You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prime Calvin Johnson vs Julio Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
Prime Calvin Johnson
85%
 85%  [ 82 ]
Julio Jones
14%
 14%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 96

Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Prime Calvin Johnson vs Julio Jones Reply with quote

I feel almost sacreligious making this thread. Calvin was truly awesome to witness, but the more I see of Julio the more I wonder if Julio might be better. Thoughts?
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prime Calvin Johnson is a top 5 WR to ever play football.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin had the best measurable a of any WR, perhaps any player. But he wasn't quite as natural of a WR as Jones. Look at the four catches he had in the Super Bowl. They were awe-inspiring. Not to mention he is incredibly athletic himself (perhaps the most athletic receiver the NFL has had in the past ten years sans Calvin).

So I will take Julio.
fortdetroit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralBill wrote:
Calvin had the best measurable a of any WR, perhaps any player. But he wasn't quite as natural of a WR as Jones. Look at the four catches he had in the Super Bowl. They were awe-inspiring. Not to mention he is incredibly athletic himself (perhaps the most athletic receiver the NFL has had in the past ten years sans Calvin).

So I will take Julio.

what do you mean by that?
RuralBill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdetroit wrote:
RuralBill wrote:

So I will take Julio.

Jones has the football intuition to make incredible plays. For example, the four cathes he made in the Super Bowl. I remember one extremely amazing play by Calvin: he was triple covered, Stafford threw a rainbow pass, and somehow Calvin beat all three for a touchdown (I believe it was against the Saints). But that play, and all of the other memorable ones he had, were due directly to his vert + size. By contrast, Julio makes the mos insane sideline catches, the most insane traffic catches. These are due to his elite intuition to know exactly where the sideline is, exactly how to separate from the defender when the ball is in the air, and somehow get both feet inbounds by merely inches.

Calvin is great. Easily a top ten WR of all time. But I would take Julio. (I might ben take AB over CJ. Talk about a WR who has intuition and plays the WR position perfectly.)
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good question. It's a tie, I refuse to choose.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio... I love receivers that pick up a ton of YAC.

In the past... Rice & T.O.... And now... Julio, AB, OBJ - etc.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Megatron was underutilized in Detroit where as Julio is used just right in ATL. Calvin was so physically gifted I would take him and he waa less injury prone than Julio I feel.

I feel like wrs are over valued in general. Other than Jerry Rice there aren't many of them that you can when multiple championships with.

Take a look at Denver they have 30 million invested per year in two wrs completely neglecting the trenches.

There's so many good wrs in this league i would take a nucleus of good guys than one top tier one.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
mission27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio.

He was the best receiver in the NFL when Calvin was playing and still is. Much better than Antonio Brown.

Said this before the season and was laughed at, whose laughing now.

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Brady's not going 92 yards....no way, no how.
#JDI
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with Julio pretty easily. Not that there's a big gap between the two. Just that to me Calvin was always more of a guy who was a very good WR with an unparalleled physique and great athleticism whereas Julio is a guy with measurables and a great all-around WR.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megatron.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Julio.

He was the best receiver in the NFL when Calvin was playing and still is. Much better than Antonio Brown.

Said this before the season and was laughed at, whose laughing now.

Probably the same people who laugh at all the other stupid stuff you say. Confused

To be fair, saying Julio>Brown isnt really stupid....then again, you werent actually laughed at either. Just another example of you trying to make yourself seem like more of a prognosticator than you actually are. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...and to answer the question...Calvin's peak was better IMO, but Julio will have the better career.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralBill wrote:
fortdetroit wrote:
RuralBill wrote:

So I will take Julio.

Jones has the football intuition to make incredible plays. For example, the four cathes he made in the Super Bowl. I remember one extremely amazing play by Calvin: he was triple covered, Stafford threw a rainbow pass, and somehow Calvin beat all three for a touchdown (I believe it was against the Saints). But that play, and all of the other memorable ones he had, were due directly to his vert + size. By contrast, Julio makes the mos insane sideline catches, the most insane traffic catches. These are due to his elite intuition to know exactly where the sideline is, exactly how to separate from the defender when the ball is in the air, and somehow get both feet inbounds by merely inches.

Calvin is great. Easily a top ten WR of all time. But I would take Julio. (I might ben take AB over CJ. Talk about a WR who has intuition and plays the WR position perfectly.)

You didn't watch Calvin enough then. #1 he actually did that twice. Once against the Bengals and once against the cowboys. #2 there was also several plays where he was covered by two guys and somehow came down with it #3Calvin made several sideline/endzone grabs that were spectacular. Too many to count.

It's close but I would take prime Calvin.

MathMan wrote:
You're the best player in the game at this.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prime Megatron for me.

Courtesy of an online joke search.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: