You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are We Really Not Going to Pick Up Tyrod's Option?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Are We Really Not Going to Pick Up Tyrod's Option? Reply with quote

Every national outlet has us decling his option, and while I know that we all know more than they do about our team, what will we do?

I just don't see a way in which we don't pick it up, we have no other options. Would we really take Watson at 10? I don't think he will ever be more than what Tyrod is now, which is inconsistent with his accuracy and can make plays with his legs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the national media is jumping to conclusions, like they have been all offseason. I don't even think the Bills know what they're doing just yet. My personal opinion is that the Bills want him back on a restructured deal and Tyrod is willing to comply. I think Tyrod deserves the contract he was given but I realize the Bills are the Bills and anything is bound to happen.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't bring him back I have zero faith in this organization. We'd end up drafting a guy early in the draft who will take several years to get up to Tyrod's level (if he ever does) and somehow manage to not improve the team at all with a top 10 pick. Watson is literally a worse version of Tyrod. I don't really see being able to turn Tyrod's saved cap space into a player who could really make a huge difference for this team.

It just makes zero sense to me to not give him two more years and then get out of the deal if it isn't worth it. Tyrod is far from a perfect QB but every other option just seems worse.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the bills ended the season with the Media was an absolute nightmare. To fire rex and send Anthony Lynn out there to tell everyone they are not going with Tyrod Taylor the last game and then not going in to detail with the media has made Buffalo look like idiots. Then for Whaley to say he had no input on the hiring and firing of Rex made it a bigger circus especially to say that they are unsure of tyrod. It could have been handled alot better so the national news is going to continue to make them look like idiots. The only smart move Buffalo did was to shut down all communication with the media, however by shutting it down allows the media to come up with more speculation of what the bills will do next.

I think that it has been a good sign that tyrod is still on the roster becuase if whaley truly wanted him gone he would have been cut on monday the videos Tyrod has shown shows that he can pass a physical if it was given today so the 30 mil injury guarantee is out the window. Its another good sign that these videos are taking place at buffalo training facility because if he was likely out the door they wouldnt want him there because if he was injured then they could use the excuse it was on his own time but its not by training at their facility. National Media is saying that his contract is bad and the team is at fault for offering it to him but realistically it is 20th in the league at the QB position which will likely drop to even more once Brady and Cousins get new contracts. 15.9 mil this year and 16-17 mil the next 2 years it is unheard of for starting qbs to get that small of money with the salary cap on the rise. Tyrod is serviceable and so is his contract.

With that being said we still dont know what is going on until Mcdermott and Whaley come out and cut him or keep him. To me it doesnt make sense to let him walk with no reasonable back up. Even with Cutler or romo talk they will expect more money then what tyrod will get and both are on the wrong side of mid 30s so this would be a quick 2 year max fix in hopes of drafting a future. Lets also not forget that they both are coming off injuries do you really want to pay more for an older less mobil qb that may or may not make it past a year?

Mike Glennon is seeking 13-15 mil a year and he has yet to prove he can start and his stats when starting were below Tyrods numbers so why go to another qb who hasnt been good and to start new chemistry with the offense.

Drafting a qb at 1 or 10 or 4th rd doesnt matter because NONE of these qbs are capable starting day 1. People can argue and say look at Dak Prescott, im sorry but that guy in any other system would have sucked he had the best oline in the league a running game that was solid and capable weapons on offense. Watson could be good but still needs time, trubisky he is as raw as hackenberg and even he was a reach in the 2nd rd last year.

So in conclusion my opinion is this Buffalo Fans should be pissed if Whaley decides to let him go with these options being available. This will be worse off then having Orton/EJ battle or EJ/Kolb battle it out to start. It is a complete disaster and completely a Browns move if it happens. The best thing Whaley can do is keep him and bring in guys to help him become better, having Sammy injured 3/4 of the year and Woods good win hurt part of it as well didnt help him in any way. Whaley needs to get on the phone and start bringing in weapons to help him be better.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As cdavls17 alluded to, all signs point to Tyrod staying at least in terms of tangible evidence.

It would be a PR nightmare to cut him when you have all these veteran players publicly saying they believe in Tyrod, not to mention it would be a dumb move with zero guarantee we could even replace him either with a veteran or rookie.

If the Bills draft a QB at 10 I'll be furious.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
As cdavls17 alluded to, all signs point to Tyrod staying at least in terms of tangible evidence.

It would be a PR nightmare to cut him when you have all these veteran players publicly saying they believe in Tyrod, not to mention it would be a dumb move with zero guarantee we could even replace him either with a veteran or rookie.

Not to mention the Romo rumors. I mean, that dude is one hit away from being killed on the field. He was behind the best OL in the league in Dallas and still has injury problems. We need Tyrod for his escapability if not anything else.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Not to mention the Romo rumors. I mean, that dude is one hit away from being killed on the field. He was behind the best OL in the league in Dallas and still has injury problems. We need Tyrod for his escapability if not anything else.

Right? Like why is Chris Brown sharing quotes from Jerry Jones regarding Romo on the Bills website Shocked

I could see it now...cut Tyrod, trade/sign Romo and draft Watson at 10.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 6 NFL seasons, 2 as starter it's time we realize Tyrod Taylor will never improve his accuracy and never be comfortable through progressions. It's a killer of a problem that will never allow us to make a playoff push.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
After 6 NFL seasons, 2 as starter it's time we realize Tyrod Taylor will never improve his accuracy and never be comfortable through progressions. It's a killer of a problem that will never allow us to make a playoff push.
So instead we draft someone at #10 in a weak QB class or sign a middling veteran QB for almost as much or more money? That's worse than paying a modest contract for two more years and having decently competent QB play that doesn't turn over the football. Tyrod isn't a top 10 QB but he isn't terrible and using a top ten pick to invest in a guy who won't be as good as Tyrod is now would be beyond frustrating and continue to leave us in this constant mediocrity.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot count 4 of his 6 professional years playing backup as the same as starter. You get less reps with the qb coach and your playing with backups so to expect to improve on that as would a starter is a stretch. Yes he isnt perfect and he is no tom brady or asron rodgers but your talking about a handful of guys who have that gift. Bills aren't fortunate to have one of those guys they have tyrod, a weak fa qb class with guys oast their prime or more scraps from other teams, and a well below qb draft class which could be just as bad as 2013 class. So its not about tyrod being the future answer its about what gives the bills best chance at winning within the next two years and whether you like it or not it is tyrod. Bills name a clock manager and a solid d. Rex was suppose to bring that and he didnt now mcdermott has the shot if he can bring the d back to before rex and run a top 10 offense like this past year that is play off contention.

Expecting to get a franchise qb in a draft isnt likely unless they pull a gem out of their butts and land a russel wilson type qb in a later rd. Bills are to good to be a top pick team in a draft to land a top qb when a future qb comes around because thats basically the only time you will get the best shot at an actual qb. If bills draft a qb at 10 its a huge mistake as the browns niners bears and jets draft ahead of the bills and all 4 teams are desperate for a qb more then the bills. So if the bills draft a qb those teams passed on then we have to start questioning the scouts for not being good at their job finding talent.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Emory Hunt ‏@FBallGameplan 36m36 minutes ago
More
I see a lot of mocks sending a QB to the #Bills as if they didn't draft one last year that can be their starter if Tyrod leaves.

Hunt from a scouting perspective is a guy I really like to follow but I question his tweet here.

He later responded to Cover 1 saying that Jones is more ready to start than any of these rookies. Hard to argue with that really.

I wonder if the Bills are willing to consider this year a bit of a wash and start Jones while bringing in a backup like Case Keenum and wait until next draft to grab their QB if Jones doesn't show anything.

I'd prefer that over taking one of these QB's at 10 tbh.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't pick up his option I think I'm just done with football.

It's already bringing me absolutely 0 enjoyment anymore, especially with satan winning every year.

If we let him walk over a few million in cap room to sign [inappropriate/removed] Landry Jones and some rookie or, god forbid, trade a first round pick to the Patriots or something. I'm just for real not going to watch anymore.

There'd be no point, this organization clearly demonstrated to me that they have no idea what they are doing.

I pray they keep him, but I am not optimistic.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order of who I want the Bills QB to be next year:
1. Romo
2. Tyrod

3. Anything else is a disappointment

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
If we don't pick up his option I think I'm just done with football.

It's already bringing me absolutely 0 enjoyment anymore, especially with satan winning every year.

If we let him walk over a few million in cap room to sign [inappropriate/removed] Landry Jones and some rookie or, god forbid, trade a first round pick to the Patriots or something. I'm just for real not going to watch anymore.

There'd be no point, this organization clearly demonstrated to me that they have no idea what they are doing.

I pray they keep him, but I am not optimistic.

How would you feel about Romo?
Buffalofan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Romo to be honest with you guys. He couldn't stay healthy behind the best O line in football what's going to happen to him here? I want Tyrod back I don't think his contract is to bad for a starting QB with experience. Plus his TD to INT ration is good. What Tyrod needs is weapons, Sammy needs to have a 16 game season in him soon or he might be considered a bust or injury prone at least. Me for one I want to focus on D in this draft and hope that the Bills get a full season out of Sammy and I also hope the Bills get Josh Gordon from the Browns he'd come in on the cheap because of his drug history but hopefully he can play a full season and go from there. He has a ton of talent which the Bills need. If we can help Tyrod out with some WR depth and a strong running game like we had last season then we might sniff the playoffs. What do you guys think?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: