You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marshall Faulk's Comments
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Marshall Faulk's Comments Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-super-bowl-marshall-faulk-says-bradys-greatness-should-have-an-asterisk/

Anyone else find the bitterness that the Patriots (staff and fans alike) direct at Goodell pretty ironic? Goodell covered for Kraft big time with Spygate. It's sad that Faulk is the only guy with enough balls to say it. You don't destroy evidence that isn't damning.

I firmly believe that if Goodell hadn't covered for them (and the NFL), people would doubt the legitimacy of their first three titles.

Which is why it strikes me as humorous that they are still so bent out of shape over Deflategate.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting sick and tired about hearing Marshall Faulk complain about something that might or might not have happened 16 years ago. The Pats beat the Rams... end of the story.

And like, every time the Pats have cheated or been accused of cheating they have won a title afterwards.

Most recently, the deflated balls in the AFC Championship game vs the Colts two years ago. Okay so with fully inflated balls two weeks later they beat Seattle and win the SB. This year Brady gets suspended the first 4 games (from deflate gate) and they come out this year and win the Superbowl again.

The thing about filming walk throughs, deflating footballs, etc is that if they NEVER won another SB after being accused/found guilty of all that stuff then you have to think. But they've won a SB every time afterwards.... They've been to 7 and have won 5. They're just freaking amazingly great.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I'm getting sick and tired about hearing Marshall Faulk complain about something that might or might not have happened 16 years ago. The Pats beat the Rams... end of the story.

And like, every time the Pats have cheated or been accused of cheating they have won a title afterwards.

Most recently, the deflated balls in the AFC Championship game vs the Colts two years ago. Okay so with fully inflated balls two weeks later they beat Seattle and win the SB. This year Brady gets suspended the first 4 games (from deflate gate) and they come out this year and win the Superbowl again.

The thing about filming walk throughs, deflating footballs, etc is that if they NEVER won another SB after being accused/found guilty of all that stuff then you have to think. But they've won a SB every time afterwards.... They've been to 7 and have won 5. They're just freaking amazingly great.

I don't think you get the point. The point isn't that the Patriots are just a good time that become great while cheating. The Patriots have been one of the most dominant teams ever while playing within the confines of the rules but they have shown they are willing to play outside of the rules to gain an advantage. It is like with Justin Gatlin, he has proven without PEDs he is one of the best sprinters in history. That doesn't mean he isn't a cheater just like the Patriots success after getting caught doesn't legitimize their earlier titles because 'they probably would have won anyway'.

I agree with Faulk and can't stand Patriots fans that play the victim.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So during the 2001 Superbowl you can PROVE without a shadow of a doubt that the Patriots filmed the Rams walk though? Faulk has mentioned that during the past week or two. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely asking a question. Is there any proof they did that or is it just believed by a lot of people?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
So during the 2001 Superbowl you can PROVE without a shadow of a doubt that the Patriots filmed the Rams walk though? Faulk has mentioned that during the past week or two. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely asking a question. Is there any proof they did that or is it just believed by a lot of people?

Yes but the proof was destroyed by Goodell so...

Kraft should be ashamed of himself. Goodell help him and he rewarded him like an as*hole
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
BG an I havent agreed alot over the years, but this time we very much do.

I have never seen actual proof that they ever did anything purposefully that was completely outside the written guidelines of the game that clearly gave them a competitive advantage. Many, many times we have seen Belichick push against the boundaries of the rules (formations, having DBs grab onto receivers, etc.) but I have yet to see actual proof of "cheating".

Not to mention, the slight against Rams fans (as flimsy as it was from the beginning) wasnt even close to the reason we lost. They manhandled our Receivers, so much so it resulted in the rule change and is likely the most direct impetus of the free and easy passing games of todays football.

Brady & Belichick are two of the best to ever do it, its time just just acknowledge that, and admit they are just that darn good
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Marshall is bitter.. Even if they did it doesn't matter.. Greatness is greatness.. We have gone the opposite route while they're out there slaying.

No need to carry the bitterness over all these years. They got punished and it is what it is..

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I have never seen actual proof that they ever did anything purposefully that was completely outside the written guidelines of the game that clearly gave them a competitive advantage. Many, many times we have seen Belichick push against the boundaries of the rules (formations, having DBs grab onto receivers, etc.) but I have yet to see actual proof of "cheating".

Not to mention, the slight against Rams fans (as flimsy as it was from the beginning) wasnt even close to the reason we lost. They manhandled our Receivers, so much so it resulted in the rule change and is likely the most direct impetus of the free and easy passing games of todays football.

Brady & Belichick are two of the best to ever do it, its time just just acknowledge that, and admit they are just that darn good

Back to what I took away as the point of jrry's OP though, let's not act like accepting/admitting that Brady and Belichick are two of the best to ever do it AND that Kraft/a number of Pats fans/Brady/Belichick (to a lesser degree as I feel it's just his natural personality) are capable of not acting like entitled, self-righteous twits ("This one is the the most special... because you punished us for getting caught violating rules and obstructing the investigatory process and we still won in spite of punitive actions we deserved.") are mutually exclusive.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Back to what I took away as the point of jrry's OP though, let's not act like accepting/admitting that Brady and Belichick are two of the best to ever do it AND that Kraft/a number of Pats fans/Brady/Belichick (to a lesser degree as I feel it's just his natural personality) are capable of not acting like entitled, self-righteous twits ("This one is the the most special... because you punished us for getting caught violating rules and obstructing the investigatory process and we still won in spite of punitive actions we deserved.") are mutually exclusive.

Exactly. I especially cannot stand Kraft. He knows what his friend Goodell did for him. Yet, he acts like a jilted lover.

El ramster wrote:
Yeah Marshall is bitter.. Even if they did it doesn't matter.. Greatness is greatness.. We have gone the opposite route while they're out there slaying.

No need to carry the bitterness over all these years. They got punished and it is what it is..

Marshall has every right to carry that bitterness to his grave. Winning a Super Bowl is the highlight of most players careers. Imagine being in his shoes. He knows they cheated. He knows the NFL covered it up. He knows he'll never get the closure he deserves. And he knows that people will never understand.

They didn't get a punishment that fit the crime. They got a slap on the wrist, and then Goodell destroyed the evidence to protect all parties involved.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Marshall Faulk's Comments Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-super-bowl-marshall-faulk-says-bradys-greatness-should-have-an-asterisk/

Anyone else find the bitterness that the Patriots (staff and fans alike) direct at Goodell pretty ironic? Goodell covered for Kraft big time with Spygate. It's sad that Faulk is the only guy with enough balls to say it. You don't destroy evidence that isn't damning.

I firmly believe that if Goodell hadn't covered for them (and the NFL), people would doubt the legitimacy of their first three titles.

Which is why it strikes me as humorous that they are still so bent out of shape over Deflategate.

That's a lot like "You dont settle out of court if you aren't guilty." And I dont pay any attention to that either.

Faulk should shut up. Leave the whining and conspiracies the the folks that hang out on football websites.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Starless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what point do the domestic abuse allegations against Faulk become fair game if he keeps this up? Think
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Marshall Faulk's Comments Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

That's a lot like "You dont settle out of court if you aren't guilty." And I dont pay any attention to that either.

Faulk should shut up. Leave the whining and conspiracies the the folks that hang out on football websites.

That's completely incorrect. It's actually completely the opposite. Settling out of court is all about risk and cost management. Juries are very unpredictable. It really comes down to economics. Is there overlap on the spectrum? If there is, the case will settle. If there isn't, the case will go to trial.

Most times, there is overlap. Thus, both sides want to avoid the uncertainty of trial and greater costs due to the elongated process.

Destroying evidence has the opposite effect. It gains you nothing but uncertainty. The only utility in doing it is to conceal information.

And we aren't talking about the NFL destroying evidence after five years of waiting and giving people access. We're talking about the NFL destroying evidence in a quick and efficient manner without giving access.

There's no reason to do that unless they're trying to conceal something big. The NFL's actions all wreak of a cover-up.

In fact, I welcome you to give us an alternative explanation of why they would do what they did that doesn't wreak of a cover-up.

I'm glad that Faulk has the balls to stand up and not let it get swept under the rug. This is hardly the only time that the NFL tried to sweep damning information under the rug. Ask Dr. Bennet Omalu about that. Too bad they couldn't destroy the evidence in that case. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
At what point do the domestic abuse allegations against Faulk become fair game if he keeps this up? Think

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/news/2003/0512/1552663.html

That case was already adjudicated. Glad to see that when you're confronted with an inconvenient view, you look to smear the source's character. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Exactly. The Patriots straight up owned the Rams WR's. I've never seen a team do that to them. Maybe that Tampa Bay NFC championship game, but I don't remember a lot of details about that game the way I can remember the Superbowl. It was insane how they dealt with our offense.

The biggest thing from that year was the tuck rule. I have always thought that if we would have faced the Raiders in the SB we would have won. New England with their coaching and their players are the only team that was going to do that to the Rams offense. Oakland had a great team, but I highly doubt they would have roughed up the Rams WRs like the Pats did.

Pats straight up won the Superbowl and they deserved to win.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Starless wrote:

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/news/2003/0512/1552663.html

That case was already adjudicated. Glad to see that when you're confronted with an inconvenient view, you look to smear the source's character. Laughing
You missed my point entirely.

The stuff Marshall loves to bring up was already dismissed as false by everyone who isn't Marshall.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: