You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release CB Sam Shields
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JustAnotherFan


Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.


This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.
You really have no idea what you're talking about with Shields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KXlRJWcAEgAjz?format=jpg&name=large

@PFF wrote:
Sam Shields, released today by the Packers, had 73 combined INTs and pass breakups between 2010 and 2015, fourth-most in that time #GoPackGo


Shields has been our best pure cover CB for years. The idea that his loss isn't going to hurt is asinine and full of ignorance.
PFF Laughing

Or did you forgot why you got bounce in the playoffs 2 years ago?

But yeah....."top-10"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17991
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.


This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.
You really have no idea what you're talking about with Shields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KXlRJWcAEgAjz?format=jpg&name=large

@PFF wrote:
Sam Shields, released today by the Packers, had 73 combined INTs and pass breakups between 2010 and 2015, fourth-most in that time #GoPackGo


Shields has been our best pure cover CB for years. The idea that his loss isn't going to hurt is asinine and full of ignorance.
PFF Laughing

Or did you forgot why you got bounce in the playoffs 2 years ago?

But yeah....."top-10"
So nothing of substance to add I see. All your doing is proving your ignorance about Shields since you can't refute what I posted except the typical "lol PFF" crap. Don't like the stats I posted about Shields from PFF, by all means let's see your stats or analysis.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustAnotherFan


Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.


This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.
You really have no idea what you're talking about with Shields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KXlRJWcAEgAjz?format=jpg&name=large

@PFF wrote:
Sam Shields, released today by the Packers, had 73 combined INTs and pass breakups between 2010 and 2015, fourth-most in that time #GoPackGo


Shields has been our best pure cover CB for years. The idea that his loss isn't going to hurt is asinine and full of ignorance.
PFF Laughing

Or did you forgot why you got bounce in the playoffs 2 years ago?

But yeah....."top-10"
So nothing of substance to add I see. All your doing is proving your ignorance about Shields since you can't refute what I posted except the typical "lol PFF" crap. Don't like the stats I posted about Shields from PFF, by all means let's see your stats or analysis.
And no substance behind those stats that you seem to live and die by I see.

But hey, it fits your narrative to pimp your player. I've seen this very same thing before from another Packer fan on here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17991
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What substance is needed behind the stats I posted? They are some stats to back up the fact that Shields was a very good and important player for us. It's not gospel but it's damn sure more then you e added. Pimp my player? He hasn't played for GB since week one of this past season and has now been cut. I have no reason to "pimp" him. I'm done arguing with someone who has zero clue about Shields and how important he was to our defense. All you've done is spew your baseless opinion that Shields isn't a loss for GB without actually having any kind of analysis to back it up. Please though, continue making a fool of yourself. It's quite entertaining.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.


This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.
You really have no idea what you're talking about with Shields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KXlRJWcAEgAjz?format=jpg&name=large

@PFF wrote:
Sam Shields, released today by the Packers, had 73 combined INTs and pass breakups between 2010 and 2015, fourth-most in that time #GoPackGo


Shields has been our best pure cover CB for years. The idea that his loss isn't going to hurt is asinine and full of ignorance.


In 2015 Shields missed a handful of games and the difference in the play of the defense when he was absent was painfully obvious. Randall and Rollins are no where near as good as Sam was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
What substance is needed behind the stats I posted? They are some stats to back up the fact that Shields was a very good and important player for us. It's not gospel but it's damn sure more then you e added. Pimp my player? He hasn't played for GB since week one of this past season and has now been cut. I have no reason to "pimp" him. I'm done arguing with someone who has zero clue about Shields and how important he was to our defense. All you've done is spew your baseless opinion that Shields isn't a loss for GB without actually having any kind of analysis to back it up. Please though, continue making a fool of yourself. It's quite entertaining.


This goofball has no clue. Of course if we say anything positive about any of our players besides Rodgers we are hopeless homers to some of the Einsteins around here.

http://www.nfl.com/player/samshields/1037374/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustAnotherFan


Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
What substance is needed behind the stats I posted
Context>>>>>>>>stats. Thats why! Kinda of like I pointed too earlier about not even being the best CB on his own team. You do know that it's tougher for right-handed QB's to throw to there left side, right? You also do know the lack of QB's/WR's(and offenses in general) that the Packers defense have played against, right? Think division!(1/4 of the schedule)

You posted stats that featured Jonathon friggin Joseph as a top-5 CB for christ sake. If you don't see the flaws in the stats that you posted then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
They are some stats to back up the fact that Shields was a very good and important player for us
Like what?

Quote:

All you've done is spew your baseless opinion that Shields isn't a loss for GB without actually having any kind of analysis to back it up.
And what non-baseless opinion, backup-ed with analysis have any of you Packer fans have brought?..............crickets.

it's the same ole with you homer Packer fans. You guys cry and whine whenever anyone else says something negative about your team. Hell, judging by you guys, the Packers should've won the SB atleast 5 times in the last 6 years. It's pathetic and embarrassing on your part.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustAnotherFan


Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
What substance is needed behind the stats I posted? They are some stats to back up the fact that Shields was a very good and important player for us. It's not gospel but it's damn sure more then you e added. Pimp my player? He hasn't played for GB since week one of this past season and has now been cut. I have no reason to "pimp" him. I'm done arguing with someone who has zero clue about Shields and how important he was to our defense. All you've done is spew your baseless opinion that Shields isn't a loss for GB without actually having any kind of analysis to back it up. Please though, continue making a fool of yourself. It's quite entertaining.


This goofball has no clue. Of course if we say anything positive about any of our players besides Rodgers we are hopeless homers to some of the Einsteins around here.

http://www.nfl.com/player/samshields/1037374/profile
Another example of Packer fans getting their panties in a bunch and resorting to pout posts instead of staying on subject.

Again, this is how this fan base is. It's no surprise to me anymore. Laughing

TOP-10 QB though!!!!! Remember that! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustAnotherFan


Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields should be in the HOF.


(There Packer fans. Happy?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17991
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your opinion is that Shields isn't a big loss, then arguing with you or putting any kind of effort into trying to prove that you are wrong, is pointless. All you've done is said your opinion that Shields isn't a big loss with nothing else to back it up. You've said more then once that he wasn't ever our number one CB which is just flat out wrong and shows how laughably wrong you are about him.

You obviously didn't like the couple stats I posted. What I posted wasn't meant to prove anything, so stop trying to make it seem like I was. I posted them just as examples of the fact that he was a very good player for us and will be a huge loss.

As for your top 10 CB crap you keep repeating, I didn't say that. All I've said is that he was very important to our team and will be missed. Not all fans of a team have the same opinion, even though you seem to think they do with your generalization of Packer fans and calling all of us homers.

I'll try and ask one more time. What substance, stats, analysis or anything, other then just your opinion, do you have that Shields wasn't a very good CB or that his loss won't hurt GB... I really don't expect an actual answer though. Your reply is guaranteed to include calling me a homer, generalizing all Packer fans and saying the stats I posted are stupid.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18592
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields was absolutely a big loss and was pretty widely considered a fringe top 10 CB the last few years, at worst top 15. wtf? Laughing Laughing
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Shields was absolutely a big loss and was pretty widely considered a fringe top 10 CB the last few years, at worst top 15. wtf? Laughing Laughing


You can't say that or guys around here will tell you you are delusional homer. As I said before, to some around here our roster is full of garbage besides our QB. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Shields should be in the HOF.


(There Packer fans. Happy?)


Don't be patronizing. It doesn't become you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packer_ESP


Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Posts: 1122
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Another example of Packer fans getting their panties in a bunch and resorting to pout posts instead of staying on subject.

Again, this is how this fan base is. It's no surprise to me anymore. Laughing

TOP-10 QB though!!!!! Remember that! Laughing


Post who was the #1 CB for the Packers according to you before Shields got injured and how the Packers are covering this loss. It shouldn't be too hard since it's not a big loss, right? At least this way you'll contribute something to the discussion which you haven't since your first post.

It'd also be great if you stopped generalizing and insulting a whole fanbase.
_________________
incognito_man wrote:
we should get a 5th down for having richard rodgers on the field
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFPatsFan


Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 2616
Location: San Francisco
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherFan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
JustAnotherFan wrote:
Not a big loss to GB, other than the fact that he was their best corner. Which isn't much though.


This is nonsense. He is a really big loss. Our cornerback situation was a mess after he went down.
So losing a corner who has never been the #1 boundary on your own team was suddenly the reason the CB position was a mess? I don't buy it. His entire career he has played along side of Tramon Williams, Casey Heyward and Charles Woodson; none of which he has anymore.
You really have no idea what you're talking about with Shields.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KXlRJWcAEgAjz?format=jpg&name=large

@PFF wrote:
Sam Shields, released today by the Packers, had 73 combined INTs and pass breakups between 2010 and 2015, fourth-most in that time #GoPackGo


Shields has been our best pure cover CB for years. The idea that his loss isn't going to hurt is asinine and full of ignorance.
PFF Laughing

Or did you forgot why you got bounce in the playoffs 2 years ago?

But yeah....."top-10"
So nothing of substance to add I see. All your doing is proving your ignorance about Shields since you can't refute what I posted except the typical "lol PFF" crap. Don't like the stats I posted about Shields from PFF, by all means let's see your stats or analysis.
And no substance behind those stats that you seem to live and die by I see.

But hey, it fits your narrative to pimp your player. I've seen this very same thing before from another Packer fan on here.


I think PFF is garbage too with their grades/ rankings but I don't think you can make up INTs and PDs...It's like you can disagree with Mack being DPOY but you can't just say he didn't have a 8 game stretch where he had 10 sacks, 5 FF and a pick. Shields was and still might be a good CB but you're probably just gonna continue to troll.
_________________
MWil23 wrote:
Lavar Ball has more college points than LeBron and Kobe COMBINED.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group