Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GFalcon


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 9781
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any word on poe
_________________

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15823
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
any word on poe

Only word is he's unlikely to sign with us. Been that way since the beginning. We're likely offering a one year deal for less, and teams like Jacksonville and Indy are offering 2-3 year deals for more.

We're apparently going all in with Poe though. If we sign someone else for more than a mil or two we won't have the money to sign him. If we don't get Poe, I still expect another signing of someone. Idk who's left on the market but I'll look into it
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 5176
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering what's going on with Tru. Surprised that's not done.
_________________
XBL GT: L JGOLD L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15823
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Wondering what's going on with Tru. Surprised that's not done.

Same tbh. Maybe waiting to see if we get Poe and need to make more cap room?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jarren


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 927
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
any word on poe

Only word is he's unlikely to sign with us. Been that way since the beginning. We're likely offering a one year deal for less, and teams like Jacksonville and Indy are offering 2-3 year deals for more.

We're apparently going all in with Poe though. If we sign someone else for more than a mil or two we won't have the money to sign him. If we don't get Poe, I still expect another signing of someone. Idk who's left on the market but I'll look into it


Ricky Jean Francois, Jared Odrick and Sederrick Marks are all decent guys to add to the rotation without breaking the bank. Suprised Hankins hasn't garnered that much attention mabey he's asking for too much? I'd also like us to take a look at Connor Barwin. He would be awesome at LEO on passing downs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 5176
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooooooooo We got Poeeeeeeee
_________________
XBL GT: L JGOLD L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GFalcon


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 9781
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it on a 1 year prove it deal, and for only 8 mil, he's going to work for that big contract
_________________

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 11727
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grady and the lb's stock just went way up with poe. defense should be really good next year, best we've seen in a long time.
_________________

thesickness89 ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15823
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, our potential starting lineup on paper is the best it's been maybe in the history of the franchise IMO.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman
FB: ? (FA or draft pick, maybe an UDFA)
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Mo Sanu
WR3: Taylor Gabriel
TE: Austin Hooper
LT: Jake Matthews
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Alex Mack
RG: ? (draft pick hopefully or Ben Garland)
RT: Ryan Schraeder

WDE: Brooks Reed (Yes, Vic plays here but this is how we do our "starting lineup")
DT: Grady Jarrett
NT: Dontari Poe
SDE: Derrick Shelby or Adrian Clayborn
WOLB: Devondre Campbell
MLB: Deion Jones
SOLB: Vic Beasley
CB1: Desmond Trufant
FS: Rico Allen
SS: Keanu Neal
CB2: Jalen Collins or Robert Alford
Nickel: Robert Alford or Brian Poole
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 25430
Location: Nashvegas
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
I mean, our potential starting lineup on paper is the best it's been maybe in the history of the franchise IMO.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman
FB: ? (FA or draft pick, maybe an UDFA)
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Mo Sanu
WR3: Taylor Gabriel
TE: Austin Hooper
LT: Jake Matthews
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Alex Mack
RG: ? (draft pick hopefully or Ben Garland)
RT: Ryan Schraeder

WDE: Brooks Reed (Yes, Vic plays here but this is how we do our "starting lineup")
DT: Grady Jarrett
NT: Dontari Poe
SDE: Derrick Shelby or Adrian Clayborn
WOLB: Devondre Campbell
MLB: Deion Jones
SOLB: Vic Beasley
CB1: Desmond Trufant
FS: Rico Allen
SS: Keanu Neal
CB2: Jalen Collins or Robert Alford
Nickel: Robert Alford or Brian Poole


We probably wont have a FB with Sark's offense. H-back maybe, or we'll use the TE more.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15823
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I mean, our potential starting lineup on paper is the best it's been maybe in the history of the franchise IMO.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman
FB: ? (FA or draft pick, maybe an UDFA)
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Mo Sanu
WR3: Taylor Gabriel
TE: Austin Hooper
LT: Jake Matthews
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Alex Mack
RG: ? (draft pick hopefully or Ben Garland)
RT: Ryan Schraeder

WDE: Brooks Reed (Yes, Vic plays here but this is how we do our "starting lineup")
DT: Grady Jarrett
NT: Dontari Poe
SDE: Derrick Shelby or Adrian Clayborn
WOLB: Devondre Campbell
MLB: Deion Jones
SOLB: Vic Beasley
CB1: Desmond Trufant
FS: Rico Allen
SS: Keanu Neal
CB2: Jalen Collins or Robert Alford
Nickel: Robert Alford or Brian Poole


We probably wont have a FB with Sark's offense. H-back maybe, or we'll use the TE more.

Hmm, I think he may go more traditional with the jump to the NFL but maybe not
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jarren


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 927
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe signing is awesome. Such big upside and little risk. He's in prime position to have a bounce back year like Alex Mack. Alot of things going for him like our rotations, 1 gap system, and being able to lose weight which will help with his back injury. I really think this will be one of the better signings in the TD era.


Draft wise we're in position to go BPA (CB and RB aside). We just recently worked out Hassan Reddick and Tanoh Kpassagnon. Reddick should be long gone at 31 but Kpassagnon should be there. One of my favorite prospects in the draft he's an absolute freak. Raw but has big upside at SDE.

I'm also interested in how they go about the guard position. We met with Forrest Lamp twice at the Senior Bowl and he's looking like a 1st round prospect. I have a feeling he'll be the pick if he's on the board at 31. Was also reading today that Quinn is waiting to hear back from Chris Chester on his future. I can't see him contemplating coming back as a depth guy so mabey the staff is fine with him at RG for one more year? Who knows.


Last edited by jarren on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 8223
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I mean, our potential starting lineup on paper is the best it's been maybe in the history of the franchise IMO.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman
FB: ? (FA or draft pick, maybe an UDFA)
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Mo Sanu
WR3: Taylor Gabriel
TE: Austin Hooper
LT: Jake Matthews
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Alex Mack
RG: ? (draft pick hopefully or Ben Garland)
RT: Ryan Schraeder

WDE: Brooks Reed (Yes, Vic plays here but this is how we do our "starting lineup")
DT: Grady Jarrett
NT: Dontari Poe
SDE: Derrick Shelby or Adrian Clayborn
WOLB: Devondre Campbell
MLB: Deion Jones
SOLB: Vic Beasley
CB1: Desmond Trufant
FS: Rico Allen
SS: Keanu Neal
CB2: Jalen Collins or Robert Alford
Nickel: Robert Alford or Brian Poole


We probably wont have a FB with Sark's offense. H-back maybe, or we'll use the TE more.


Honestly, of Njoku is there at 31 I snatch him up in a heartbeat and do a happy dance afterwards. We're basically looking for a starting gyard and depth at this point, we've set ourselves up to where we can truly take BPA.

Plus, dream over that offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15823
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt Njoku will be there. Lamp is who I'm hoping for. Also wouldn't mind trading down and picking up a 3rd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 25430
Location: Nashvegas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Doubt Njoku will be there. Lamp is who I'm hoping for. Also wouldn't mind trading down and picking up a 3rd.


Njoku would be a dream. Him and Hooper in a 2 TE set, and Toilolo as the blocking TE/FB/H-Back. Would love it.

I would like Lamp as well. I would be happy with a number of guys though.

Dream pick would be Barnett, but I doubt he slides.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group