Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are We Really Not Going to Pick Up Tyrod's Option?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siemien?!

JUST BRING BACK TYROD.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone be okay with Siemian he is awful. I rather role with Cardele Jones or hell ill call Radio up and see if he is willing to play qb cause obviously the media thinks they just want a corpse to play that position in 2017.

Tyrod for two 2nd round picks would make sense but to replace with anyone like Siemian ill take tyrod. Even the 12th pick from Browns which would be a huge unrealistic trade and getting siemian would still [inappropriate/removed] me off.

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
How can anyone be okay with Siemian he is awful. I rather role with Cardele Jones or hell ill call Radio up and see if he is willing to play qb cause obviously the media thinks they just want a corpse to play that position in 2017.

Tyrod for two 2nd round picks would make sense but to replace with anyone like Siemian ill take tyrod. Even the 12th pick from Browns which would be a huge unrealistic trade and getting siemian would still [inappropriate/removed] me off.

Haha, if we trade Tyrod and don't get anything less than two 1's and a 2, I'd be flipping tables. Starting QB's are so hard to come by that teams better be willing to pay to get one.

With that being said, why in the hell would we trade a starting QB when we haven't been able to find one for the past 17 years??
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Siemien?!

JUST BRING BACK TYROD.

Id take another 1st round pick and some with Siemien then just Tyrod 10x out of 10. No questions asked.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeevans thats what im trying to figure out? people say guaranteed money on the contract is to much for him which isnt much and his cap hit is 15-17 mil over the next 3 years which is way below the qb position

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Leeevans thats what im trying to figure out? people say guaranteed money on the contract is to much for him which isnt much and his cap hit is 15-17 mil over the next 3 years which is way below the qb position

Correct. His cap hit is below league average for starting QBs and we're somehow not happy with that number. He had comparable stats to Alex Smith, who is making boatloads of cash.

Really is crazy to think about but hey, we are the Bills.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Cole reporting that Mike Glennon turned down 8-9 million per year to play backup to Winston. So his market is going to easily be close to tyrod if not surpass it.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2017/03/02/qb-guru-greg-cosell-thinks-bills-should-move-on-from-tyrod-taylor/98640594/

Here is an interesting article on Tyrod. I assume most of us agree with the assessment about lack of anticipation and accuracy. I think the real question for the Bills is if they think two more years of Tyrod will be worth it in the end.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Disagree completely. He's better than any of the QBs in the draft and I thought he was actually pretty impressive last season. He had absolutely zero run game to lean on and his offensive line was abysmal.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day, another "report". Vic Carruci is reporting that we're now likely to cut Tyrod. I like Vic but he's been reporting this all offseason. I still think the only ones who know exactly what's going to happen is the Bills.

I still say he's our starting QB day 1 next season.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrod is our best option for 2017, no doubt - but the fact remains, he is at best a top 16-20 guy, and unlikely to be able to bring our roster to where we need it to be, even if we improve the WR, OL, and defense.

Not super jazzed about paying big money (and long term money) for 10-6 upside.

Let him walk, and if we like a QB at 10, roll the dice. If not, let's see what Cardale can do for a season and try again next draft.

I know some will see this as "prolonging the cycle", but to me, rolling the dice on a QB in the draft is more likely for long term success than signing Tyrod to big (and long) money.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Tapasso wrote an interesting article about how the Bills could trade Tyrod.

If some team is going to give Glennon 14-15 a year, you better bet someone would be willing to give up something nice for Tyrod at 16m APY should Buffalo move on.

Quote:
because the Bills own Tyrod’s rights from March 9 until March 11, that’s when they can trade him and his contract (option included) to another team. And what’d be a positive for Buffalo — no new dead money.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/2/14780708/tyrod-taylor-trade-buffalo-bills-doug-whaley-combine-scenario-and-why-bills-may-be-exploring-it

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Tyrod is our best option for 2017, no doubt - but the fact remains, he is at best a top 16-20 guy, and unlikely to be able to bring our roster to where we need it to be, even if we improve the WR, OL, and defense.

Not super jazzed about paying big money (and long term money) for 10-6 upside.

Let him walk, and if we like a QB at 10, roll the dice. If not, let's see what Cardale can do for a season and try again next draft.

I know some will see this as "prolonging the cycle", but to me, rolling the dice on a QB in the draft is more likely for long term success than signing Tyrod to big (and long) money.

That is exactly how I feel. We know what Tyrod can do and where he'll bring us. Why stay with the status quo just because he is better than Fitzpatrick, Losman and Edwards?

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually dont know what tyrod can due considering he has had a handful of games in the 2 years he was qb where he had his top 3 weapons on the field. Everyone thinks that he should be lighting it up but how do you expect a qb to throw to a wr who was percy harvin, justin hunter, marquise goodwin, and robert woods, not mentioning other guys who plugged in when Robert woods went down. Between the two years he was qb Watkins played 21 games. So to say this is what he can and cant do isnt a clear cut answer as most of those wr wouldnt be starting let alone the #1 wr during a game. Getting targets open are tough when they arent use to being the go to guy. Having Clay, Watkins, and putting either FA or Draft picks around Tyrod may give the guy a better shot at showing off his talents. On top of that the bills are known as a run heavy offense under Rex and Co so its not like they told him to throw the ball 50 times a game. If he was under a more balanced offense he may or may not improve. This is the dilemma that i am having with tyrod. I cant blame him for having crappy weapons around him and being told to hand the ball off 3/4 of the game rather then making shots down the field more then a dozen times a game.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
#Combinerumourmill

Bills said to be interested in Trevor Seimen if they move on from Tyrod.

Makes sense in regards to the Dennison connection. Would fit that stopgap label as well.

I would only like this if we are bringing in Watson, Mahomes, or Trubinsky and we use Seimien as competition, veteran, maybe start a few games until rookie is ready and a guy to teach the rookie Dennisons offense.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: