Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread 2 Pro days & rumors!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
fellas, after months of internal debate....I think Fournette is the guy I want at #2. As talented as Carlos can be, we will probably never see his entire potential is he can't stay healthy. I don't care that it's at #2, he is the BPA and in 5 years we will be talking about potential the best back in the league.

Plus he is a 9ers fan. It is meant to be.

I know that there is a lot of scuttlebutt regarding Fournette...but I think I'd still be surprised for that selection. Not sure he's the best fit in an outside zone scheme, but more to the point, I think the Shanahans pride themselves on not taking running backs early and making them complete studs due to the scheme. I would just be shocked if after all of the history of doing just that, Kyle wants to jump in and grab a running back with the #2 pick.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
fellas, after months of internal debate....I think Fournette is the guy I want at #2. As talented as Carlos can be, we will probably never see his entire potential is he can't stay healthy. I don't care that it's at #2, he is the BPA and in 5 years we will be talking about potential the best back in the league.

I think I've read once or twice that the Niners were seeing the trade value for Hyde. If we could get a mid round pick from a team for a one year rental on Hyde I'd be content with the Fournette pick. But taking Fournette with how many holes we have on this team and taking Fournette and ignoring those just feels a little too similar to Gurley going to the Rams. What Shanahan did with Alfred Morris in Washington, it does make me excited at what might happen if you gave a talent like Fournette to him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

I think I've read once or twice that the Niners were seeing the trade value for Hyde. If we could get a mid round pick from a team for a one year rental on Hyde I'd be content with the Fournette pick. But taking Fournette with how many holes we have on this team and taking Fournette and ignoring those just feels a little too similar to Gurley going to the Rams. What Shanahan did with Alfred Morris in Washington, it does make me excited at what might happen if you gave a talent like Fournette to him.

Yeah, according to Pauline, we were looking at possible trades. I think it'd be bad value in return given the depth of the draft and last year of his deal, but i think there'd be some interest

Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

Yeah, according to Pauline, we were looking at possible trades. I think it'd be bad value in return given the depth of the draft and last year of his deal, but i think there'd be some interest

And speaking on the depth of this draft, I really like both McNichols and Hunt. Not saying that they will end up having better careers than Fournette however those two I feel can have great production and looking back 5 years from now be considered sleepers. The closer and closer we get to draft day, if unable to trade back, I'm really warming up to Hooker allowing us to keep Ward at CB and give us an instinctual, rangy S with great take away skills or Thomas, giving us a very talented, young, versatile DL and a strength on that side of the ball going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

And speaking on the depth of this draft, I really like both McNichols and Hunt. Not saying that they will end up having better careers than Fournette however those two I feel can have great production and looking back 5 years from now be considered sleepers. The closer and closer we get to draft day, if unable to trade back, I'm really warming up to Hooker allowing us to keep Ward at CB and give us an instinctual, rangy S with great take away skills or Thomas, giving us a very talented, young, versatile DL and a strength on that side of the ball going forward.

I agree with both of you in the sense that we have much bigger holes, but when I look at this offense compared to what Shannan had every else, is that we just don't have a staple player to run the offense through. Fournette can do everything Hyde can and is better in most areas. It is not like we have a potenial-franchise QB and a stud #1 to carry the offense to the point where looking into mid-round players to surround that core is what will make the offense whole...we have nothing. We have to start somewhere and once we have an identity, then Shannahan's scheme can make those average players really good players in our system.

I know Hyde was a really good receiving RB out of college which can make him more valuable than ever, but in 3 season I don't think we've seen it. Hard for me to be bought in on Hyde being a franchise, pass catching RB when we haven't seen that in 3 years due to health and not being involved in passing game. If there is serious belief that Hyde is a fit, then I have a hard time believing Fournette is not.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So you are basically saying we should never ever ever ever question a pick the team makes? I mean none of us would have ever talked to the player or watched his film as much as the coaching staff/FO right? Now, would I vomit if we took Trubisky? No, but there is nothing with questioning the team's selection.

not liking a pick seems to me quite different from saying you're going to vomit if the team picks a particular player. I like playing fantasy team general manager here like we all do. And i've got guys i like and "don't like". But i'm not going to vomit over anyone we pick. What's more, my feeling about us taking a qb early is the exact opposite. I want ou r staff to like a qb because that means they think we have a chance of making that essential next step. That would be good news to me. I would be cheered by that, not want to vo it.

The feeling of nausea is momentary. I thought that of Arik Armstead., but that's because I really wanted Devante Parker, because having a #1 WR meant more to me than having a 3-4 DE. Taking Arik really really disappointed me. But you shake it off, and then the following morning I was ready to live with it. I'm sure many here would have a similar nauseous feeling about drafting Trubisky, but the following morning, we'll mostly all be cautiously optimistic and rally behind him. Rooting against him serves absolutely nothing. If he turns out to bust, we'll all have our posts on this board that will prove we were right all along, and our I-told-you-so's will be there to warm our sad little pathetic hearts. But as opposed I am to drafting Trubisky at 2, I'll give him and Kylo a good 2-3 years of benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't ever rally behind the pick from a straight pick perspective, but I would rally behind the player and hope I was wrong, if that makes sense. Similar to Garnett last year - I won't ever support the selection itself (lack of value, player selection, etc), but obviously I want nothing but good things from the player.

yeah. Whoever we draft i'm going to get behind him and hope he becomes a superstar at his position whether that happens to be de, edge guy, cb, s or even the less likely wr,te or qb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone has really questioned the Fournette fit with us or even Hydes fit within Shanahans offense. I think there's even a quote from Shanahan about how he's excited to see Hyde in his scheme and really likes his talents. I think with a FB in front of either of them, in a blocking scheme in which they can make one cut and go is perfect for both of them. Question with Hyde obviously is the durability and Fournette is with the selection of him is that a bit of a luxury a team like ourselves can afford when we have so many other holes. I do think Hyde, Hightower and Harris can be a productive backfield in Shanahan's system though, not ideal but Shanahan has done better with worse, Morris in Washington, Crowell/West in Cleveland and let us not forget Arian Foster as a UDFA at Houston.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
I don't think anyone has really questioned the Fournette fit with us or even Hydes fit within Shanahans offense. I think there's even a quote from Shanahan about how he's excited to see Hyde in his scheme and really likes his talents. I think with a FB in front of either of them, in a blocking scheme in which they can make one cut and go is perfect for both of them. Question with Hyde obviously is the durability and Fournette is with the selection of him is that a bit of a luxury a team like ourselves can afford when we have so many other holes. I do think Hyde, Hightower and Harris can be a productive backfield in Shanahan's system though, not ideal but Shanahan has done better with worse, Morris in Washington, Crowell/West in Cleveland and let us not forget Arian Foster as a UDFA at Houston.

And of course his dad made monsters out of Davis, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson.

It's not that I think Fournette would be bad in this scheme, but I don't think you're getting his best.

757-NINER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

And of course his dad made monsters out of Davis, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson.

It's not that I think Fournette would be bad in this scheme, but I don't think you're getting his best.

Very true. My argument against drafting Fournette is you dont need elite talent at the RB position to have a elite offense. A top tier RB isn't required in today's game. Its nice luxury to have. But there are so many good RBs who were not top 10 picks, on great offenses that it just doesn't make sense to take a RB that high. And I really like Fournette. Think one of the best overall talents in this entire draft. But for this team at this particularly time, he's a luxury pick I don't believe we need to make.
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

what a reference!! HAHA.

Yes they have done more with less in that position. Just don't think a prospect like this has ever been there for the taking. I wish I had more faith in Hyde and that this is not even a thought. Fournette is the best of who can make sense at #2 for me, which is a total panic pick. Thankfully, I am not the GM.
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ringer's Michael Lombardi believes Alabama LB Reuben Foster "will be there" at the top of Round 2.
"Teams picking between 33-45 will need to make sure they are comfortable with R. Foster, cause he will be there," Lombardi tweeted on Friday. This report flies in the face of what Rotoworld's Josh Norris has been hearing. Norris reported earlier on Friday that Foster is still receiving "plenty" of Round 1 interest despite Foster's failed drug test -- due to a diluted sample -- at the NFL Combine. Foster has had one of the worst Draft processes of any prospect in this year's class.

per Roto. I just can't imagine he is there at #34 for us.
John232

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, if we're sticking at 2, I'd rather us go Jamal Adams or Marshon Lattimore. Preferably, Adams. I think with our defense, it's of the utmost importance that you have two premier safeties. When ET went down for Seattle, it became very clear that he's the reason, despite the loads of talent, that their defense is an all-time defense. Ward and by extension Adams, can allow for that kind of ceiling.

I think you also have to really consider the intangible factor when picking this high. Which is something we have less access too as fans. But from what everyone has said about Adams, is that he's the kind of guy who can come in and immediately be a leader for our defense. Most years, I would think that's not the most important thing in a prospect. But given our youth and current state, getting someone like Adams could be akin to another Willis.

I think if we stand pat, I would prefer to see something like:

1. Jamal Adams
2. Zay Jones/Evan Engram
3. Butler/Witherspoon

xsaMainevent on the sig
John232

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Quote:
The Ringer's Michael Lombardi believes Alabama LB Reuben Foster "will be there" at the top of Round 2.
"Teams picking between 33-45 will need to make sure they are comfortable with R. Foster, cause he will be there," Lombardi tweeted on Friday. This report flies in the face of what Rotoworld's Josh Norris has been hearing. Norris reported earlier on Friday that Foster is still receiving "plenty" of Round 1 interest despite Foster's failed drug test -- due to a diluted sample -- at the NFL Combine. Foster has had one of the worst Draft processes of any prospect in this year's class.

per Roto. I just can't imagine he is there at #34 for us.

No brainer if he is there. Hopefully he'd be open to being mentored by a guy like Bowman.

xsaMainevent on the sig
John232

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, it is more infuriating now that we drafted Josh Garnett instead of Myles Jack...He would have been perfect for our defense...hell we could have used him last year too.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
On a side note, it is more infuriating now that we drafted Josh Garnett instead of Myles Jack...He would have been perfect for our defense...hell we could have used him last year too.

On the bright side...he might be a total bust.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: