Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Big Free Agency Move Prediction By The Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
The Rams seems to always be quiet around this time until it's officially free agency then things happen. I'm thinking when 4pm hits tomorrow we will see the Rams making moves.

I hope not it's fun to watch some people [inappropriate/removed] and moan Very Happy
stl4life07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
The Rams seems to always be quiet around this time until it's officially free agency then things happen. I'm thinking when 4pm hits tomorrow we will see the Rams making moves.

I hope not it's fun to watch some people [inappropriate/removed] and moan Very Happy

Yeah but people will complain whether the Rams make moves or not so you will still get to sit back and have some fun lol.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Yeah but people will complain whether the Rams make moves or not so you will still get to sit back and have some fun lol.

Wish I'd taken tomorrow off I'd sit here and watch the fun with a bowl of popcorn!
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Wish I'd taken tomorrow off I'd sit here and watch the fun with a bowl of popcorn!

Yeah it's gonna be interesting. Between watching Duke vs Louisville in the 3rd round of the ACC tournament and trying to keep up with FA frenzy specifically the Rams, it's gonna an interesting day.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best teams retain their own and don't spend big in free agency. Hope we remain quiet.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
The best teams retain their own and don't spend big in free agency. Hope we remain quiet.

We'd be stupid to remain quiet. The best teams have realistic options at almost every position going into the draft, so they aren't forced to reach for needs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

Was just saying this to someone. While I still hope we sign one or two quality starters, Im glad were not overpaying a bunch of players. It may not be super exciting, but Id rather be bored than broke dishing out huge contracts for guys that will likely never earn it.

That said, I wont be surprised if we overpay for a guy like Warford or Leary. While the one guy Im okay overpaying is Zeitler.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC

Last edited by DEE RAWL on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Was just saying this to someone. While I still hope we sign one or two quality starters, Im glad were not overpaying a bunch of players. It may not be super exciting, but Id rather be bored than broke dishing out huge contracts for guys that will likely never earn it.

I am fine with avoiding the run on FA at the beginning. But we still need to bring second tier and third tier FAs.

But yea, I would be happy if we went after a first tier FA like Kevin Zeitler.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two offseasons the Rams were active in the trade market more than just straight up signing FAs. This offseason with the reports of the Rams considering trading Tru, it looks more like they will be active with trades again. If they can get a high pick or two quality picks to set them up well for the draft then maybe target a high quality first tier FA and then get a second tier FA and a few bargain FAs then I'll be ok with it. I just want the Rams to get the oline fixed and get Goff some legit weapons. I don't care how they do it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. So let's address the elephant in the room. What do we do if the Rams don't land any of Garcon, DeSean, Britt, Alshon, Pryor, Brandon Marshall, or Torrey Smith?

It puts us in somewhat of a bind, but I think there's a solid option out. I look to expand competition by using the second, third, and fourth tier FAs. What I would aim to do is bring in one possession WR and one deep threat WR from that group. The basic options would be:
Possession: Kamar Aiken, Robert Woods, Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams, and Stevie Johnson
Deep Threat: Markus Wheaton and Ted Ginn Jr.

I'd aim for a cheaper, short-term type deal.(except for Robert Woods) Michael Floyd is also an option. What scares me with Michael Floyd is that he seems unrepentant for his alcohol issues. Josh Gordon is also an option. And he might be a chance we have to take if we're put in this scenario (but again, I'm not counting on him to play).

If we go this direction, we'd need to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. If we decide to go with only one FA WR, we'll need to draft two WRs in the first 4 rounds imo.

But it'll basically be looking to find role players who can fill a role. Personally, I think that works if you know what you want out of your scheme and can identify a talent that will play that role well. I am of the opinion that WR value is overstated.

Of course, we are putting ourselves in more of a bind because you're counting on talent that hasn't had a premier role to step up in that role. But if you look at guys like Aiken, Wright, and Johnson, when given a premier role, all produced pretty well. That gives me confidence that you can make it work.

However, this strategy is a lot less effective if we don't do anything to address our OL issues. Having reliable pass protection and a good running game to work off of can cover for a lack of premier talent at WR. But if we end up with poor pass protection and a bad rushing attack again, we're going to be in trouble.

Basically, if the Rams aren't going to prioritize WR (a defensible strategy), they need to prioritize other areas of the offense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to bring in second or third tier wrs?
i thought the plan was to upgrade the position not getting worse?

your bust buddy jared goff seems to be the main reason no wr wants to sign with us.

lose kenny britt and replace him with robert woods.
markus wheaton...jesus christ. that guy looks like [inappropriate/removed] with big ben.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
we need to bring in second or third tier wrs?
i thought the plan was to upgrade the position not getting worse?

your bust buddy jared goff seems to be the main reason no wr wants to sign with us.

lose kenny britt and replace him with robert woods.
markus wheaton...jesus christ. that guy looks like [inappropriate/removed] with big ben.

LOL

You out there talking to them and finding this out first hand? Or is this just more idiotic speculation?
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor Barwin has been released. He would be a good fit, no? Is he affordable?
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrey 1 yr $14 Million to Eagles
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think we're done for the day? I would like to hear something on Trumaine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: