Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Van Noy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young juice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Kyle Van Noy Reply with quote

During the season when they traded for Mingo and then Van Noy I thought Mingo was definetly going to be the better player. Former first rounder looking to bounce back and be who he should have been but Van Noy quietly has become a very good LB for this team. Sacks and INTs when needed. He's a FA next year but I hope they keep him around.

Van Noy and Roberts have really made people forget about Collins.

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid player with some untapped upside. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do after spending a full year in the system.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the LBers we had midway through the season:

Van Noy
McLellan
Mingo
Roberts

Do we think we keep them all and how do you value/rank them?

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

Van Noy
McLellan
Mingo
Roberts

Van Noy is a keeper for 2017 and looks like a good situational player and possibe starter

McClellin started terribly but seemed to be useful as the season went on and was pretty anonymous down the stretch (a good thing, I guess). He's a good #4 if he can stay healthy and if you have two good guys ahead of him, he's a fine #3

Mingo is nothing on D. Liked him a lot on ST though. Wouldn't mind seeing him back as a core ST guy and see if he can develop more on D.

Roberts is a mixed bag. Flashed high upside at times but is outright awful in the pass game. He almost blew the Super Bowl on the Freeman catch (ended up making the play to save the TD but still it looked to be an awful mistake on his part)

If Hightower goes, the team is screwed at LB. If Hightower stays, I'd like to see one more athletic, dynamic LB added. Hightower/new guy/Van Noy/McClellin/Roberts for 2017 with Freeny or Mingo as a ST guy/emergency backup. If Roberts can develop more, then bump him up the depth chart in 2018 and dump McClellin or let Van Noy go. Or if he looks phenomenal in camp, consider moving on from McClellin (unlikely though since McClellin has good ST value and is versatile, more likely to stick as an overpaid role player for a year and then go in 2018)

I don't think you can go into next year with Roberts as a starter or both Van Noy & McClellin as starters. Ideally, Van Noy and Roberts develop into quality starters, but right now, I like them more as pure situational guys and Van Noy is a bit better overall.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to get Raekwon McMillan. Homer pick though.
NMM11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:

Van Noy
McLellan
Mingo
Roberts

Van Noy and Roberts stay. McClellin cut. Mingo non factor on D. Useful ST though. Van Noy has potential to be a productive starter on this team imo.
Adopt a Patriot 2015: #98 Trey Flowers DE
terbo559

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the short amount of time that Van Noy has been with the team, he has significantly improved from his days with Detroit. He's always kinda seem like a Belichick type player ever since college, and looks like Belichick is bringing the best out of him. I can see him staying for another contract and becoming a starter.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMM11 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Van Noy
McLellan
Mingo
Roberts

Van Noy and Roberts stay. McClellin cut. Mingo non factor on D. Useful ST though. Van Noy has potential to be a productive starter on this team imo.

McClellin was pretty underrated in the second half of the season simply because he was so bad the first half.

Could easily restructure him to a cheap deal and keep him on as a backup LB.

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
NMM11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
NMM11 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Van Noy
McLellan
Mingo
Roberts

McClellin was pretty underrated in the second half of the season simply because he was so bad the first half.

Could easily restructure him to a cheap deal and keep him on as a backup LB.

I just don't see it with McClellin. He doesn't do anything well on the field. Doesn't rush the passer, not stout against the run, isn't good in coverage ect and when you factor in his injury history i don't see the need to keep him on the roster. Re watch that superbowl. He was getting completely washed out in the run game. That first crack-toss they ran he got obliterated. Front 7 improved massively in the game when they cut Ninks snaps and benched him and played Sheard more. He did make a great block on that EP, that was wrongly taken away though.
Adopt a Patriot 2015: #98 Trey Flowers DE
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McClellin is ok as a #4. Can play a few different spots at a passable (short term) level. Good ST guy. The contract sucks but I don't see any reason to move on until/unless there is an obvious upgrade in house.

Ninkovich was horrible in the Super Bowl and bad all year. He's a bigger problem IMO than McClellin
Kanye West

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Van Noy...

I had no idea who he was before Collins got traded. His reaction to "The Catch" has now immortalized him in my mind...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: