You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XVII: Hosting the Big Dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
It's a damn shame that Kelm-Helgen used her position for nothing but her and her friends' personal gain.

What a scummy piece of crap she is.

I tend to believe that anyone in that position would have likely done the same thing.

I don't view it as being scummy, as I don't think any of it was done intentionally.

I'll be everything I own that she knew exactly what she was doing. It's not a coincidence with the suites and now this. The way it's sounding, there's going to be more and more coming out.

And yes, I consider "scummy" to be anyone who was appointed to a public position within a government and used the perks and benefits for their and their friends' personal gain.

It's the same in ANY political position. It's against the law to use that position to better yourself/friends/family/associates. For example, let's say the Governor's mansion needs a new roof. Gov. Dayton can't award a contract to his brothers' roofing company.

In the end, it has no bearing on me. I wasn't going to buy those seats but at the same time, it ticks me off that this woman used her position at the head of "The People's Stadium" to make she she and her cronies got full advantage of the perks of the stadium before the people who actually paid for it with their tax dollars did.

But hey....that's politics for you! It's all about them them them not the people they work for.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't view your example as a similar situation but I get the point, because of my feeling about the whole Cheney-Halliburton fiasco and tend to agree with that viewpoint. But, in the end, I just don't view this as rising to that level. It's certainly inappropriate, but it's not a Teapot Dome Scandal-level, which is what it seems to have been made into.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I personally don't view your example as a similar situation but I get the point, because of my feeling about the whole Cheney-Halliburton fiasco and tend to agree with that viewpoint. But, in the end, I just don't view this as rising to that level. It's certainly inappropriate, but it's not a Teapot Dome Scandal-level, which is what it seems to have been made into.

Yeah I agree. I mean it's not ruining my day or doesn't affect 99% of people or anything but just a huge annoyance.

On a hilarious note....

I was in contact with the Vikings yesterday about relocating our season tickets.

For some reason, the state is NOT allowing the Vikings to handle ticket relocation until SEPTEMBER 17th, 2017 and the Vikings are actually pushing the state to let them move it up to late-spring/early-summer.

So as it stands, the Vikings will begin the relocation process AFTER week two of the regular season.

What sense does that make?!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes zero sense. d'oh!

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong winds again got the better of panels on the prow of U.S. Bank Stadium. The 270-foot prow on the western facade of the building overlooking the plaza has been a trouble spot since last summer, not long after the panels went up. With winds of up to 60 miles per hour in the past day, three panels came partly loose from the building’s spiked prow near the five glass pivoting doors. The panels, partly made of zinc, are a signature component of the $1.1 billion building. But they’ve also been one of two significant problems.

Minneapolis-based M.A. Mortenson Co. already spent much of the fall reinforcing how the panels are held to the building. Previously, the panels were fastened only along the bottom edge. Then Mortenson attached panels on the top after some came loose.

In a statement Wednesday, company spokesman Cam Snyder said the newly loosened panels “had not yet received additional fasteners as a part of earlier remediation work. The damage is isolated and work crews will complete repairs as soon as it is safe to do so.”

http://www.startribune.com/winds-take-down-small-patch-of-u-s-bank-stadium-panels-again/415718624/

i was wondering if the Twin Cities would be getting the wind that we had two days ago. was blowing semis over on the road here.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wind here has been nuts for the past few days. It was really strange.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

An Amtrak train bound for the Twin Cities finally arrived – about 21 hours behind schedule. The Empire Builder train was scheduled to leave Minot, North Dakota, at 9:47 p.m. Tuesday and arrive at St. Paul’s Union Depot at 7:43 a.m. Wednesday, Amtrak records show. But the train was delayed out of Minot until early Wednesday.

Then the train – with 111 passengers on board – got stuck in a giant snowbank for 13 hours in central North Dakota. Crews tried three times to free the train, using snow plows, then skid-steers, and then freight engines to try and pull the train out, but those efforts failed, the Grand Forks Herald reports.

About 30 crew members resorted to digging the train out by hand, finally dislodging it around 6:45 p.m., the paper says. The train got moving again by 7:45 p.m.

http://www.gomn.com/news/a-n-d-snowstorm-left-a-minnesota-bound-amtrak-train-stranded-all-day/

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

An Amtrak train bound for the Twin Cities finally arrived – about 21 hours behind schedule. The Empire Builder train was scheduled to leave Minot, North Dakota, at 9:47 p.m. Tuesday and arrive at St. Paul’s Union Depot at 7:43 a.m. Wednesday, Amtrak records show. But the train was delayed out of Minot until early Wednesday.

Then the train – with 111 passengers on board – got stuck in a giant snowbank for 13 hours in central North Dakota. Crews tried three times to free the train, using snow plows, then skid-steers, and then freight engines to try and pull the train out, but those efforts failed, the Grand Forks Herald reports.

About 30 crew members resorted to digging the train out by hand, finally dislodging it around 6:45 p.m., the paper says. The train got moving again by 7:45 p.m.

http://www.gomn.com/news/a-n-d-snowstorm-left-a-minnesota-bound-amtrak-train-stranded-all-day/

Now that's a solid snow drift. I thought it was bad when I had to go clear the roads a couple years ago with the D8.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the state snow plows/sanding trucks blow off the road, it's windy.

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is crazy... we don't even have any snow in MN.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
That is crazy... we don't even have any snow in MN.
supposed to get almost a foot down here in the next 2-3 days... yuck...

-Dan Gable
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Now that's a solid snow drift. I thought it was bad when I had to go clear the roads a couple years ago with the D8.

You a fellow operator?

My long time D-8.

Last edited by Vikes_Bolts1228 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:

You a fellow operator?

My long time D-8.

Is that a T? I always ran an older N.

I've done about everything. Farmed with the family, construction, now engineering.

P.S. Tell the Excavator operator to stop swinging into things, doesn't need to bang up those side panels on that thing!

-Dan Gable
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:

You a fellow operator?

My long time D-8.

Is that a T? I always ran an older N.

I've done about everything. Farmed with the family, construction, now engineering.

P.S. Tell the Excavator operator to stop swinging into things, doesn't need to bang up those side panels on that thing!

Yep. D8T or the "D80." I got that thing with 2 hours on it.

That 320D was a rental long reach to clean out our silt ponds. We got write ups/suspensions if we scratched the counterweights/side panels on the vaders and the bumpers of our 980 loaders. The equipment gets replaced by a new machine every 1.25 years so like leasing a vehicle, they need to be pristine.

Part of my highly fun duties as a supervisor was to inspect our 3 390's, our 2 8's and 9's, our 11 740/745 haul trucks, and 6 980/982 loaders for every nick, ding, or dent outside and inside. That's how serious that company was about their iron!

Here was my baby before I got relegated to a pick-up truck and ipad...390F.

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Most of the time I was always stuck in a 300 Komatsu or a 600
I basically got stuck digging a lot of hog pits and cattle pits.
Everyonce and a while I would get thrown in the D6 LGP's..
We never had the real nice stuff. Basically all used.

Did a lot of loading trucks in a DaeWoo 500 and a Hyundai 780 loader in our gravel pits.

Life was easy and enjoyable back then!

-Dan Gable

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: