wouldn't be a terrible move IMO. With Ansah and a strong DT front then Williams could thrive in our system.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
I think that Pryor is a good player that will actually get even better as he accumulates more experience playing WR. I just don't think that he's a fit. We are already paying decent money to our #1 and #2 receivers, and Pryor is at least getting #2 wideout money.
Don't get the Pryor love. Some reports coming out that he is a little bit of a Diva and I do believe statistically he only performed in garbage time. His first quarter stats or in close games he disappeared.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
Don't get the Pryor love. Some reports coming out that he is a little bit of a Diva and I do believe statistically he only performed in garbage time. His first quarter stats or in close games he disappeared.

A lot of people said that about apples, too.

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

A lot of people said that about apples, too.
right, if you watch him play he's actually good.

The entire Browns season was garbage time, so of course he produced in garbage time. And look at what he had at QB...garbage. It doesn't really matter though, Cleveland is going to re-sign him anyway

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

He just wasn't a good fit for the Dolphins. If we invest in DT then signing Mario wouldn't be a terrible move IMO. With Ansah and a strong DT front then Williams could thrive in our system.

He played in a wide 9 which couldn't make it any easier on a DE and also plays next to Suh and Wake. The thing about DLs are, it doesn't really matter what scheme you're in, your job is almost always 'get to the quarterback'. If he comes here, his job will be 'get to the quarterback'. What's the difference other than he'll be a higher focus on our DL since we don't have two elite players to take all of the focus like Miami does?

And what's your excuse for him in Buffalo the year prior? He had 38 sacks in his first 3 seasons but only had 5 in his fourth and final year? You can't blame scheme for that one. Same coaches. Same surrounding talent. Only difference was a guy who just didn't have it anymore. And he proved that by following up with 1.5 sacks last year in 13 games played.

He's done and can't help us.

TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

He played in a wide 9 which couldn't make it any easier on a DE and also plays next to Suh and Wake. The thing about DLs are, it doesn't really matter what scheme you're in, your job is almost always 'get to the quarterback'. If he comes here, his job will be 'get to the quarterback'. What's the difference other than he'll be a higher focus on our DL since we don't have two elite players to take all of the focus like Miami does?

And what's your excuse for him in Buffalo the year prior? He had 38 sacks in his first 3 seasons but only had 5 in his fourth and final year? You can't blame scheme for that one. Same coaches. Same surrounding talent. Only difference was a guy who just didn't have it anymore. And he proved that by following up with 1.5 sacks last year in 13 games played.

He's done and can't help us.
There is a lot of he said/he said in his last year in Buffalo and repeated questions of his work ethic in Miami. After reading a little more into it seems like his last year in Buffalo was full of excuses against Ryan and what was being done with the defense. Then in Miami his work ethic was being questioned.

[img]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/01/unnamed-of-course-bill-mario-williams-has-totally-checked-out/[/img]

https://buffalonews.com/2016/10/22/continuing-decline-mario-williams/

I think all the physical tools are still there but maybe mentally he has checked out. Maybe if he was in the right system he would be fully invested but I wouldn't take a chance.

You have convinced me that we should pass FTW. Applause

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: