Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Run, Run, Run, Kick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkGoneRiseUp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Run, Run, Run, Kick Reply with quote

Atlanta Falcons Superbowl LI Champions, that's all it would have taken...maybe. It would have absolutely put us up by two possessions with less than 3 min on the clock...

The happy truth on this Thursday morning following one of my greatest heartbreaks ever, and don't tell the rest of the jerks giving you crap for wearing your red and black even after that loss...This team is still ahead of schedule.

Truly

I mean think about it. A year ago we started off 5-0 ahead of schedule and then flopped. This year we were gang busters all year long (save that loss that got us to 4-3 and had y'all sweating) but with the age of starters on D we're still ahead of schedule...we had two rookies starting at LB, one who mised time with an injury and two in the secondary, one of those an UDFA. Outside of that Beasley, Jarrett, and Collins are only ion their 2nd year in the league. Those are the core of a D that's only going to get better as they age.

Add a healthy Trufant to that and more depth on the DL from FA and the Draft and boy I'll tell you what. When we get up on anyone 28-3 next year, no mater the game, it's over, cause we're not giving up more than 16 points per game next year, and that's me being generous.

The O is in tact and also just getting better (it usually takes FA a year to acclimate to a new team).

Barring injury we're going to be something special for years to come.

I'll say it here first, I think it's safe to go ahead book your tickets to Minny for next Feb. Superbowl 52 (and/or 53 back in the A) will see that Rise Up ready to dominate.

Yours Truly
MathMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they would have missed the field goal in that situation, people would be all over the Falcons for not being aggressive enough.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I saw brought up. On the Ryan sack during the miscommunication on the blitz pickup, he had Robinson wide open. Coulda,woulda, shoulda, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. If this team is for real they will be back again.
jarren

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
If they would have missed the field goal in that situation, people would be all over the Falcons for not being aggressive enough.

Ive seen a few people mention and it's 100% wrong. We had a chance to kick a 40-44 yard FG while taking the clock down to about 2 30. Doing anything other than running the ball was extremely stupid and pretty much cost us a superbowl.
jarren

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
One thing I saw brought up. On the Ryan sack during the miscommunication on the blitz pickup, he had Robinson wide open. Coulda,woulda, shoulda, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. If this team is for real they will be back again.

Even if Freeman picked up Hightower Ryan was getting pressured from the other side and dint have time to step up to complete the pass down field to Robinson. Looking at the replay it looked like he was going to Julio over the middle. Another dumb playcall by Shanny. No idea why we call a play with long developing routes on 3rd and 1 especially considering Ryan was getting pressured on almost every drop back in the 2nd half.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: