Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XVII: Hosting the Big Dance
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Stadium Saga Part XVII: Hosting the Big Dance Reply with quote

Vikings owner Mark Wilf was in Houston this past week — along with several Vikings officials, current and former players and members of the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee — to study how that city put on one of the biggest sporting events in the world as Minneapolis prepares for Super Bowl LII in 2018.

Wilf said that while Houston did an amazing job, he still believes Minnesota will be able to pull off a greater spectacle and that the team is excited to show off U.S. Bank Stadium to the sports world. Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway has been named captain of “Crew 52,” the Super Bowl host committee comprised of some 10,000 volunteers. He and current and former players such as Harrison Smith, Kyle Rudolph, Cris Carter, Bob Lurtsema and Todd Steussie also were in Houston.

Wilf: “Houston set the bar high, but I know Minnesota. I’m confident we’ll put on the best Super Bowl ever.”

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-owner-mark-wilf-team-aims-to-hold-best-super-bowl-in-2018/413237703/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just hope for no blizzard of '91 to hit.

Could you imagine a postponed Blizzard, or even if they would play if a majority of the seats would be empty?

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

Could you imagine a postponed Blizzard, or even if they would play if a majority of the seats would be empty?

To be fair, the last time they held the Super Bowl, it actually wasn't all that bad outside. Hell, they had snow in Dallas the week of the Super Bowl and they survived that.

The Blizzard of '91 was a freak occurrence that happened about 3 months before the Super Bowl would even have been played. I remember that day vividly....they only postponed school for 2 hours. Laughing

If I recall though. they eventually canceled it though because they couldn't get enough kids to show up.

Thx to Lil Uno!
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

To be fair, the last time they held the Super Bowl, it actually wasn't all that bad outside. Hell, they had snow in Dallas the week of the Super Bowl and they survived that.

The Blizzard of '91 was a freak occurrence that happened about 3 months before the Super Bowl would even have been played. I remember that day vividly....they only postponed school for 2 hours. Laughing

If I recall though. they eventually canceled it though because they couldn't get enough kids to show up.

Haha I know it was Halloween, we did just end up with 9" and 40 mph winds about 3 weeks ago. I would have been 1 year old.

This time of the years is such an unknown. Sioux Falls lowest temp on this day was -42 degrees, tomorrow it is supposed to be 50 degrees.

I could only imagine if it was a Tampa Bay vs Miami Superbowl and what the fans that traveled up here would have to face with a blizzard and the next day possibly being below zero.

-Dan Gable
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait until one of our division rivals win it this year. we won't be looking forward to this Superbowl. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

I'd be more embarrassed with a repeat of the '92 half time show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Hawkey the early favorite to perform at halftime.

Who doesn't love overly produced country-pop?!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The chairwoman of the authority overseeing the Minnesota Vikings' stadium resigned Thursday after weeks of criticism over the questionable use of luxury suites by officials' family and friends.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2017/02/16/head-of-authority-overseeing-vikings-stadium-resigns-over-luxury-suite-usage/anqlxj9/

Someone must have really had a craw up their pants, otherwise, there has to be something more, because I thought, from the beginning, that this story was tremendously overblown.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood the purpose of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

It was made because it was publicly funded. Basically people in control of the US Bank Stadium. The approved of the design, and are in control of the construction and operations.

Most publicly funded buildings are controlled by an organizations to report everything to the public.

-Dan Gable
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
The chairwoman of the authority overseeing the Minnesota Vikings' stadium resigned Thursday after weeks of criticism over the questionable use of luxury suites by officials' family and friends.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2017/02/16/head-of-authority-overseeing-vikings-stadium-resigns-over-luxury-suite-usage/anqlxj9/

Someone must have really had a craw up their pants, otherwise, there has to be something more, because I thought, from the beginning, that this story was tremendously overblown.

That's odd; I thought this scandal involving nepotism was under-reported and essentially swept under the rug by the liberal media.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

It was made because it was publicly funded. Basically people in control of the US Bank Stadium. The approved of the design, and are in control of the construction and operations.

Most publicly funded buildings are controlled by an organizations to report everything to the public.

The first bold item summarizes the macro problem succinctly.

The second bold item is the micro problem, applicable to this particular scandal.

The only remaining questions are: What did the MSFA know and when did they know it? Laughing
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

The first bold item summarizes the macro problem succinctly.

The second bold item is the micro problem, applicable to this particular scandal.

The only remaining questions are: What did the MSFA know and when did they know it? Laughing

I have no issue throwing a little money out there due to tobacco tax to keep the Vikings in Minnesota. To be able to get concerts into that place. It will be cool to put the high school gets on a stage for state tournaments in the new stadium.

I absolutely love the new stadiums. While they don't always pan out to "making money" they do help the local business's bring in more due to the large amount of people near the stadium every weekend. It allows new business's of the large to create and build business's around the stadium.

And towards the organization, well of course we need that. They get bands and festivals to happen at this new stadium. They basically put this stadium to work when the Vikings aren't playing to keep the place in use. Someone has to run this.

-Dan Gable
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no sense in debating whether the stadium should have been or not been publicly funded. That's water over the spillway of the dam.

The point open to debate is the corruption/ nepotism in the MSFA, and why it received so little attention in the Minnesota media?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:

Ted Mondale also resigned, i read.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: