You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JFalconFan


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1827
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather run with a scrub at RG and grab a DT and DE in rounds one and two. RG is way easier to plug and play. Even the rookie from last year looked pretty good early. I'm hoping for Charlton or Brantley.
_________________

JGold on the Sig

Deion Jones: *Playoffs Included*
Tackles: 126 / Pass Deflections: 11 / INT: 4 / TD: 1 / FF: 1
1st Team All-Rookie, Pro Bowl, and ROY Finalist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JFalconFan


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1827
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you haven't checked out drafttek's latest mock it's very nice for us:

1. Forrest Lamp OG
2. Davon Godcheaux 3T/5T
3. Ryan Anderson Edge
4. Ryan Glasgow 3T
5. Eddie Vanderdoes 1T
6. Joshua Price TE
7. Weston Steelhammer S
_________________

JGold on the Sig

Deion Jones: *Playoffs Included*
Tackles: 126 / Pass Deflections: 11 / INT: 4 / TD: 1 / FF: 1
1st Team All-Rookie, Pro Bowl, and ROY Finalist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupe, Swish, Scar, Devils, GSU, etc.. Let's all hope for a good offseason, maybe we can get 50 posts before next season starts Laughing <3
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 5177
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we currently have signed: Toilolo, Reynolds, Schaub, Crawford, and Upshaw.
_________________
XBL GT: L JGOLD L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 8319
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see which way we go over the next couple weeks. Crawford is purely a depth guy, do we grab a guard in FA or look to draft one early. After Tyus Bowsers show a couple weeks ago, im kinda hoping we give him a serious look with our 1st.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CoachFunk7


Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 870
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading Poe could come hear on a one year prove-it deal.
_________________
Dirty Bird Watch: Sean Weatherspoon

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman70


Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 849
Location: Brunswick,GA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a decent DE or DT to fall to us in the 1st, then a G or which ever DL position we didn't get in the first. In my opinion, the Falcons should concentrate on getting a DE, DT, RG, and FS in the draft and FA. So far, I've been glad to see that we've re-signed some core starters and depth guysl I'm really hoping that the team spends a little dough on anchoring the middle of the DL and snags Dontari Poe. The talent at this position isn't there in the draft(with very few exceptions), and FA isn't exactly stocked with them either. If we do this, plus sign one other starter at G, DL, or FS, we can pretty much draft BPA for much of the draft.
_________________
"If you think weakness can be turned into a strength. I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." Jack Handey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schraeder has his contract redone to save us 4+ mil in cap. Still feeling we nab Poe. We also had Rex Burkhead in on a visit, if we could snag him as RB3, we could have the best trio in the league IMO. Other guys still floating around, hear we also are interested in signing a WR.

Draft some OL, some DL, maybe a backup LB, WR, and/or CB, maybe a FB and we should be good to go next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 11795
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Schraeder has his contract redone to save us 4+ mil in cap. Still feeling we nab Poe. We also had Rex Burkhead in on a visit, if we could snag him as RB3, we could have the best trio in the league IMO. Other guys still floating around, hear we also are interested in signing a WR.

Draft some OL, some DL, maybe a backup LB, WR, and/or CB, maybe a FB and we should be good to go next year.
burkhead would be nice. he was a versatile player for cincy last season. not a fullback, but he can split out wide like dimarco did (and actually be a factor).
_________________

thesickness89 ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
Schraeder has his contract redone to save us 4+ mil in cap. Still feeling we nab Poe. We also had Rex Burkhead in on a visit, if we could snag him as RB3, we could have the best trio in the league IMO. Other guys still floating around, hear we also are interested in signing a WR.

Draft some OL, some DL, maybe a backup LB, WR, and/or CB, maybe a FB and we should be good to go next year.
burkhead would be nice. he was a versatile player for cincy last season. not a fullback, but he can split out wide like dimarco did (and actually be a factor).

There are still some OGs and DTs (if Poe signs elsewhere) floating around too. If we can get Burkhead and an OL or DT in FA I'll call this offseason a win thus far.

Who we drafting Swooshypoo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 5177
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear Poe is visiting soon. If we got Poe, thats a whole lotta man in the middle of the D line.
_________________
XBL GT: L JGOLD L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 5177
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing going for Poe is his snap count won't be as high as it was in KC. So he'll be able to play fresher throughout the year. Hopefully we can sign Babs back for cheap.
_________________
XBL GT: L JGOLD L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GFalcon


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 9782
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumor is poe is already in ATL and had dinner with Quinn and the GM
_________________

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
One thing going for Poe is his snap count won't be as high as it was in KC. So he'll be able to play fresher throughout the year. Hopefully we can sign Babs back for cheap.

We've moved on from Babs :/

We just signed Andre Roberts to take the Weems role on ST and the #4 WR role. Also resigned Ishmael.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Posts: 5177
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
One thing going for Poe is his snap count won't be as high as it was in KC. So he'll be able to play fresher throughout the year. Hopefully we can sign Babs back for cheap.

We've moved on from Babs :/

We just signed Andre Roberts to take the Weems role on ST and the #4 WR role. Also resigned Ishmael.
Let's hope Roberts knows not how to let the ball bounce back into the end zone instead of catching it on the 2 yard line. Or taking a kick out to the 3 yard line. Laughing
_________________
XBL GT: L JGOLD L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group