You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ben Roethlisberger vs. Drew Brees
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB are you taking?
Ben Roethlisberger
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
Drew Brees
74%
 74%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 83

Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Ben Roethlisberger vs. Drew Brees Reply with quote

Yeah another QB thread. I've had Big Ben as the 3rd or 4th best QB in the NFL since 2000.

I think Brady and Manning are the best 2. And then I think Rodgers is #3, though from a pure talent standpoint, he may be the best QB I've seen.

At 4 I have Big Ben and 5 Drew Brees.

Who would you take out of these two as your QB?

NoJobBob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, you know who is going to win this in a landslide. This site is very pro-stats, and also very pro-Brees (especially some Saints fans who have recently said Brees is just as good as Rodgers and Brady).

Yeah, Brees' bulk stats are nice, but I'm just not impressed. Every year, he plays 8 games in the dome, a game in the Georgia Dome, a game in Tampa Florida, and a game in Carolina. Year in and year out, the hardest conditions he is guaranteed to throw in is freakin North Carolina. Given the right two divisions (e.g. the NFC West and the AFC South), Brees might not have a bad weather game all year. Combine that with the fact NO's sucks year in and year out and Drew Brees is able to gunslinger it every play. I would like to see him play in the NFC North like Rodgers, the AFC North like Ben, or the AFC East like Brady. At the end of the day, you have a guy who is very accurate, but has above average at best decision making.

I will take Ben. I've seen too many great plays/comebacks by him. His abilities early in his career were just speechless. He falls flat a lot, throwing game losin interceptions, but again, Brees throws a ton of interceptions himself.
BigRingsSB50

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that this poll is tie goes to show you that most people here evaluate QBs based on winning.

Lets see Ben make the playoffs with the a bottom 3 defense year in and year out. He almost missed it this year with a god like OL, best RB, top 3 WR, and a solid defense. Laughing
mrnasties NO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this is a debate. The real question is..... Is Big Ben a top 5 Qb. This dude as had the most talented offense in NFL for a few years now and they only look slightly above average. He not even then best or second best player on his on offense.

Next subject please... Breed with the Steelers team would be super contenders every year and they would be the team to try to beat in the AFC.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Brees easily. I wouldn't even consider Roethlisberger for a second.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to insult Roethlisberger to prop up Brees but Brees is the better QB imo. I honestly believe the majority of Steeler fans would say the same. I'm not saying they would trade their star for another but Brees' ability as a passer is surpassed by none of his peers.

Would he be as successful as Ben in the Pittsburgh weather? I dunno. I think Roethlisberger is a great for Pittsburgh and would be a better fit than Brees. I still think Brees is simply more talented as a passer and could possibly make up for that and more.

Brady/Peyton/Brees/Rodgers... there isn't enough separation there to really argue one over the other. There is a slight step down to Ben but that doesn't take away from his greatness, being being mentioned with that group is a great accomplishment.
lancerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees is a better pocket passer. Peak Ben had better intangibles and was a monster to try to take down
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigRingsSB50 wrote:
The fact that this poll is tie goes to show you that most people here evaluate QBs based on winning.

Lets see Ben make the playoffs with the a bottom 3 defense year in and year out. He almost missed it this year with a god like OL, best RB, top 3 WR, and a solid defense. Laughing

He almost missed it? His team was the 3 seed for crying out loud. They clinched in Week 16. But tell me again how they almost missed?

And tell me again how when Ben was with a Bottom half of the league Defense he was routinely going 8-8 and, quite literally, was one game away from the post-season for 2 consecutive years compared to Brees' 6 losing seasons?

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrnasties NO wrote:
I can't believe this is a debate. The real question is..... Is Big Ben a top 5 Qb. This dude as had the most talented offense in NFL for a few years now and they only look slightly above average. He not even then best or second best player on his on offense.

Next subject please... Breed with the Steelers team would be super contenders every year and they would be the team to try to beat in the AFC.

Oh, the Steelers have had the most talented offense in the NFL for a few years? I love it when people make up BS like this to make a point; Especially when, quite literally, this very forum in 2012 and 2013 said the Steelers were a - and I quote - "Bottom 5 Talented Team."

Wanna support Brees? Fine. But stop the BS. I'll take the guy who took my team to two Super Bowl rings and has never had a below .500 season even when he had the Defense that gave up the most 1st and 2nd most 4th quarter leads in 2 consecutive years.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
RedRider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how people bring up Ben's weapons. Yeah, they have always been a bunch of 3rd round or worse picks. Holmes (and if you count Bell, the HB) is the sole exception. Ben's the biggest reason they are as good as they are.

Yet no one brings up the fact that Bree's plays almost all of his games in near perfect weather year in and year out. You could count on your hand the times he has played in poor weather. Heck, Ben probably plays in twice as many bad weather games as Bree's has ever.

Eight of Brees' games every year are played in the Superdome. Another 3 are played in Florida, Georgia's dome, and Carolina. That leaves a possible FIVE games a year that could be played in bad conditions. Chances are high that none of them are. FFS, any great QB could pass for 5K in that weather. Let's see how well Bree's would do if he played in freaking 3 Rivers stadium, possibly the hardest field to play on, for the majority of his games year in and year out.

And before anyone says that it's not Brees' fault that the Saints play in good weather, just know that when he was a FA, he made it clear he would only go to a team that played in good weather.

I'm taking Big Ben.
RuralBill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree's seems to be this forum's favorite player. Makes sense seeing as how people here put too much emphasis on stats.

Give me Ben. He is clutch, adapts very well to different styles of play, and is much tougher, proving he can play well in many bad weather games and stand up to much more punishing defenses.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And tell me again how when Ben was with a Bottom half of the league Defense he was routinely going 8-8 and, quite literally, was one game away from the post-season for 2 consecutive years compared to Brees' 6 losing seasons?

That isn't a fair comparison. There is a difference between being a bottom half of the league defense and being probably the worst defense in the NFL. The worst the Steelers have finished in points allowed since Ben came was 18th in 2014.

Saints Defensive PPG since Brees was the QB (in order from 2016-2006):
31, 32, 28, 4, 31, 13, 7, 20, 26, 25, 13

They have made the playoffs every year there defense was 20 or better in PPG. The fact that he's even getting them to 7-9 is impressive. I see no reason to think Ben would have fared better in Brees' situation. And that isn't a knock against Ben. Nobody is going to consistently field a winning team with defenses that suck that much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralBill wrote:
Bree's seems to be this forum's favorite player. Makes sense seeing as how people here put too much emphasis on stats.

Why do people keep using his stats against him?

His stats are great because he's a great QB. It has nothing to do with putting too much emphasis on stats. Some of you make it seem like he just chucks the ball 2,000 times a season with terrible efficiency.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees by a large margin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: