Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release CB Sam Shields
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
If your opinion is that Shields isn't a big loss, then arguing with you or putting any kind of effort into trying to prove that you are wrong, is pointless.
Then you continue saying this....

Quote:
All you've done is said your opinion that Shields isn't a big loss with nothing else to back it up. You've said more then once that he wasn't ever our number one CB which is just flat out wrong and shows how laughably wrong you are about him.
....When you and every other Packer fan have done the same in this thread here. All I've heard is trolling butt-hurt homer statements, personal attacks and him being a top-10 CB, nothing more, AS USUAL. Yet you're telling me to "back it up" when none of you have either?! If your going to reply to my post and just say; "you're wrong", "he's a top-10 CB", he's very important, etc without backing up your reasoning as to why you disagree with me, then cut out the BS about me being wrong and not "backing it up".

How about YOU back-up everything that you have said then?

Quote:
You obviously didn't like the couple stats I posted. What I posted wasn't meant to prove anything, so stop trying to make it seem like I was. I posted them just as examples of the fact that he was a very good player for us and will be a huge loss.
More BS. You did post them to try to prove a point when you replied to my post about him never being a #1 boundary corner. But go ahead and back-peddle some more.

Quote:
As for your top 10 CB crap you keep repeating, I didn't say that. All I've said is that he was very important to our team and will be missed. Not all fans of a team have the same opinion, even though you seem to think they do with your generalization of Packer fans and calling all of us homers.
Are all of you homers? No. Are about 90% of you on this site? Absolutely! You know why everyone on here says that about Packer fans? Just take this thread for example and look at the reply's.

Now, are you one of them homers? No. Which is why your responses here are very surprising. I have been reading this site longer than you know and have always viewed you as the most level-headed Packer fan on this site and have always respected your opinion whether I agree with it or not. With that said though, your right, I shouldn't put you into the same box and I apologize.

Quote:
I'll try and ask one more time. What substance, stats, analysis or anything, other then just your opinion, do you have that Shields wasn't a very good CB or that his loss won't hurt GB... I really don't expect an actual answer though. Your reply is guaranteed to include calling me a homer, generalizing all Packer fans and saying the stats I posted are stupid.
A "very good corner" compared to what exactly? The same corner that has always played on the weak side? The same CB that has always played with an above average to great Safety help over the top? The same CB that has always played second fiddle to Tramon, Heyward and Woodson in his entire career? The same CB that has only played in 65 games in 7 years(avg of 8-9 games a year)? The same CB that played on a defense that was never better in pass pro wih or without him? The same CB that has been lined up against mostly scrub WR's and QB's for the majority of his career? The same CB that didn't even cover the #1 WR at ALL unless he was forced too (ala his entire sophomore and junior season - even when Tramon was out with an injury)? The same CB that seems to only have his best days when the front-7 had pressure?

I am I not saying that he is not a decent corner, but he is defiantly being overrated here(ESPECIALLY with the top-10 nonsense) and is very much replaceable in that scheme when you factor in everything that I mentioned above. Just look at what Gunter did this season for example while playing(atleast h lasted an entire season?

Now. If you want to consider him an assett based strictly on the fact that Randall has played like trash and Rollins is playing out of position then I have no problem with that. But don't use that in order to hype up Shields himself and act like you're losing one of the best CB's in the game.

Last edited by JustAnotherFan on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Shields was absolutely a big loss and was pretty widely considered a fringe top 10 CB the last few years, at worst top 15. wtf? Laughing Laughing

You can't say that or guys around here will tell you you are delusional homer. As I said before, to some around here our roster is full of garbage besides our QB. Rolling Eyes
Oh, great. More "You're wrong but when challenged about it I'll just ignore it and quote another Packer buddy instead" post. Laughing

Hey Pugger! Why don't you speak for yourself and answer the question in my response?

Rhetorical question. I know why........."I don't know-I just agree with mah packerz fansz"
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Shields was absolutely a big loss and was pretty widely considered a fringe top 10 CB the last few years, at worst top 15. wtf? Laughing Laughing

You can't say that or guys around here will tell you you are delusional homer. As I said before, to some around here our roster is full of garbage besides our QB. Rolling Eyes
Oh, great. More "You're wrong but when challenged about it I'll just ignore it and quote another Packer buddy instead" post. Laughing

Hey Pugger! Why don't you speak for yourself and answer the question in my response?

Rhetorical question. I know why........."I don't know-I just agree with mah packerz fansz"

Good lord. Don't be a damn troll. You must be a fan of another team in the NFCN. If I agree with my fellow Packers fans maybe its because they know what they are talking about and you are just trying to be a pain in the you know where.

When a team loses their #1 corner it really doesn't affect that team and defense?? Next someone points out (and shows) his career numbers are pretty good and our defense suffered in the passing game with his absence you try to get cute and say "Okay Packers fans - he's ready for the HOF." With these kind of juvenile posts it is apparent you don't know the game of football as well as you think you do or you are just trying to behave like a donkey to one fan base. I'm beginning to believe it is the later. Nice work sonny.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Good lord. Don't be a damn troll. You must be a fan of another team in the NFCN.

Pugger and other Packer fans, quit. The dude doesn't have a single post in a team subforum. Scrolled through his entire posting history and he doesn't have a single post not in the News, General or Comparison forums. Eighty percent of his posts are bashing Packers or Rodgers. He literally isn't worth the calorie it would burn to type a sentence in response to. He provides zero value in discussion whatsoever, and he is a waste of your time as well as the time of other people who have to read what you respond with. He will not ever provide worthwhile discussion, conversation or even debate material. Quit. Wasting. Time.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Good lord. Don't be a damn troll. You must be a fan of another team in the NFCN.

Pugger and other Packer fans, quit. The dude doesn't have a single post in a team subforum. Scrolled through his entire posting history and he doesn't have a single post not in the News, General or Comparison forums. Eighty percent of his posts are bashing Packers or Rodgers. He literally isn't worth the calorie it would burn to type a sentence in response to. He provides zero value in discussion whatsoever, and he is a waste of your time as well as the time of other people who have to read what you respond with. He will not ever provide worthwhile discussion, conversation or even debate material. Quit. Wasting. Time.

I kinda figured that. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Good lord. Don't be a damn troll. You must be a fan of another team in the NFCN. If I agree with my fellow Packers fans maybe its because they know what they are talking about and you are just trying to be a pain in the you know where.

When a team loses their #1 corner it really doesn't affect that team and defense?? Next someone points out (and shows) his career numbers are pretty good and our defense suffered in the passing game with his absence you try to get cute and say "Okay Packers fans - he's ready for the HOF." With these kind of juvenile posts it is apparent you don't know the game of football as well as you think you do or you are just trying to behave like a donkey to one fan base. I'm beginning to believe it is the later. Nice work sonny.
I'm trolling for calling you out? Why because I'm talking bad about a Packer player? You need to go back and read because you're memory is obviously shot to hell.

I responded to your post with no sort of trolling at all and you obviously can't speak yourself and so all you did was wait until another Packer fan came to your rescue and THEN you decided to reply to his post and start throwing immature shots me and trolling. Cut out the BS.

All of your posts (and every other Packer fan here) have been nothing but "ZOMG, you're talking bad about mah playerzes" and typical "homerism" posts and you're accusing of trolling? That's cute.
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Pugger and other Packer fans, quit. The dude doesn't have a single post in a team subforum.
"OH NOEZ, YOU TALK BAD ABOUT MAH PACKERZ YOU MUST BE A RIVAL HATERZEZ@" Laughing . The insecurity of your fan-base is amusing.

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Scrolled through his entire posting history and he doesn't have a single post not in the News, General or Comparison forums. Eighty percent of his posts are bashing Packers or Rodgers. He literally isn't worth the calorie it would burn to type a sentence in response to.
So let me get this straight. You spent all that time going through someone else posts instead of providing ANY substance whatsoever? LMAO! If I was so wrong would'nt have taken LESS time to do the latter? I'm flattered though Laughing .

And this also just shows the insecurity of your fan-base whenever someone says ANYTHING bad about one of your players. Yeah, I must be a rival fan because I wasn't riding Rodgers nuts when most of you Packer fans were clamoring for him being MVP or even close to it. What were the votes again? Nice try though.

HorizontoZenith wrote:
He provides zero value in discussion whatsoever, and he is a waste of your time as well as the time of other people who have to read what you respond with. He will not ever provide worthwhile discussion, conversation or even debate material. Quit. Wasting. Time.
What have you provided? LMAO. Kettle meet pot. And the bolded is HILARIOUS.
flyers0909

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.

This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.

Who was their #1 boundary last year?

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:

Quit responding to him. He's either a troll, an idiot or both.
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.

This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.

Randall was(right-side) with Hayward playing nickel like they did with Woodson toward the end of his career. Last year the Packers defense ran alot of nickel-packages to not only help with outside coverage for a rookie playing the hardest part of the field(Randall-not Shields) but to also disguise the lack of talent at the linebacker position after Clay's moves inside. Shields has always played the left-side in his entire career and has always had help over-the-top from Nick Collins before, and now Dix. Even during his sophomore and junior year, the only time that he would ever line up on the left side was during stacked offensive sets or when the #2 or #3(or even #4 or 5) receiver would motion to that side. He wouldn't cover Steve Smith or Colston. He would only cover a Lannee, or LaFell, or Meachem or Henderson.

And thank you for not trolling and instead, asking a question related to my post.
Kenrik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:

Randall was(right-side) with Hayward playing nickel like they did with Woodson toward the end of his career. Last year the Packers defense ran alot of nickel-packages to not only help with outside coverage for a rookie playing the hardest part of the field(Randall-not Shields) but to also disguise the lack of talent at the linebacker position after Clay's moves inside. Shields has always played the left-side in his entire career and has always had help over-the-top from Nick Collins before, and now Dix. Even during his sophomore and junior year, the only time that he would ever line up on the left side was during stacked offensive sets or when the #2 or #3(or even #4 or 5) receiver would motion to that side. He wouldn't cover Steve Smith or Colston. He would only cover a Lannee, or LaFell, or Meachem or Henderson.

And thank you for not trolling and instead, asking a question related to my post.

It was dependent on the matchups each week. Sam stayed on the #1 WR when GB went up against teams with True #1. Sam lined up against Alshon, Calvin, and Dez(The no catch) the entire game. Dan Perry mixed up the guys behind Sam a lot last year. He went with the best of the hot hands that week. Casey Hayward started the first 6 games at outside but he was getting beat on the boundary so after the Denver game he got moved inside.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:

Here's a solution JustAnotherFan. Talk football, or don't post. Talking about posters has been against the rules in FF since long before I registered. At what point do you feel that those rules don't apply to you? Stick to football.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:

Here's a solution JustAnotherFan. Talk football, or don't post. Talking about posters has been against the rules in FF since long before I registered. At what point do you feel that those rules don't apply to you? Stick to football.
Here's a solution CWood21. Read the thread and stop playing favoritism. Until you do that, to hell with your solution. At what point do you feel that that is okay for you to just ignore fellow Packer fans and only single-out another poster? Stick to doing your job the right way.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Here's a solution CWood21. Read the thread and stop playing favoritism. Until you do that, to hell with your solution. At what point do you feel that that is okay for you to just ignore fellow Packer fans and only single-out another poster? Stick to doing your job the right way.

This isn't up for discussion. You've gone out of your way multiple times to attack posters, and your posts have been forwarded to Webby.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
JustAnotherFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:

This isn't up for discussion. You've gone out of your way multiple times to attack posters, and your posts have been forwarded to Webby.
Of-course it's not up for discussion. That would be proving your obvious favoritism.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: